This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pet Photos

edited November 2007 in Everything Else
Here are our two standard poodles,

Res Ipsa Loquitur

and Res Nova

Comments

• Wow. Now I know what kind of names a lawyer comes up with for his pets.

Here's the only picture of my welsh corgi Ginger I have on this computer:
  • Wow. Now I know what kind of names a lawyer comes up with for his pets.
    We call them "Ipsa" and "Nova" for short. I wanted to call Nova "Black Shuck" and Ipsa "Lenore", but Carole wouldn't let me.
  • imageimage

White one is Nippy (she used to nip at us when we were kids) and black one is Sheila.

Nippy is the family dog (she was -supposed- to be Drew's, but she attached herself to Dad.. and.. she just kinda treated us all alike after Dad passed away). She's going deaf and blind now due to her age. Poor thing. She freaking -hates- being picked up, hates having her paws being touched, hates those antlers, hates everything.

Sheila is mine. She likes to hide under my bed and in my crate and underneath my legs when I sit on the stairs. Real scaredy-cat and incredibly heavy without actually being overweight. Licks pants. Will let you do anything to her; hit her with her own paws, roll her around, play with her ears, poke her nose, move her limbs in comical positions when she sleeps, dress her up.. Anything, as long as she doesn't have to get up and as long as you don't blow air at her.

...I love my dogs. *hugs them both*
  • edited November 2007
    This is, Huney, the hamster that my wife and I used to own. Unfortunatly the cage was a piece of crap and she escaped never to be seen again.
    We then bought Cupcake and a new cage.
    Unfortunately the cage allows for less easy contact with the hamster, so she is not nearly as tame. I could scoop Huney out of the cage anytime and she was fine. Cupcake gets really nervous so I let her beck into her cage right away.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I have the same hamster cage and our Panda hamster spent two years in there until her demise last week. She never broke out of it but that might have had something to do with the six cats that live in our house.
  • Ouch! My aching bandwidth!
  • edited November 2007
    FFS, theres only two of them and they're not even 1meg.
    Egyptian Mau and Border Terrier
    Post edited by Omnutia on
    It's our cat Stinky.

This is Kiko and Byter. Byter is about 15 years old now.

This is Figaro, very skittish since the time my daughter cut off his whiskers.

This Koko, our chubby Siamese.
  • I hate animals. The only pet I could ever own would be a fish, maybe.
  • Newts be good too.
  • You guys are lucky to have pets. I always wanted a pet pig. Preferably a tamworth breed.
  • edited November 2007
    Ouch! My aching bandwidth!
    Sorry. I didn't mean to.
    I hate animals.
    Why? They love you.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • This is Figaro, very skittish since the time my daughter cut off his whiskers.
    POOR CAT! D:
    Sadly I have no digital camera. *grumbles again* Stop mocking me with your crazy digital camera powers!
  • Sail. Rename your dog Missile, NOW.
  • I hate animals. The only pet I could ever own would be a fish, maybe.As far as I'm concerned, cats exist solely to be captioned.
  • edited November 2007
    Here are our two standard poodles,

Res Ipsa Loquitur

and Res Nova
    The "thing that speaks for itself" and the "new thing"? I like your choice of language.

Also, you're killing my internets.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • As far as I'm concerned, cats exist solely to be captioned.
    Where is the alt text!?

And thanks for the translation linkigi, and I agree, huge images != fun loading times. But meh, I has unlimited Dutch bandwidth.
  • Where is the alt text!?
    Don't ask. You don't want to know..
  • Don't ask. You don't want to know..
    >:O Giev me meh alt tekzt! Lolcats are teh fun and lolzorz, where are teh lolzorz alt tekzt!? <3 Lolcats and XKCD.
  • Don't ask. You don't want to know..
    >:O Giev me meh alt tekzt! Lolcats are teh fun and lolzorz, where are teh lolzorz alt tekzt!? <3 Lolcats and XKCD.</p>
    Translation for the Lulz impaired:

*angry face*
    Give me my alt text please. Lol cats are really funny. Where is the hilarious alt text? I love Lol cats and XKCD.

I don't know why I felt like doing that. LOL.
  • edited November 2007
    Sail,

I'm jealous you have a Corgi. Ever since Cowboy Bebop, I've always wanted one. Yes, I would also be beyond geeky and name him "Ein". I just love dogs with tiny, short, stubby legs.

Alas, it's not feasible for me to have a dog now. I've always been a dog person and never really cared for cats, however, my boyfriend is a cat lover. So I became acquainted with his cats, and I've grown to like them, for now.

This is Jo. He's awesome because I get to mess with him, and he doesn't get fussy.

This is Cole. He's a finicky bastard, But he can be cute, at times.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • More Cats!

This is Epic. He's an asshole. But we keep him around cause he's cute.
    HPIM1974

And this is Quest. We love him to death. He's calm and very friendly.
    HPIM1948
  • Carole won't let me have a black cat because she is superstitious to the Sicilian power.
  • I am allergic to dogs. My wife is allergic to hamsters. She wont say it but i think she is secretly very happy our hamster died last week.
  • @HMTKSteve - Daw.. *hugs* Poor hamster. Though, it's better than some people.. Some get -tired- of their pets and just put them to sleep. >>;

@Ametto - PLEASE let me not be the only one who sees Epic Quest! You are teh geek. Lemme guess.. you love RPGs. XD
    Wait. So, you're saying that you don't like any pets?

What about puppies?

Tell me you at least like puppies.
    Wait. So, you're saying that you don't like any pets?

What about puppies?

I'm with WiP. Fish is where it's at.
  • Wait. So, you're saying that you don't like any pets?

What about puppies?

They will grow up eventually. Pets stink, ruin objects, consume time and resources, and most of all, they jump all over you and annoy you (Dogs/cats specifically).
  • Wait. So, you're saying that you don't like any pets?

What about puppies?

They will grow up eventually. Pets stink, ruin objects, consume time and resources, and most of all, they jump all over you and annoy you (Dogs/cats specifically).
    Get the hell off my internets planet.