This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Official GeekNights CounterStrike: GO Server

18910111214»

Comments

• I watched some video from Dreamhack - world CS:GO championship? Anyway, they all seem to use the regular M4, not silenced. Anyone know why? Silenced is cheaper, is the clip size that big of a deal?
  • Higher damage, bigger magazine and preference.
  • They don't do the same damage? The only chart I can find I think says silenced actually does a little more.
  • The clip size is really important, I played a bunch of games with both and finally reverted back to the M4 because of how frequently I needed to reload.

Magazine size
    M4A1 - 3 x 20
    M4A4 - 4 x 30

M4A4 has a larger spray pattern than the M4A1, which would make it less accurate but if you play on a high sensitivity this might be detrimental if your aim is slightly off.

Counterstrike is not about accuracy (at a certain point you assume everyone is as good or better than you in a plain sight), it is a tactical shooter. You will find yourself preshooting at positions, therefore going through ammo way more quickly. Another situation is wall banging, checking for kills in common places blindly or via sounds or even through smoke.
    Suppression fire to stop a group from advancing is important.
    Spraying in short to medium distance can also be effective.

There is a case for both to be used depending on what position you play in a team but more ammo is better on frontline roles in a team.
  • sK0pe said:

Really good points

Yeah, I'm not that good yet (ever?). Interesting about the shooting all over the place. I would have guessed not giving away your position is more important, but can't argue with the pros.
  • Starfox said:

sK0pe said:

Really good points

Yeah, I'm not that good yet (ever?). Interesting about the shooting all over the place. I would have guessed not giving away your position is more important, but can't argue with the pros.
    In my understanding in high level CS, if you are being shot from front, you see the enemy, silencer or not and if you are being shot in the back you are already dead.

• I'm gonna play for a while tonight. All y'all come on in and join me!
  • Who is one star? Just some random dude that happened to wander on the server?
  • There has been randoms finding and joining the server before.
    I remember there being total ass-holes there one time.
  • I seem to remember screaming acusations of "teh wall haxz" earlire in the year.
  • I just looked, this seems to be gone. Did the Scrym stop paying for it?
  • Anybody game for some tonight?
  • I tried connecting a few times tonight, was unsuccessful. Not sure if the server is wack or what.
  • I'll look into it. I was futzing with it, as I plan to kick it off bigtime after ConnectiCon is finished.