This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX Prime 2015

Comments

• The Portland airport the handful of times I've been there is depressingly empty.
  • That was an interesting read. It mirrors almost everything that's been said on the forum on the topic at some point. But kinda neat to hear it from the horse's mouth.
  • Change #3: Lastly we will be doing away with 4-Day badges. When looking over the data, we saw that people were buying 4-Day badges and not using them for the full four days. By switching everything over to single days, we can help ensure that every sold badge actually gets used. Since the show isn’t falling on Labor Day, it would have made the “not using the Monday part of their 4-Day badge” situation even more pronounced.

I have been waiting for them to do this.
  • Change #3 was announced a long time ago. Changes 1 and 2 are the actual news.
  • Yeah those are great changes. The line room was a huge waste of space 90% of the time. I'm glad they removed 4 day badges too.
  • The big question is whether they will be doing this at other PAXes (I hope so)
  • Matt said:

The big question is whether they will be doing this at other PAXes (I hope so)

I can't imagine they wouldn't.
  • There are rumblings of East going to four days. If the hotel situation remains so fucked, the only way to make it more accessible is to have more days.
  • edited June 2015
    Apreche said:

Matt said:

The big question is whether they will be doing this at other PAXes (I hope so)

I can't imagine they wouldn't.
    For some reason I feel like they'd be more reluctant to give up the queue space at East or South, where the convention centers are just so much larger. Ideally, they should have a facilities team primed and ready to go to convert queue into tabletop freeplay the moment the lines die down.

Post edited by Matt on
  • East has more space than it has attendees. It is limited by fire code (which has been raised over the years) and hotel space.
  • Two questions:

1) Liklihood of theirs day shenanigans? My lady and I are faced with a $70 difference in fares for a 3pm arrival v a 730 arrival.

2) Games we should be flint with as to maximize PAX time?
  • Apparently they put up some reclaimed badges. I got a Saturday one, now going on Fri/Sat.
  • I was able to get a Sunday one for a friend.
  • Submitted my info to be entered for Omegathon selection.
  • Rochelle said:

Submitted my info to be entered for Omegathon selection.

Me toooo.
  • Anyone who is selected needs to practice the following games:

Geometry Wars
    Mario Kart (8 more than likely)
    Jenga

There are probably a few others that have been reoccurring in the last few Omegathons, but those are the only ones I can recall.
  • edited July 2015
    I've seen Bananagrams a lot recently. I wouldn't be surprised if they pull this thing out of their back pocket.

Post edited by Apreche on
  • I'm going to be Enforcing at PAX Prime, which means I have a spare set of badges (and one extra Monday badge as well). Does anybody still need badges?
  • Me please!
  • AAAAaaaaand they're gone.
  • Well, I still have the spare Monday pass, if anyone wants it.
  • Our panels were accepted, so now I've got a full set of 1-day passes to sell to someone who needs them.
  • Emily and I have two sets of four for Prime. We bought them through PAX Dev just in case (can't risk missing a PAX), and Emily is sitting on one of the panels (along with Luke Crane, Catt Small, and more).
  • I need one set.
  • Andrew said:

I need one set.

You are taking mine, This way I'm all set and Rym still has to hassle to get rid of his.
  • Apreche said:

Andrew said:

I need one set.

You are taking mine, This way I'm all set and Rym still has to hassle to get rid of his.
    I'll give you one set for $5 less than Scott.
  • edited July 2015
    Rym said:

Apreche said:

Andrew said:

I need one set.

I'll give you one set for $5 less than Scott.
    He is getting paid the big Facebook/Oculus money. Don't give him the discount. He can afford it. If this is Iron Monkey, he's the brothel owner, not the homeless guy.
    Post edited by Apreche on