This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Forum Flea Market

Comments

• edited August 2014
    I was gonna say I'm pretty sure I still see Poo at Card Kingdom when I drop by. Games like Dungeon Roll work pretty well for when I play board games because the environment is usually very social with some drinking involved so games that don't require concentration and strategy tend to work well so people can make in the moment decisions.

Maybe why gambling and drinking go so well together.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Hmm, Fury of Dracula is out of print. I don't think I'll play it very often in the future, but I kinda want to keep it. Dracula's hidden movement is still a truly unique and amazing mechanic, even if the rock/paper/scissors part of the game is garbage.
  • Apreche said:

Hmm, Fury of Dracula is out of print. I don't think I'll play it very often in the future, but I kinda want to keep it. Dracula's hidden movement is still a truly unique and amazing mechanic, even if the rock/paper/scissors part of the game is garbage.

You know. Someone could make a Carmen Sandiego board game where one player is Carmen and the others have to find her. You could keep the hidden movement almost entirely intact and just change the rest of the mechanics and the theme.
  • I have "We didn't playtest this at all", but my copy is showing its age and use. How much for the three pack?

• I have "We didn't playtest this at all", but my copy is showing its age and use. How much for the three pack?

They seem to be between $10 and $15 each on Amazon. With friend discount, how about $25 plus shipping?
  • Apreche said:

Hmm, Fury of Dracula is out of print. I don't think I'll play it very often in the future, but I kinda want to keep it. Dracula's hidden movement is still a truly unique and amazing mechanic, even if the rock/paper/scissors part of the game is garbage.

Yeah, there has been so much game reprinting activity in the past 5 years. Lots of classics came back for new editions. Fury of Dracula is coming up on 10 years since last printing to so you're looking at $100+.

There must be something about horror fans. Betrayal at House on the Hill constantly goes over $100 in-between printings, even when WotC's latest version has shit components compared to the original. I doubt it would have been reprinted had it not gotten a TableTop episode where they players drooled over it, pushing the value closer to $200.

• Has it really been 10 years since Fury of Dracula? We did an episode on it in 2006, and we definitely played it in Beacon, not RIT. That's only 8 years.
  • I'm pretty sure it came out in 2005, so "coming up on 10 years" sounds about right to me.
  • I like to have some of the easier games, like Dungeon Roll around for when people who aren't into hard games are around. It's easy to teach and plays quickly. As I said before, I'll look around and see what I want to get rid of. I have some very old Dungeons and Dragons books among other things.
  • You should get rid of your your CCGs that are no longer being played or discontinued because they suck. Seriously.

;^)
  • Significant others always the ones that want you to cut down your collection :-p Even the super cool ones :-p
  • Who is going to buy a bunch of out of print CCG's? Like I said before, I am planning on getting a storage unit for them. Besides, they don't take up any floor space. Also, several of them don't suck, they were either abandoned by their parent company (WoW TCG) or just couldn't compete with the TCG giants, but were still competent games.
    @Cremlian, I sent you a message regarding the Marvel Legendary game.
  • Save money. Donate. I need more space for my yarn. I'm thinking of taking that bin full of all my crap from middle to high school and throwing away most of it except pictures.
  • Have you made a yarn Yoshi yet?
  • No. I'm just giving Jeremy shit. He's a pack rat. I actually use the yarn I have.

Yoshi amigurumi sounds like fun. I'm making clothes for me right now.
  • Scott, how much for Guillotine?
  • Ikatono said:

Scott, how much for Guillotine?

Like $5?
  • Any Final Fantasy nerds want a Final Fantasy Master Arms Series 1 Seifer Almasy's Gunblade? My cousin gave it to me a few years back. Still in box never been opened. Even if you aren't into FF. It might make for a cool weapon for Anime figurine collectors or Mech collectors.
  • Okay, here is a list of some of the stuff I want to get rid of. Pick up at PAX is preferred, but if you are willing to pay shipping, I can mail them out. Prices can be discussed in messages, I did some research on some of them, but I am flexible. As far as the board games go, if no one has expressed interest in them by Saturday, Aug. 23rd, around 11 a.m. PST, I plan on taking them up to a local game store to get store credit for them.
    **Board games:
    Descent: Journeys in the dark. (original edition) - Complete
    Penny Arcade Gamer's vs. Evil Deck building game, with Rumble in Ryl'eh expansion, and promo - Complete
    Food Fight - Compete (I think I have some promo cards somewhere as well)
    Marvel Legendary Deck Building game with Dark City, Spider-Man and Fantastic Four expansions - Complete
    Poo the card game - Complete
    Nuts! the card game - Complete
    Kittens in a Blender, original print run - complete

