This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Thursday - Nuts

Tonight on GeekNights, we talk about nuts. In the news, Amtrak's horrific and deadly accident, easily prevented by basic technology denied funding by the US Republican party, is one of the worst train disasters in modern American history. Mother Fucking Wegmans is coming to New York, making this place even more perfect. Jem and the Holograms is getting the saddest and most inexplicable reboot imaginable, evoking memories of a dark age.

Download MP3
Source Link

Comments

• Was hoping for "Nuts!" Am disappoint.
  • Yeah I thought that was what it was gonna be.
  • And here I was figuring out how they're going to get an 45min of content out of testicles.
  • That was my second guess.
  • A+ premium thing of the day.
  • So do you guys call it trail mix or gorp?
  • Brian Swords of York has a profile on Amazon.com. No way of knowing if it is real.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A13Z4PCC3R6ORS/ref=cm_rp_lm_list_profile
  • Apreche said:

Brian Swords of York has a profile on Amazon.com. No way of knowing if it is real.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A13Z4PCC3R6ORS/ref=cm_rp_lm_list_profile

Looking at the wishlist, he is a brony
  • Deez Nuts?
  • I love the Amtrak. I took it down to San Diego and it was just great. I really want it to be funded more.
  • Shall we be expecting a class action lawsuit against Amtrak after this incident? (bankruptcy on the horizon?)
  • If we sue anyone, it should be the Republican Party for putting Amtrak in this position.

Amtrak is subsidized in 90% of the country by the fares paid between New York, Boston, Philadelphia, and DC. It should be subsidized by taxes, or it should be able to drop most of its routes outside of the two coasts.
  • edited May 2015
    Post edited by Dazzle369 on
  • Are there any crazies that would dispute the pistachio as the nut supreme?
  • Pea, Hazel, Wal, Brazil, Chest, Cashew and Pistachio are all great. Specially in spreadable form.

Peanut butter and Nutella sandwich

Roasted Chestnuts

Pistachio baklava

otherwise any nut plain, in vast amounts
  • Yes but obviously king pistachio reigns supreme
  • How has macadamia not even been mentioned?
  • Or pecans (even though you probably say it wrong).
  • Peh-cans or peh-cahns?
  • Depends on if it's the nut, the tree, or the pie. Nut is p'cahn, tree is pee-CAHN, pie is PEE-cahn.
  • Pistachios are expensive because Iran is the main producer, and the USA has sanctions against Iran. In Europe they aren't expensive, but it has to do with politics, not distance from production.
  • They talk about pee-cans on the show.

*waits for the obviously set up "People listen to the show?" remarks*
  • edited May 2015
    I usually listen to it when I play Civ, but since I've been working on a marathon game for the past...while, I've just been reading books until it gets to something I have to deal with.

You northerners forgot to mention the best kind of peanuts: boiled. One of the only thing I really miss about the US is the stands on the side of the road with several giant tubs of different flavored boiled peanuts. The only place I can get green peanuts to boil them myself here only sells them shelled, and those suck.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • Pistachios are expensive because Iran is the main producer, and the USA has sanctions against Iran. In Europe they aren't expensive, but it has to do with politics, not distance from production.

The more you know.
  • But, the US is the #2 producer, and we have much more efficient farm yields for them. Unless we're exporting a ton of our pistachios, the prices here seem unreasonably high.
  • Apreche said:

Pistachios are expensive because Iran is the main producer, and the USA has sanctions against Iran. In Europe they aren't expensive, but it has to do with politics, not distance from production.

The more you know.
    Yet more reasons to half peace in the middle east. Mu fuqn 'stachios

• Dazzle369 said:

Apreche said:

Pistachios are expensive because Iran is the main producer, and the USA has sanctions against Iran. In Europe they aren't expensive, but it has to do with politics, not distance from production.

The more you know.
    Yet more reasons to half peace in the middle east. Mu fuqn 'stachios

I think we've already half peaced enough over there, time for a full peace.
  • Rym said:

we have much more efficient farm yields for them

Maybe there's a universal constant pistachio-tastiness-per-acre. Our tastiness gets spread over too many nuts (fruits).
  • Starfox said:

Our tastiness gets spread over too many nuts

/r/nocontext