This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pokemon

Comments

• edited May 2013

And first on a new page. Delicious!
    Post edited by Dromaro on
  • http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/11/4418670/pokemon-x-and-y-release-date-3ds

The new Fairy type will be applied to existing Pokemon Jigglypuff, Marril, Sylveon and Gardevoir.

Clefairy is not fairy?!
  • Sudofairy:
  • http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/11/4418670/pokemon-x-and-y-release-date-3ds

The new Fairy type will be applied to existing Pokemon Jigglypuff, Marril, Sylveon and Gardevoir.

Clefairy is not fairy?!
    I'm assuming that is not an exhaustive list. There is already a fairy egg group, so they'll probably pick some from there.
  • So many good Pokemon arts going around after all these announcements.

• Sylveon is so cute.
  • Oh my god that's probably my new favorite starter bird Pokemon design...and probably the bird pokemon I'll actually catch on my first playthrough since Pidgey in Gen 1.
  • edited June 2013
    Post edited by Dromaro on
  • Perfect.
  • Some people on Reddit are making charts illustrating their favorite Pokemon per type/per Gen
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Bwahahahahaa! Ahahahahaha!! Oh god that's fucking priceless. I haven't seen those charts in fucking years!
  • Some people on Reddit are making charts illustrating their favorite Pokemon per type/per Gen
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Bwahahahahaa! Ahahahahaha!! Oh god that's fucking priceless. I haven't seen those charts in fucking years!
  • edited June 2013
    I checked, 25 september, 2010. Damn it's been a long time. Reditt's slower than I thought. ;p
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • Pokemon X & Y will have transparent (and passive) EV Training methods now.

http://www.serebii.net/xy/supertraining.shtml

This is the best thing ever.
  • It is about time they added more of the meta into the game in a more direct fashion.
  • Pokemon X & Y will have transparent (and passive) EV Training methods now.

http://www.serebii.net/xy/supertraining.shtml

This is the best thing ever.
    AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! :D

Now if only they would tell me the IVs straight up.

• Do you even dig, bro?

• Speaking of roided up Pokemon, what are people's thoughts on the whole Mega Evolutions thing? I'm cautiously optimistic, although I agree with the many, many people who have pointed out that it feels more like a Digimon thing than a Pokemon thing. Not necessarily a bad thing, just odd.

Also, this is probably a good way to ensure more shiny new things in each new generation while limiting the number of actual new Pokemon we have to keep track of (since these are technically just different forms of existing Pokemon).
  • Mega Kangaskhan. The baby comes out of the pouch.
  • I do not care one way or the other about mega Pokemon battle forms. They will be one more thing to account for in battle, but I don't think they will be a big deal. There are plenty of ways to super-power-up a Pokemon already. One more that only works for a few Pokemon won't make a big difference.
  • The mega forms only last for the battle. Essentially if they hold their mega item they become mega for the battle. This also means that mega forms can not use hold items.
  • Oh my god. I have been waiting. So long.

Even if it turns out to be just like a one or two episode deal rather than a full series (the format of this isn't clear yet), I am so there.
  • I am so there.
    Word. Looks fucking awesome. One problem I have though. WHY THE FUCK IS IT FIRERED RED AND NOT ORIGINAL RED?!?!? This kid nowhere NEAR bad-ass enough to satisfy my original Red lust. Better than Ash though.
  • It should have Missingno.
  • I kinda want to do a Nuzlocke Challenge, but it just sounds like a lot of grinding.
  • Fuck it, I just beat White two a couple days ago so I'm starting a new save file. Let's go!
  • There are such things as No Grind Nuzlockes, where you add an extra rule either restricting yourself to a certain number of wild Pokemon battles per area, or just flat-out saying that all wild Pokemon battles should be avoided where possible. Definitely ups the challenge; whether it's doable, I do not know.
  • That honestly sounds worse. I'll probably just pull it out every once in a while, although that might kill some of the emotional investment.
  • I'll probably just pull it out every once in a while, although that might kill some of the emotional investment.
    And for today's out-of-context quote...
  • Japan is getting X and Y themed 3DS XL systems... Will be so lucky?