This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Ideas

Lately I've been having a lot of random ideas for things, mostly things I just thought were funny. So I figure I'd make a thread for other people to post their random ideas.

First idea:

Skinny jean overalls.

Comments

• Going to the Gathering of the Juggalo's dressed as an authentic circus clown.
  • This one is sort of old. A midget Hulk who, when hulking out, turns in to a regular sized man.
  • The last one that I had somewhat recently was laser tag terrorists.
  • MATATAT said:

The last one that I had somewhat recently was laser tag terrorists.

What? Like, people are having fun in a laser tag arena then some guys burst in with laser m16s and AK47s and take hostages?
  • edited June 2015

MATATAT said:

The last one that I had somewhat recently was laser tag terrorists.

What? Like, people are having fun in a laser tag arena then some guys burst in with laser m16s and AK47s and take hostages?
    No real guns involved. But it could be guys bursting in and taking hostages.

EDIT: Oh I misread your post. I thought you were saying people come in with real guns, missed the laser part.

Yes basically what you described, although it could just be two teams against each other. Like two teams start off all friendly, then it just turns into really intense terrorist scenario but with laser guns.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Laser bomb threat?
  • We have - or had, last I checked - something like that here called Laser Skirmish. It was built to be paintball, but with somewhat realistic laser weapons, and they often did scenarios like that.
  • You know, they make these lasers that are in the shape of a bullet. You put them in the barrel of the gun but instead of using it to sight the gun its supposed to be for practice. They make little targets that light up where you hit, and fake tin cans that fall over. Something like that could be fun as a "realistic" laser tag if there were compatible chest rigs or whatever you call the targets you wear.
  • I've played Counter Terrorists vs Terrorists in paint ball before.
    I prefer paint ball personally
  • The place is rigged with... Laser c4?
  • I always though a good use for something like Glass or something like that would be to have a better way for farmers to keep track of their stock. So each animal had a tag which when engaged would give a pop up of their medical history, number, bread all that sort of stuff.

Also, and no one can steal this one it is shit hot gold. Nostril cleaning rods. Specifically one that would be a circle which would break in half when inserted up in the nose but would fan out coming down, pulling all the crap out.
  • That sounds terrifying.
  • Its brilliant, think how many times you get a load of gunk up your nose and there is no way of getting it out. Use the nose brush and your as good as done, you could even have a little bristle one to scratch for you. Have a snotty nose a small pump could drain it all off for you.

I have thought about this to much I think.
  • The goodwill near my house always dresses the mannequins really nice. I might start a mannequin fashion tumblr or something.
  • Amp said:

I always though a good use for something like Glass or something like that would be to have a better way for farmers to keep track of their stock. So each animal had a tag which when engaged would give a pop up of their medical history, number, bread all that sort of stuff.

Also, and no one can steal this one it is shit hot gold. Nostril cleaning rods. Specifically one that would be a circle which would break in half when inserted up in the nose but would fan out coming down, pulling all the crap out.

The tag reader would be trivial in countries which value their livestock. That kind of data is kept or it can be kept by huge dairies in the EU. Cow tags get scanned as they walk into a huge rotary dairy and any pertinent information is kept in a database. Adding information is trivial however getting the interaction with Glass is something that needs to be figured out.
  • The other issue is how to make it so your old boy in the field can use it.
  • A long range sniper rifle round that's just a timed release shotgun shell or maybe some shot in a sabot. Part of me just likes it because it could be a gun that shoots a gun.
  • edited June 2015
    Me and a buddy were spitballing ideas for funny things to do for phone sex calls. He was telling me about how him and some people he knew were able to get like 4 free 10 minute calls and just made all of them end pretty funny.

We came up with slowly leading it towards a dungeon crawling adventure or just subverting the person on the other side of the line by pretending there's a third person involved. Also turning it into a fake prostitution sting.

