This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Birthday Thread

Comments

• 23rd birthday for me today.
  • It was my twenty-first birthday two hours ago.

Spoilers: I'm really fucking drunk, and it's (primarily) my brother's fault.
  • Happy birthday, Linky
  • var livespan_length = random();
    var age = 0;

while(alive==true){
    if (age > livespan_length){
    die():
    }
    age++;
    }
  • Since random() typically means a value between 0 and 1, you wouldn't be alive for very long.
  • I'mma just say happy birthday since I don't know any computer language besides HTML, and even that I only have a basic understanding of.
  • GeoGeo
    edited January 2013
    I'mma just say happy birthday since I don't know any computer language besides HTML, and even that I only have a basic understanding of.
    Yeah, I'm doing the same. Happy birthday!

Post edited by Geo on
  • Since random() typically means a value between 0 and 1, you wouldn't be alive for very long.
    I'll assume random, in this case, is not from a library, but rather crafted somewhere else in the code. Yes, it'd be better named "calculate_livespan", but good coding practices are not being followed here.

• Yes, it'd be better named "calculate_livespan", but good coding practices are not being followed here.
    Yeah, another example being your use of alive == true. Tsk, tsk.

Anyways, happy birthday Linkigi!
  • Happy Birthday YoshoKatana!

Keep being dapper for many years to come!
  • It's Grey's Birthday! Happy Birthday!
  • GeoGeo
    edited March 2013
    Happy birthday Grey!
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Happy belated birthday Dragonmaster Lou Jr.

Happy birthday Grey!
  • Thank you! I went and saw both Madoka Magika movies today, it was great!
  • Happy Birthday!
  • It appears the Scott is a year older according to my online alerts, happy birthday.
  • One hour into my birthday: partner and I taking photographs of eclipse from Castle Hill, (Townsville) using her mini Hubble telescope. First tea of the last year of my 20's downed, and early morning bouldering workout sorted.
  • Oh Cloud Cover, you mischievous bastard!

• Happy birthday!
  • Happy birthday!
  • Happy birthday, mate.
  • Cheers all! - Today has been fantastic. We are talking "Go-karts in space" levels of grandeur!
  • Bloody excellent, good to hear. Happy Birthday!
  • Happy belated birthday!
  • Happy Birthday, Neito! May your oldening continue to the point where we can solve that problem.
  • Happy Birthday, Neito! May your oldening continue to the point where we can solve that problem.
    Neito.age++ is tomorrow, you crazy "Other side of the date line" person. :P
    Neito.age++ is tomorrow, you crazy "Other side of the date line" person. :P
    What can I say? I'm living in the future.

• Thus, you can be blamed for not telling us about all the bad things about to happen.
  • It's Churba's Birthday! Woo!