This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Forum Flea Market

Comments

• I could probably go up to 40+shipping for 3 real controllers. Not entirely sure if I'm going to buy some yet though, I'm a little cash strapped after buying a Wii an hard drive to run games off.
  • I have the Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness GC and four controllers. Not sure if my kid will let me sell it.
  • edited June 2014
    http://www.raphnet-tech.com/ I think you can go GCN-->Wii as a classic controller.
    Oh wait, Wii functions are disabled in GCN mode.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • If you've got a hard cash limit but really want something, just set up an eBay monitor and maybe you'll catch a lucky break on an auction.
  • Looking to sell the Penny Arcade deck building game (with expansion) and the Marvel Legendary deck building game (with Dark city, Paint the town red, and Fantastic Four expansions. Amazon retail price totals for the Penny arcade games is $55 and for the Marvel games is just under $120 (both prices are with Prime).

The Penny Arcade game has seen a few more games than the Marvel game, but both are in very good condition as neither has seen a ton of play. The Penny Arcade game is all contained in the expansion box (original box is gone) and the Marvel game is all contained in the base game box (the other boxes are gone). Neither game really sees play anymore when reaching for any of the various deck builders that I have, and the Marvel game just came out with an expansion/stand alone, and I just don't feel like keeping up.

The PA game plays like a cross between the newer Cryptozoic deck builders (boss/villains and player characters) but uses the separate pile mechanic like Dominion and Thunderstone. It has a ton of Penny Arcade flair and humor, and it's only real downside, in my opinion, is that it adopted the dual currency format. The Marvel deck builder allows you to choose what heroes are going to team up against the villain deck, and what villains and master mind you will face. It also uses the dual currency system (although within flavor), which is one of its downsides. The other major downside is that sometimes hero teams may not combo as well off of each other. Otherwise, I like the game, but I may have lower standards of entertainment than a lot of people.

Looking for $30 +shipping (or hand off at PAX) for the PA deck builder and $70 + Shipping (or hand off at PAX) for the Marvel Legendary game.

We will probably be looking into posting more games on here at some point to slim down our collection.
  • I might be interested in the PA game. I mean, its not the best game. But its a pretty damn easy deckbuilder to teach people.
  • Yeah, it's not super complex, which is good. I can make sure to bring it to PAX for the exchange.
  • Anyone want some Burning Wheel books? I've got 1st ed base book, Magic Burner, Monster Burner, and Adventure Burner, and Gold base book. $5 per book plus shipping sound reasonable?
  • I'd take them all if I could get them from ya at PAX
  • Greg said:

Anyone want some Burning Wheel books? I've got 1st ed base book, Magic Burner, Monster Burner, and Adventure Burner, and Gold base book. $5 per book plus shipping sound reasonable?

Burning Wheel Classic and Revised are each two books. All but Gold are out of print, and AB had a very limited run. You could get significantly more for AB.
  • Wow, and there are no recently completed listings for Adventure Burner on eBay. The typical method for determining value in 5 seconds is not valid in this case. Any ideas what it's worth? Someone out there asking for $250 buy-it-now, but that's a point with zero reference, like the whackos on Amazon asking $1,000 for simple items that are out of stock.
  • I looked at my shelf, and decided to clear out the following board games that I own, but never get played. All of them have been used at least a few times, but have all the pieces and might as well be new.

Thurn & Taxis
    Through the Ages (first edition, does not have the patch kit with stickers and such)
    Roll Through the Ages
    Le Havre
    Scotland Yard
    San Juan
    Jambo
    LEGO Creationary
    Guillotine (I think it may actually be two sets combined in one box)
    We Didn't Playtest This at All + Either + Legacies (shrink wrapped brand new)
  • Jeremy, I forbid you to ask for any of these games. We have enough games.

Also I think I have a Burning Wheel book that I will probably never use. I will be at PAX.
  • I have "We didn't playtest this at all", but my copy is showing its age and use. How much for the three pack?
  • I am looking at what to skim from our board game collection, and will try to get a "for sale" post up soon, especially for interested parties that will be at PAX.
  • Unfortunately Scott, doesn't look like you are parting with anything that had unreasonably small print runs, or has had trouble going back into print. I've often been shocked to discover mediocre games on my shelf that are suddenly worth $100 and begging to be eBayed. The good news is that they're not bad games.