[5:10:55 PM] John MC: Ian was like , I knock you don't answer
    [5:11:16 PM] John MC: Her - " uhhhh the door opens and I am laying on my bed "
    [5:11:41 PM] John MC: Ian "I come in the room, not sure what is happening"
    [5:11:50 PM] John MC: Her " I take off my nightie"
    [5:12:05 PM] John MC: Ian "I prematurely ejaculate onto your dresser"
    [5:12:25 PM] John MC: And he did this to a few different ones just being super weird then as soon as it got sexual said he prematurely ejaculated
    [5:12:41 PM] John MC: And they were just like "uhhhh what? Should I keep going?"
    [5:12:42 PM] Matt Macdonald: you slide my pants off
    [5:12:54 PM] Matt Macdonald: I'm wearing a highly elaborate chastity belt
    [5:13:04 PM] Matt Macdonald: girl - "I unlock the belt"
    [5:13:06 PM] Matt Macdonald: nope
    [5:13:13 PM] Matt Macdonald: the belt asks you three riddles
    [5:13:36 PM] John MC: Hahahahaha
    [5:14:11 PM] John MC: Holy shit! Part of me really wants to do this again and part of me feels like I am too old for this
    [5:14:21 PM] Matt Macdonald: gets the first one wrong
    [5:14:28 PM] Matt Macdonald: you fall through a trap door
    [5:14:37 PM] John MC: Highly elaborate chastity belt hahahahah
    [5:14:38 PM] Matt Macdonald: just start describing like a dungeons and dragons scenario
    [5:14:41 PM] Matt Macdonald: its damn
    [5:14:43 PM] Matt Macdonald: damp
    [5:14:53 PM] Matt Macdonald: you make out the outline of three goblins
    [5:15:10 PM] Matt Macdonald: one has the sword stolen from your camp
    [5:15:23 PM] Matt Macdonald: exits are north and south
    [5:15:26 PM] John MC: Hahahahah
    [5:15:26 PM] Matt Macdonald: what do oyu do?
    [5:15:52 PM] Matt Macdonald: i go south
    [5:15:57 PM] Matt Macdonald: your footing slips
    [5:16:05 PM] Matt Macdonald: you fall into a pit of jagged spikes
    [5:16:08 PM] Matt Macdonald: you die

[5:23:01 PM] Matt Macdonald: or just
    [5:23:07 PM] Matt Macdonald: start directing it away from her
    [5:23:18 PM] Matt Macdonald: I let you come in
    [5:23:26 PM] Matt Macdonald: I notice next to you a much hotter girl
    [5:23:36 PM] Matt Macdonald: I push you aside and start making out with her

[5:26:20 PM] John MC: I give you money for sex
    [5:26:22 PM] John MC: You agree
    [5:26:41 PM] John MC: Swat team comes through the window
    [5:26:45 PM] John MC: You're busted
    [5:26:48 PM] Matt Macdonald: hahaha
    [5:26:51 PM] John MC: Take you down to the precinct
    [5:26:59 PM] John MC: Finger print you
    [5:27:10 PM] John MC: 5-10 years
    [5:27:14 PM] John MC: No chance of parole

Post edited by MATATAT on
  • You could try to run a PARSLY game on the line.
    "What're you wear--"
    "WELCOME TO ACTION CASTLE"
  • I had to write 30 random ideas for my Entrepreneurship class. I still have that file if anyone wants to throw money at me to do one.
  • My money-making scheme:
    step 1: get people on the internet to give me money

[insert kickstarter joke here]
  • A series of reacting videos about watching kids/teens react videos. Kick off the series with kids and teens from 3rd world countries watching react videos of teens and kids from the US. Then have the kids in the US react videos watch the react videos of kids from the 3rd world country reacting to watching their videos.
  • edited July 2015
    GeekNights Presents: How to Win Drinking Games
    Post edited by Alaric728 on
  • Alaric728 said:

• Apreche said:

Alaric728 said:

That, or cheat.

What kind of drinking game even? Most every drinking game on earth is either stupid or not actually an orthogame.

• Best drinking games are in China when you play a guy named Dragon and you make Dragon drink lots of Jaegerbombs when he loses and then making him do handstands in the bar. Trust me.
  • MATATAT said:
    This was so funny, I recently have been rewatching and catching up to It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, I watched the episode a few days ago.
  • A game where you need to find old school password codes to progress to different parts of the game. It wouldn't really necessarily be a new mechanic but if you tied it into the narrative it might be cool.
  • Has anyone made a VS Tetris where both players get the same blocks? Seems like a good idea to me.