This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Forum Flea Market

Comments

• Actually, that's not true. There are a few things that make a good airsoft gun: The internals, the body, and the barrel. Really, anything with a version 2 or version 7 gearbox is going to be absolutely fine as far as wear and tear goes. The body really depends on what gun you want. G36's have a polymer body on the real gun, so a polymer airsoft gun isn't really that far off. The barrel is the easiest thing to change out, but usually they come from the factory with a halfway decent barrel bore. Usually a bit larger than a tightbore, so you lose accuracy, but it means you can run cheaper bb's through it.

For example, I got a G&G Combat Raider (M4 with RIS foregrip) for $120. You can find them less when used. Out of the box, it felt solid and performed decently. For $50, I threw some higher gauge wiring in, put in a tightbore barrel, and reshimmed the gearbox to accept higher voltage batteries. That means that I increased my ROF a fair amount and also increased the range and accuracy.

So now I have a gun I sunk $170 into that performs as well as KWAs that sell for $350.

Hell, I picked up a high end Classic Army M249 with upgraded internals and 2 box mags for $350.

Unless you're talking about the new Polarstar stuff. The Polarstuff is super expensive, but is also really good.
  • I don't know much about airsoft, and the only guns I have are cheap spring powered ones. All I know is I can get a decent .22 for less than $200, and if all I'm really doing is just shooting shit then I'd definitely have more fun with that. Granted they're for different purposes, but that's not my point.
  • Ahhh, I see your point. I think we're also comparing it to different things. If you want to get an AR-15 to plink with and be hardcore milsim mofo or something it'll cost you a lot more. But a good .22 to plink with is definitely less.

Still, you won't get a fully auto .22 for $100. You should buy my gun. It's fully automatic. For you, friend, I'll throw in a charger.
  • If I had teh moneys and knew enough people who would buy decent guns to play with me, then I would. But alas, we are both out of luck.
  • Ooh, I might be interested. How hot does it shoot, now that it's broken in a little bit?
  • I can re-chrono it in a couple weeks (I don't have a chrono), but when I last chrono'd it it was around 350fps.
  • edited January 2013
    I put up 40-something board games in a BGG GeekList auction: Check them all out here, and place some bids, fools.

Some of these are really good games that I happened to have duplicates of, the result of spending too much time hitting Barnes & Noble stores on "$2 clearance or it goes in the dumpster" price drop day. Others are crap (but perhaps your treasure?) that I got as review copies. Lastly, some are complete wildcards: things I did not request as review copies and were sent to me unsolicited, and I know I will not be reviewing, so off to the auction heap they go.

I'm surprised that I'm getting the bids I'm getting as it is, since USPS priority flat rate shipping isn't so cheap when you compare buying some of this stuff on Amazon, but hey, gimme your moneys!

If you are NJ/NYC area, of will be going to PAX East, I can meet up with you and get you your game in person, so maybe some real deals there when you factor in free shipping.
    Post edited by Matt on
  • It's not quite flea market material, but if anyone is looking for video or audio gear/software, I work for a reseller and can try to give good deals where I can.
  • Pete and I are moving some stuff out. The album currently includes a crapton of DVDs (mostly anime), a few drawing books, and some knitting books/magazines. There are more things on the way, but if anybody wants some cheap DVDs, take a look.

https://plus.google.com/photos/115947628463648422337/albums/5877968708215351921
  • edited May 2013
    If you don't have the box set of Bebop, you might want to reconsider getting rid of the single discs. That shit's out of print until the license goes back up for auction.

Speaking of rare shit, which Sailor Moons are those? I might be interested in them.
    Post edited by Greg on
  • Sailor Moon is Season 1, volumes 1, 2, 4, 5, 6. Apparently I could not find 3 when I was collecting them. English language only. I originally bought them to make AMVs.

I was surprised when Pete put Bebop in the pile. I suppose we'll evaluate that if anybody actually asks about it.
  • Yeah, I figured Bebop was more readily available than it actually is. Given that it looks rare, I'ma hang on to it, just in case I want to watch it in the future and can't get it again.
  • Yeah, I figured Bebop was more readily available than it actually is. Given that it looks rare, I'ma hang on to it, just in case I want to watch it in the future and can't get it again.
    Just apply some Handbrake and let someone less technologically inclined see that space cowboy.
    Just apply some Handbrake and let someone less technologically inclined see that space cowboy.
    Wow, why didn't I think of that?

• Because your computer is old and shitty and incompatible with our TV? Or because your laptop can't store those files? Or maybe it's just because you are a law-abidin...no, nevermind on that one. >:(
  • edited May 2013
    How much for Haibane? is it complete, or just one volume?
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • Geo already claimed it, but it's the box set.
  • You can find it on Amazon for like 25 or 30 bucks.
  • or watch it on Crunchyroll or Hulu-plus.
  • Wall scrolls and T-shirts. Will deliver to MAGfest if anybody wants 'em since wallscrolls are a bitch to ship.
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/115947628463648422337/albums/5959583262599767009
  • Figured this might be the right place to ask. I picked up an old thinkpad for cheap on ebay but with no hard drive. Does anyone have any IDE laptop hard drives laying around that they are willing to part with?
  • Still sealed box set of Suze Orman show made me lol.
  • Those are books, not DVDs. My stepmom got them for me when I graduated college. Like they would be useful or something... yeah, no.
  • Ah, yeah the books would probably be slightly less useless than the show but still useless.
  • Shit, I would actually take some of those wall scrolls were I going to MAGfest :(
  • Anyone looking to get rid of <= 3 real Gamecube controllers?
  • I'll buy Wavebirds off people :-p
  • Cremlian said:

I'll buy Wavebirds off people :-p

We should just try to make 3rd party adapters that turn regular GCN controllers into wavebirds.
  • How much are you willing to pay?