This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Show Ideas and Reminders

Comments

• I think a "Meet the FRC Week" would be a cool theme week. We hear about the other members of the crew quite a bit and I think setting up a week with a new member of the crew as a guest for the episode would be a cool way to get to know Scrym's background a little (lots of cool stories) and practice the interview / guest host thing. If you could link the episodes with the guests "area of expertise" you all talk about so much, that'd be even cooler.

You could make it longer than a week if necessary or have more then one guest on at a time. "Tonight on GeekNights, Katsu!"
  • +1 to Cosmicenema's idea of FRC week(s).

Also. What about the female masturbation ep? All female listeners probably went all "OMG! That's-*gasps*!!!". Now the FRC people aren't shit talkers, right?
    Also. What about the female masturbation ep? All female listeners probably went all "OMG! That's-*gasps*!!!". Now the FRC people aren't shit talkers, right?
    Knowing the rest of the FRC would be cool, if they were up for it. I was also wondering about the female masturbation episode. It would be interesting to hear another female's perspective of self pleasuring. >.>

Also, I know you guys still have a long list of final thoughts on certain anime, but I've been recently rewatching Azumanga Daioh, listening to the OSTs, and stumbled upon Fast Karate's podcast on it. I remember hearing random bits on Azumanga Daioh throughout some of the podcasts, and wonder what you think of it. It's not the greatest anime, but good lord it's pretty damn good. Chiyo chan and Osaka amuse me to no end. ^_^
  • Off-topic:
    OOOOH! You're the fan. Hrm, did I forgot to add you? *adds islandergirlro and xenomouse*

Sorry for the off-topic. No ideas.
    Knowing the rest of the FRC would be cool, if they were up for it. I was also wondering about the female masturbation episode. It would be interesting to hear another female's perspective of self pleasuring. >.>

+1 here too! I actually forgot about this. I would like to hear it oddly enough.
  • I second, third and fourth an Eva final thoughts episode.
  • Isn't the Eva final thoughts episode a certainty? I mean, it'll probably be the first wednesday after Rym and Scott have rewatched the entire Anime. +1 on it either way.
  • Gunstar Heroes?
  • How about a Sci and Tech episode about memorable errors, glitches, hacks, etc..
  • How to reform the american goverment system in seven easy steps and two years.
  • How to reform the american goverment system in seven easy steps and two years.
    Have someone like Garry Kasparov or Evo Morales as temporary dictator. Any form of government that is not totalitarian can make such big changes in so short an amount of time.
  • Do you guys think you'll do some Guitar Hero 3 / Rock Band episodes? Just curious!
  • Do you guys think you'll do some Guitar Hero 3 / Rock Band episodes? Just curious!
    We already did.
    We already did.
    So the episode from the beginning of the year was one of the episodes that got me listening to GN. So I guess "Guitar Hero Franchise" covers all future mutations of the game? Lol. Thanks,
  • So I guess "Guitar Hero Franchise" covers all future mutations of the game?What could we say about version 3 that we didn't cover in a few minutes last night and wasn't already said in the previous GH episode?
    There's very little to differentiate Guitar Hero x from Guitar Hero y aside from song selection, and you all already know what the songs are.

• There's very little to differentiate Guitar Hero x from Guitar Hero y aside from song selection, and you all already know what the songs are.
    I would agree except that Rock Band should be significantly different. Is anyone in the FRC getting it?

I haven't listened to last nights episode yet but I will.
  • edited November 2007
    Review other podcasts.
    Post edited by Anastius on
  • What about you guys recording a Burning Wheel session and putting it in the experimental feed? Could be neat to hear how you guys RP. And how the Burning Wheel system works in all its greatness as to help people trying to get their friends from D&D to Burning Wheel.
  • What about you guys recording a Burning Wheel session and putting it in the experimental feed?
    If you could do that, I would listen to it.
  • If you could do that, I would listen to it.
    So would I, hence the suggestion. Any other takers? And fill up that experimental feed! What about putting those ideas you had for season 3 in there? We, the forums, can then give our opinions on those ideas and if we think said ideas would be good to implement, or, if the idea is bad, if it would destroy GeekNights.
    So would I, hence the suggestion. Any other takers? And fill up that experimental feed! What about putting those ideas you had for season 3 in there? We, the forums, can then give our opinions on those ideas and if we think said ideas would be good to implement, or, if the idea is bad, if it would destroy GeekNights.
    I agree with that!
    Agree.
  • As the question episodes are now taking up all nights when you are slacking off would you be able to put guest episodes up on the Friday if you were sent them?
    If I ever get linux sound to work I'd like to do a show on DS Homebrew.
    I sixth that.
  • P = NP?
    Why do you think so? Will we ever prove it one way or another? Does a solution even exist?

Alternatively, you could do a whole show on complexity.

I put it in the questions episode thread, but you guys didn't get to it. I still think it would be a sweet show.
  • sixth that.
    I would also listen to this. The experimental feed needs more stuff in it. Even if it's unedited, or not geeknight worthy. I wouldn't mind if it was poor quality. Though I would cry if the geeknights quality diminished.
  • I know Scott has watch and enjoy Macross, if Rym has seen it then it would be a very good idea to review the whole SFD-1 Macross. We have the AWO review of Do You Remember Love? and the Destroy All Podcast DX audio commentary of the same beast. I think Macross deserves its own episode in Geeknights :P
  • Why hasn't there been a show on flamewars and/or trolling?
  • edited April 2008
    You guys are Monty Python fans. Monty Python the episode should be in the works.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Rym, please do a show about band shenanigans.