This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Mobile Games

Comments

• I will beat your crossy road score. Make me a friend on gamecenter.
  • We are. I'm RosakaM. High score: 95. Your tweet got me to play.
  • Rochelle said:

Crossy Road. I must get the best score of my iOS friends. It's silly, but challenging enough.

Isn't that just... Frogger?
  • Yeah. Never played Frogger.
  • Rochelle said:

Yeah. Never played Frogger.

• Frogger is one of my favorite old time arcade games. When I heard that someone had made an infinite Frogger clone, I got giddy. Gonna have to play this, as this thread reminded me.
  • I love that all your game center friends' scores are part of the terrain. As in, when you beat someone's high score you literally jump over their name. It's very satisfying.
  • I love that all your game center friends' scores are part of the terrain. As in, when you beat someone's high score you literally jump over their name. It's very satisfying.

That might get me to play this.
  • Despite there being about a zillion iOS game out there, there are very few for me to play. I need them to be offline games with no microtransaction bullshit, and I need them to be worth playing. Right now it's just Neuroshima Hex, and Threes. I might just give up on iOS games and use my 3DS on the subway.
  • Have you tried Hoplite? Roguelike strategy game? It's pretty solid.
  • Hitman Go is a really good game. I haven't played much of it because I usually don't make time to play iOS games and usually don't find spare time to play them anyway. But it's still good.
  • I recommended Hitman Go a while ago. It's still good and I think they just added new levels recently
  • Oh right, I forgot about Hitman Go. Will also try Hoplite.
  • On iPad, I just play FTL nonstop.
  • okeefe said:

On iPad, I just play FTL nonstop.

I would, but I don't want to pay for FTL twice. As someone who Kickstarted it, I feel I should have it on iPad for no extra moneys.
  • I can second the Hitman Go recommendation. It is a fun little puzzle game. Although not incredibly challenging, it at least got the wheels turning a little bit. It's Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker with more death.

I have declared Threes bullshit and deleted it. Due to the uncertainty of what will pop out of a "?" square, the game becomes increasingly random as you get deeper into it. I don't have time to go 20 minutes into a high score run and then get screwed.
  • Thumbs up on Hoplite so far.
  • Surprised nobody mentioned Neko Atsume yet, I know some of you are playing with it.

Share your current patio.
  • Is this basically just an even more cute candy box?
  • Does not Commute is a strategic driving game with time-travel-ish elements. Every car on the road is an earlier version of your driving. It's free but with a one-time payment to unlock checkpoints (otherwise you start from the beginning every game).

• Apreche said:

Is this basically just an even more cute candy box?

Pretty much. I forgot to mention, the game is in Japanese, but it's easy to figure out.
  • Neko Atsume top tips: you can double your cat gathering space by buying にわさき拡張 (the expensive one on the last page) and you can get some free fishes by opening the menu, pressing news, tapping the sign at the top and entering the word on it (easier for some than others).
  • http://gematsu.com/2015/08/square-enix-announces-pax-prime-2015-plans

Looks like Square is making a follow-up to Hitman Go.

Lara Croft Go.

I'll play the demo at PAX to see how it is.
  • Apreche said:

http://gematsu.com/2015/08/square-enix-announces-pax-prime-2015-plans

Looks like Square is making a follow-up to Hitman Go.

Lara Croft Go.

I'll play the demo at PAX to see how it is.

Old news. They announced that in E3, if I remember correctly.

• edited August 2015
    Vektor: The Courier is a great little endless runner game that takes inspiration from Akira and has an awesome aesthetic and soundtrack.

Youtube link

Oh, and the game is free, with no micro transactions at all.
    Post edited by jabrams007 on
  • edited October 2015
    Apreche said:

Despite there being about a zillion iOS game out there, there are very few for me to play. I need them to be offline games with no microtransaction bullshit, and I need them to be worth playing. Right now it's just Neuroshima Hex, and Threes. I might just give up on iOS games and use my 3DS on the subway.

So I now find myself in this position. I mean, I still have and regularly play Neuroshima Hex, but I can only do that so many times. Like, 2 hours a day is kind of a lot for that game. I'd like to mix it up with something else.

Everyone's hot about Subterfuge right now, but I'm looking for an offline strategy game that is engaging. Any suggestions anyone? I'm willing to accept something slightly less good than NHex if it's sufficiently new and shiny; otherwise, NHex level or go home.

Android, not iOS.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Advance Wars on an emulator on your Android.

That's the best Android strategy game ever made...
  • Its a longshot, but now that Nintendo is actually going to make android games that could actually happen. I mean it'll probably just be Pokemon and Mario endless runners but one can dream.
  • I like Pokemon Shuffle but I'm about ready to just delete it. The boss battles in that game are fucking ridiculous. Almost impossible to beat without grinding out coins or just giving in to the microtransactions.
  • It's my dream to one day play a legit, real, Pokémon game on iOS, preferably starting with the 4-color Game Boy version.

Gaming-wise, I just play FTL on my iPad.