This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Basesball

There has been more discussion of this sport lately, and there is no thread for it than I can find. So here it is.

Mets are still tied for first in all of MLB, and alone in first place in the NL. But they just lost two in a row. I guess that time when everyone's "gotta believe" may once again be coming to a close.

Comments

• edited April 2015
    Poop on baseball. Hand Egg forever! Draft tomorrow!

Go Hawks! (Even though Seattle doesn't have a first round pick, but it's totally ok why they don't!)

/troll

Something-something-Mariners.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Rochelle said:

Are you drunk again or are you shitting on what other people like just because it's in your nature?
  • Apreche said:

There has been more discussion of this sport lately, and there is no thread for it than I can find. So here it is.

Mets are still tied for first in all of MLB, and alone in first place in the NL. But they just lost two in a row. I guess that time when everyone's "gotta believe" may once again be coming to a close.

Eh, the pitching has still been very strong, and their recent losses have really come down to some very sloppy defensive play, and a few 400-foot fly balls being unfortunately hit to the deepest part of the park and being caught at the wall.

There were many moments in their big win streak that were equally lucky breaks, so it all balances out. They just need to play 0.500 baseball for a while to stay in contention. They remain fully capable of letting us all down in September, but Mets will be relevant all summer long.

• Too much believing going on in here.
  • edited April 2015
    Remember to grab your prescription.

Post edited by Coldguy on

• What convenient timing.
  • The best part of that game was you could hear the rapid fire camera shutters from the sports photographers.
  • sK0pe said:

Rochelle said:

Are you drunk again or are you shitting on what other people like just because it's in your nature?
    I see what you did there.
  • Today's Headline: "Mets no longer bold and confident, they look and sound desperate"

Well that was quick.
  • Oh hey, a Washingon DC team beat the shit out of a NYC team? No surprises there.
  • Dammit Mariners Leone throws a garbage ass pitch to Altouve who easily has the best RBI for the Astros. Gets a final run in the 10th.

Why.
  • Mariners game went to shit real fast.
  • Taking my lady out to see the Mets on Friday, and the recent Dillon Gee injury has him replaced with Bartolo Colon for this game. Since Bartolo Colon is the fucking man, I am 100% down with this. We have good seats so we're gonna do it up big and get dinner in the fancy glass restaurant in left field (Acela Club)
  • Nothing like sliding into the playoffs on a losing streak. The bats are quiet, DeGrom and Syndergaard look tired, but here's to hoping that everyone snaps into place when the pressure of an NLDS game is on.

Was really hoping they'd push for homefield advantage. Dodgers leaving it wide open for them. You can bet your ass I'll be in Queens for that first game.
  • edited September 2015
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited September 2015
    imageGonna be the coolest kid in school.
    Post edited by Matt on
  • NLDS tickets acquired.
  • Lets go Mets!
  • I mostly want to see the Cubs win so that Back to the Future becomes Back to the Real Future.
  • MATATAT said:

I mostly want to see the Cubs win so that Back to the Future becomes Back to the Real Future.

I don't necessarily hate the Cubs. I would get some pleasure of seeing some a miracle happen. Obviously I don't want them to win, because Mets. But also I don't want them to win because then we can't talk about a curse anymore. Look what happened with the Red Sox. There used to be the Babe Ruth curse. Then they won, and now that entire legend is dead. Nobody gives a shit anymore.

It's better to keep the legend alive and keep losing.

Getting close, is great, though. The closer you get to winning without actually winning just helps to boost the legend.
  • I went to game 3 of the NLDS and it was... insane. I don't think I'll be back though. Standing room tickets are $260 and up at this point, for the rest of the season. Only way I'll be back is if they make the World Series and I actually get selected in the official ticket lottery.
  • Matt said:

I went to game 3 of the NLDS and it was... insane. I don't think I'll be back though. Standing room tickets are $260 and up at this point, for the rest of the season. Only way I'll be back is if they make the World Series and I actually get selected in the official ticket lottery.

I might pay real money. I know all too well that this kind of opportunity doesn't come often.
  • Apreche said:

Getting close, is great, though. The closer you get to winning without actually winning just helps to boost the legend.

Cf. Bartman
  • The Mets are going to win the World Series.

• Don't do this to me Cubs. This was your year! So it was foretold in the holy Grays Sports Almanac