This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Is That a Switch Ax in Your Pocket?

edited July 2015 in Video Games
Hunters unite! This thread is for coordinating hunts on Monster Hunter, whether it be Tri, 4U, or the upcoming Cross. For the sake of ease of access please post the following information if you want to organize parties:

Game: MH4U
Name: Flame
Friend Code (for 3DS): 3926-4520-4426
Favorite Weapon(s): Greatsword, Charge Blade

Otherwise feel free to discuss awesome moments and that Basarios that just got away.
Post edited by Jack Draigo on

Comments

• 4U
    Hamsteak
    G1
    4485-0362-8611
    Yes.

Should we set up a voice chat, or just straight up blind hunts?
  • 4U
    Lyra
    HR1 :P
    0791-1501-0201
    Switch Axe
  • Yes, I'm happy to see you.
  • 4U
    Eliswen
    HR7
    3668-8904-4369
    Insect Glaive, (Guard) Lance, Charge Blade, Gunlance
  • As for voice chat we could set up a Skype group or TeamSpeak. I can do Skype easily but someone else would have to do TeamSpeak
  • edited July 2015
    4U
    Alaric
    HR0/1 (Just started out, it will rise quickly)
    2234-8388-2608
    Gun lance and longsword are my weapons of choice, considering trying hunting horn as well
    Post edited by Alaric728 on
  • edited July 2015
    Where is the delete function? I don't want the world to see my shame...

Post edited by Alaric728 on
  • Bad news on that one, cuz - there isn't one. You get an hour to edit, and that's that.
  • I may be looking for help slaying HR7 Akantor. He's giving me shit. Gonna try solo a few more times, because I know I'm getting close. Fuckin' roar that takes half my health, WTF? I think I need some HG Earplugs up ins.
  • I think I'm HR1 but I haven't played in a while. My ID is somewhere around here...
  • Churba said:

Bad news on that one, cuz - there isn't one. You get an hour to edit, and that's that.

There was one, then Scott downgraded the forum to vanilla 2.0.
  • On the balance, this version of Vanilla is better, it's just WAY too expensive. AFAIK, the lack of delete and the edit timer is Scott's decision, not Vanilla - and fair enough, I can understand his reasoning on that one.
  • Never mind about the Akantor - I just killed him, then rolled through Kushala, Teostra, Dah'ren, and Dalamadur.

The Dalamadur fight was fuckin' great. "Here, kill this stupidly enormous fucking monster that can literally destroy mountains." It's nice to actually fight an epic huge monster without it being some kind of scripted event (like the Mohran hunts).

My only gripe is that it was a 46 minute fight - which, I mean, makes sense for soloing something that large. I'd like that intensity and scale of a fight, but in a 30 minute package.

Now I've got the Ukanlos urgent to get to G1, and motherfuckin' Ukanlos is harder than Dala. I keep getting greedy when I fight him, and then I get hit with that goddamn infinite range ice laser.
  • Apparently I'm on a roll. Hello G1 and HR43!

Now to git gud. More so.
  • If you want to do some quests later today, feel free to set up a time and zone.
  • I probably won't be available this evening. Maybe later in the weeken.
  • This thread is like reading about something in a completely different language.
  • I haven't even referred to anything by their nicknames yet, like Steve or Picklesaurus rex or Flashbang Turkey.
  • I hadn't heard Flashbang Turkey, but that fits the Gypceros so well.
  • So how's everyone's hunting career going?

I hit G2 (currently HR 62) the other day, and I farmed the fuck out of Seregios to get the Seregios X set. I really need to get some Grank Stygian Zinogre and Brute Tigrex kills, but I haven't unlocked the quests yet.

Anybody need help murdering something's face?
  • Andrew said:

This thread is like reading about something in a completely different language.

• "I killed a boss that let me make some incrementally better armor."
  • Haven't been playing actively for a while and have been stuck on HR 7 for while now. Occasionally pick it up, do a quest or maybe two, or sometimes none at all and then put it down again to play other things on my 3DS.
  • I tried playing 4U like 6 months ago and gave up pretty quickly after running around effectively empty maps for a half and hour trying to find enemies I had to kill, only to time out and have to start all over. If I were to try playing again, is there a guide that will make the game actually playable?
  • Been plateaued a bit with Seregios gear being the best bang-for-my-buck right now but I'm one mission away from the Caravan Kushala Daora so go me.
  • Ikatono said:

I tried playing 4U like 6 months ago and gave up pretty quickly after running around effectively empty maps for a half and hour trying to find enemies I had to kill, only to time out and have to start all over. If I were to try playing again, is there a guide that will make the game actually playable?

You had trouble finding monsters on a quest? Or was this an expedition?

There are guides, yeah, but most are "how to use this weapon" and not "how to find a monster."

• Ikatono said:

I tried playing 4U like 6 months ago and gave up pretty quickly after running around effectively empty maps for a half and hour trying to find enemies I had to kill, only to time out and have to start all over. If I were to try playing again, is there a guide that will make the game actually playable?

Decent four part guide for some basics, the first three videos are for the previous version, but nothing major has changed.

• edited November 2015
    There is also the official online manual from Capcom that goes over how to play the game:

http://game.capcom.co.jp/manual/MH4U/en/index.html

If you're having trouble finding the monster you're supposed to kill, you're probably hunting small monsters. In that case, look at your Hunter's Notes for the name of the monster in whatever quest you're doing. There will be a stylized depiction and a description. Look for the monsters that resemble said depiction/description, and kill them.

If you're hunting a large monster, odds are it'll find you, or you'll stumble into it running around the map. This should require no additional explanation.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • I just hit Bronze Expert. Apparently the game eventually converts from build your own gear to a diablo styled loot system.
  • ThatGent said:

I just hit Bronze Expert. Apparently the game eventually converts from build your own gear to a diablo styled loot system.

Yeah, relics are bullshit and I'm glad they're not coming back in the next game.