Getting rid of them locally is your best bet, but if you couldn't, and you wanted new games in return, you could always work out a big multi-game trade on BGG. Shipping individual games is a huge cost and hassle. I prefer to trade 10 games at a time to a reseller, who isn't going to give me full value, but saves me big time and money by only having to ship one large package. If you go that route, look up alexsr on BGG. I did this with him 3 times. He makes a business out of it.
  • okeefe said:

Greg said:

Anyone want some Burning Wheel books? I've got 1st ed base book, Magic Burner, Monster Burner, and Adventure Burner, and Gold base book. $5 per book plus shipping sound reasonable?

Burning Wheel Classic and Revised are each two books. All but Gold are out of print, and AB had a very limited run. You could get significantly more for AB.
    Wow. I didn't realize these were so valuable. Tossing them up on eBay for $50 each, based on the pricing that's on Amazon.
  • Rubin I might be interested in some of those games, I'll get back to you.
  • Matt said:

Unfortunately Scott, doesn't look like you are parting with anything that had unreasonably small print runs, or has had trouble going back into print. I've often been shocked to discover mediocre games on my shelf that are suddenly worth $100 and begging to be eBayed. The good news is that they're not bad games.

Getting rid of them locally is your best bet, but if you couldn't, and you wanted new games in return, you could always work out a big multi-game trade on BGG. Shipping individual games is a huge cost and hassle. I prefer to trade 10 games at a time to a reseller, who isn't going to give me full value, but saves me big time and money by only having to ship one large package. If you go that route, look up alexsr on BGG. I did this with him 3 times. He makes a business out of it.

I know they're not valuable. I'm not seling my Starfarers or my Dune!
  • You could donate them to a convention.
  • Rym said:

You could donate them to a convention.

I might.
  • Apreche said:

Rym said:

I might.
    You realize that I am a soon to be board memeber of a convention right?
  • Coldguy said:

Apreche said:

Rym said:

I might.
    But he's going to PAX. Only problem I forsee with that issue is that Rubin does not like lugging all that crap, especially from one coast to another.
  • Rochelle said:

Coldguy said:

Apreche said:

Rym said:

I might.
    But he's going to PAX. Only problem I forsee with that issue is that Rubin does not like lugging all that crap, especially from one coast to another.
    I can drive to him, you realize being on the best coast has its advantages right?
  • It's easier to lug it to MAGFest, but that means he has to hold onto it for a while. It's also easy to lug it to Philly if we have a party at ScoJoLauraBaby's house, where Coldguy is also likely to be present. ;^)
  • Apreche said:

Matt said:

Unfortunately Scott, doesn't look like you are parting with anything that had unreasonably small print runs, or has had trouble going back into print. I've often been shocked to discover mediocre games on my shelf that are suddenly worth $100 and begging to be eBayed. The good news is that they're not bad games.

I know they're not valuable. I'm not seling my Starfarers or my Dune!
    Nor would I. After I stopped reviewing games I had quite a large pile of backlogged stuff, mostly sealed. I finally got around to getting rid of the stuff that wasn't worth keeping, and had a few surprises:
    - This hardcover Legends of the 5 Rings RPG sourcebook that is now a $75 item due to rarity.
    - That crap Dungeon Roll game, even with like a 15,000 unit print run (insanely high) is worth $30, twice its retail value, due to additional crap exclusive stretch goals.
    - Poo the card game? Rare and OOP.
    - The Climbers, same situation.

Those are just a few examples. None of it worth holding onto. All resulted in surprising profit.
  • I think I might have Poo! I'll check. I've seen Dungeon Roll in tons of shops. Feel free to buy it and resell it.
  • We have Poo and Dungeon Roll. DR is just press your luck in a dungeon. It's something for people who don't really play intermediate board games.

Hmm, Jeremy and I should actually try to sell our shit. We plan on moving into a bigger apartment and are going through all our crap of geeky things. I have a ton of posters and Kickstarter extras that I don't want. I am planning to at least give some posters to the local geek pub AFK Elixirs & Eatery this weekend. However, I'll post whatever we have on here if people are interested.
  • Well Poo doesn't seem to be worth shit anymore (ohhhh the puns). There was a time when it was pushing $30. Maybe word got out. <$10 on eBay.