**Manga
    Peace Maker vol 1-5
    Ghost Talker's Daydream vol 1-5
    Soul Eater vol 1-5
    World of Warcraft Legends vol 1,2, Death Knight, Shaman
    World of Warcraft Sunwell Trilogy

**Graphic Novels
    Robin - Unmasked
    The Omac Project (justice league)
    Teen Titans: A Kid's Game vol 1

I also have some RPG books (including several old D&D books that I will post later on tonight.
  • I wouldn't mind keeping Poo. I prefer it over Nuts! and the game that shall not be named.
  • Oh, okay, then Poo can stay.

**RPG Books for the Flea Market:
    D&D books:
    Essentials - Dungeon Tiles Master Set: The Dungeon. - Opened but not played with.
    D&D adventure game (year 2000) sealed

The following have been used, and some are in better condition than others.
    Basic rules set 1 books only, no dice
    AD&D Forgotten Realms - Running the Realms
    AD&D Grey Hawk Slavers
    AD&D DM guide (year 1979)
    AD&D Player's handbook (year 1996) -Some water damage upper left side
    AD&D Monster Manual. Not sure of the year, but it seems fairly old. - Loose Binding

Doctor Who RPG Game Op Manual
    Lords of Middle Earth RPG Vol 3
    Legend of the Five Rings RPG Game Master's Pack. (comes with GM screen and a manual

Graphic Novel:
    Girl Genius book 1
  • I have some codes for Steam games, that I would be willing to trade for or if I like you give for free

Galactic Civilizations II: Utimate Edition
    Terraria
    Beatbuddy: tale of the Guardians
    Arcania
    Risen
    Stacking
    Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition
    Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete
    Sid Meier's Railroads!
    Monaco: What's Your is Mine
    Electronic Super Joy
    Skulls of the Shoguns
    Legend of Grimrock
    Orcs Must Die 2.
  • Cremlian said:

I have some codes for Steam games, that I would be willing to trade for or if I like you give for free

Legend of Grimrock

Wouldn't mind this one but I only have a Bioshock gift and (like everybody else) a few Half Life 2 Gifts.
  • I have a HERO3+ Black Edition that I won in a contest. Still in box.
    I'm willing to sell it to someone here for $300.

If you live near NYC I'm willing to meet in Manhattan to exchange in person. Gives me an excuse to go into the city which I don't do enough.
  • 2bfree said:

I have a HERO3+ Black Edition that I won in a contest. Still in box.
    I'm willing to sell it to someone here for $300.

If you live near NYC I'm willing to meet in Manhattan to exchange in person. Gives me an excuse to go into the city which I don't do enough.

Do want, but not a lot of moneys right now. Gotta buy an iPhone now and a new bike after the winter.
  • Its a Coldguy Special moving the fuck out sale items are listed for best offer:

AVGN DVDs volumes 1-6 plus extra bonuses
    TGWTG DVDs 1-4 plus unreleased documentary
    A big bag of computer security books

Will post more as I find items.
  • So in another thread I mentioned to Churba a deal for getting two games if you buy a eligible graphics card. So I bought a GTX 970. As such I don't need my 770 anymore and it's still a pretty good card. I saw some people getting around ~+$200 + S&H for used ones on eBay so if anyone is interested I'll sell it for $200 flat. If not within the next week or so I'll just sell it on eBay, but I'd rather sell it to someone not so random. Used prices on Amazon are also about $220.
  • I finally got around to sorting out my bookshelves. I made a spreadsheet of all the comics I'm looking to get out of my apartment. The instructions are on the sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/172PPMyIeAJcLeAVJtGW7kq8oclPR8utMTuUCmQYAYyw/edit?usp=sharing
  • I will definitely take the Darkwing Duck comics if no one else has claimed them.
  • edited May 2015
    Is Mega Man Tribute just an art book or is it actually a comic?

Also depending how much you want I might take the Deathnote off your hands. I had them all at one point and read them but I think I sold them in college because I wanted the monies. I've been thinking about reading through it again though recently.

I was considering just buying them on Kindle since way less space but they're kinda expensive that way as well
    Post edited by MATATAT on