This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX Prime 2015

Comments

• E-mailing the boss to see if I can get them to pay for a dev pass...
  • I'll be at Dev.
  • All this happened yesterday.
  • edited April 2015
    So, some dinky website called Travelocity had the cheapest price for a close-by hotel, and so I booked through them. Turns out, they charge you immediately for the full amount when you book, rather than the regular (is this a real credit card) thing and charging you when you check out. That kinda caught me by surprise. Guess I won't be buying a new bed this month.

EDIT: I didn't try to wait and go through the PAX hotel link because in the past five years I have never been able to grab a room before they sell out, so I may as well book at the regular rate now and negotiate with the hotel if I want to be cheap (which, by the by, works about 60% of the time).
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • Someone on Something Awful made a parody PAX schedule.

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/pax-2015-panels/1/
  • What Makes A Game A Game? Is totally a GeekNights Panel.
  • Anthony and I will both be at Dev and Prime this year. I may never recover from such a week.
  • This is the biggest PAX week ever. PAX Dev, then Prime, which is already SIX DAYS OF PAX.

Then, I fly to Portland to lecture on game design at CHIFOO.
  • All I need is a hotel room. All other preparations have been made. Anyone down to share a room with my lady and I?
  • IT IS ON

I AM IN THE QUEUE
  • OH god. 5 mins late! Need a hotel!
  • edited May 2015
    Got 2 passes for each day. For some reason it wouldn't let me get more than that. Still, it seemed to be a lot quicker through the queue this year than previous ones.
    Post edited by theknoxinator on
  • I got in really late.
  • Saturday is sold out. Very hard to get a hotel room.
  • I managed to nab two sets of day passes. May sell one or both of them depending on which friends I have coming and whether I Enforce.
  • I got 3 passes for each day. The hotel wait begins. 1242 ahead of me. -_-
  • Well I got one Friday badge (actually a coworker bought one for me). I might be interested in buying a Saturday badge if someone doesn't need theirs since I just realized it's on a different weekend than Bumbershoot this year.
  • I'm in the Olive 8 all week (Dev/Prime). We're not too far from the first year I am not fast enough to get a room.
  • I recall rumor was that board gaming was going to be there instead of Motif/Red Lion.
  • So, from queue open to sold out (or nearly sold out) is 30 minutes? Damn.
  • muppet said:

So, from queue open to sold out (or nearly sold out) is 30 minutes? Damn.

52 minutes.
  • I have Friday/Saturday/Monday badges. I'll wrangle up a Sunday badge, or I could volunteer at Games on Demand.
  • I managed to nab two sets of day passes. May sell one or both of them depending on which friends I have coming and whether I Enforce.

If you do sell at least one set outside your friend group, I would be very interested. All I managed to get was a Monday badge (hopefully I can resell to someone looking to complete a set later on).
  • One of my sets is spoken for; I'll sell the other one if/when I'm sure that I'll be Enforcing.
  • And hotel rooms.

(⌒▽⌒)
  • Rym said:

Then, I fly to Portland to lecture on game design at CHIFOO.

Want any restaurant recommendations?

Also, if you're flying out in the afternoon from Portland, the DE security checkpoint is usually quicker than ABC. That said, wait times for both are almost always under 15 minutes, even during busy times.