This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

House Hunting

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Cremlian said:

OH mans, soon George can join the very exclusive landed gentry of the FRC..

One day when prices drop from all the old people dying, I swear I will own a square inch of NYC land that will be worth more than all your lands combined. It will produce like ten shields, five food, ten science, and thirty arts thanks to all the nearby wonders.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I like your eye for the long game Rubin. ~_^
  • haha, I'll probably own half of PA before that happens :-p
  • Cremlian said:

haha, I'll probably own half of PA before that happens :-p

I'd rather own an ounce of gold than an entire mountain of dog shit.
  • Apreche said:

Cremlian said:

I dunno man, I could compost a mountain of shit and sell it back at a profit. Probably worth way more than an ounce of gold.

• Scott only cares about the aesthetic value of the gold, not realizing the inherit worth of a pile of dog shit.
  • The trick is finding the pile of dog shit that's covering undiscovered gold.
  • Makes you wonder why the phrase 'Worth it's weight in a mountain of dog shit' never caught on.
  • Offer is submitted, now the waiting game.
  • They made a reasonable counter offer and I accepted. We have a ratified contract.
  • edited September 2014
    bty just a side note, you are putting the house in one person's name right?

For legal issues, if you are not married I would always recommend one person only having ownership of the house with some sort of reimbursement plan if partnership dissolved. Way easier legally.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • edited September 2014

They made a reasonable counter offer and I accepted. We have a ratified contract.

Oh shit. George has joined the FRC Landed Gentry.

EDIT: Well, will have joined once everything is completed.

Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Apreche said:

Cremlian said:

A mountain of dog shit is actually more useful. Im not against buying property in NYC though, Im just here to defend the merits dog shit ownership.

• Apreche said:

Cremlian said:

I dunno man, I could compost a mountain of shit and sell it back at a profit. Probably worth way more than an ounce of gold.

Ah yes, this... epic this!!
  • Cremlian said:

bty just a side note, you are putting the house in one person's name right?

For legal issues, if you are not married I would always recommend one person only having ownership of the house with some sort of reimbursement plan if partnership dissolved. Way easier legally.

Yeah, we're on top of it.

They made a reasonable counter offer and I accepted. We have a ratified contract.

Oh shit. George has joined the FRC Landed Gentry.

EDIT: Well, will have joined once everything is completed.
    Yeah, being a short sale there is lots of potential for this deal to fall apart. We'll see, best case everything is fine and I have a house by Thanksgiving, but the paperwork process could easily stretch into next year.
  • Short sale has been verbally approved, written approval should follow shortly. Home inspection is scheduled for tomorrow so I get to find out then if I'm actually going to buy this place.
  • How'd it go?
  • The home inspection was so so. The inspector pointed out cracks in the foundation of the addition that could be very expensive to fix. However, Saturday we had a structural engineer out to look at it and he said that it wasn't anything to worry about so we're moving forward. It had a bunch of little things wrong, but the house is overall in great shape. So I'm just making a handy man fix it list for post closing. Waiting on the appraisal from my bank to see if they think it's worth 250K, then termite inspection, ???, and closing!
  • So exciting!
  • edited November 2014
    My appraisal came in $10K short of the agreed price, now the fun begins. >_>
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Sale price has been officially reduced the $10K. Closing is still on for the 18th.
  • Congratulations :)
  • Holy shit, I'm turning 30 tomorrow and buying a house.
  • edited November 2014
    Yea, I have a baby, two houses and I'm turning 35 next week :-p 1uped :-p

Getting a bit excited yet? just putting the down payment is enough to get most people nervous.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • I was nervous when I wrote that massive cheque to buy that house in Beacon. I handed it over in the driveway.

I was less nervous when I served them notice that I wanted it back.

• Chris and I are getting pretty excited. We're really looking forward to having a kitchen where we can walk around each other.

• Cremlian said:

Yea, I have a baby, two houses and I'm turning 35 next week :-p 1uped :-p

Getting a bit excited yet? just putting the down payment is enough to get most people nervous.

Doing it right. The trick is to always have more houses than kids. #2house1kidclub

• Shit, that means I have to buy another house when I have a second kid.... *might actually be the case*
  • We considered it ourselves, but decided to just have an only child instead.
  • I'm so glad I rent and have no kids.