This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

It's handegg season

Comments

• Giants fans nowadays:

• At least the Giants organization was respectful in letting him quit vs firing.

Currently I'm very excited and cautiously optimistic for this weekend.
  • Rochelle said:

At least the Giants organization was respectful in letting him quit vs firing.

Currently I'm very excited and cautiously optimistic for this weekend.

NYG always high class and high brow.
  • Yeah. The 49ers franchise could learn a lesson. Jed York is an idiot for keeping Balke and firing Tomsula, and I hate that team. At least Tomsula gets that guaranteed money.
  • Apreche said:

Well, except the guy that exploded his hand with a firework.
  • Starfox said:

Apreche said:

Well, except the guy that exploded his hand with a firework.
    At least we immediately kick people off the team for actually being bad. You won't see us with murderers, drug users, rapists, domestic abusers, etc. on our team. The same can't be said for most other teams. If JPP had hurt himself with a gun instead of a firework, you can bet he'd be hanging with plaxico right about now.
  • Not necessarily on the same level, but they should have benched OBJ in the Panthers game. He wasn't being classy.
  • Rochelle said:

Not necessarily on the same level, but they should have benched OBJ in the Panthers game. He wasn't being classy.

I haven't seen on giants fan disagree with that. Not even on the internets.
  • "Lawrence Taylor: classy to the bone" - Scott
  • Dromaro said:

"Lawrence Taylor: classy to the bone" - Scott

Like a pack of crazed dogs.
  • Seahawks got the biggest break ever. 27 yard field goal attempt? That's how they win?
  • Football gods were merciful.
  • I don't understand how you can miss that kick. The snap wasn't even fumbled.
  • Because it was incredibly cold and hard to play?
  • Laces out, Dan.
  • And now that all the bad teams are gone, only real football remains to be played.

• So... Not to bring Trump into this thread, but he has a stance on football.

He's pro-concussion. For real.
  • I'm really looking forward to Panthers vs Seahawks. The other matchups? Don't really care too much.
  • Apreche said:

all the bad teams are gone

Despite the corpse of our offense rising from the grave for 3 quarters last night, I'm hesitant to call the Pack not-bad.

That said, at least until next week, YOU LIKE THAT?
  • It's interesting that on the AFC side of the house there is a possibility that we could have two wild card teams playing for the Super Bowl =) I don't wanna say go Steelers so ... go Chiefs
  • No WC teams. All chalk.
  • Kind of funny that I believe it, considering 4 division champs lost last weekend.
  • It's interesting that on the AFC side of the house there is a possibility that we could have two wild card teams playing for the Super Bowl =) I don't wanna say go Steelers so ... go Chiefs

The same could be said for NFC...
  • Starfox said:

Kind of funny that I believe it, considering 4 division champs lost last weekend.

Not that suprising though in this round. Wild Card teams often come into the playoffs on a run of decent form and are decent teams. Compared to teams like Texans and Washington that quite frankly took advantage of terrible divisions.
    Bengals - well it's the playoffs.
    Vikings - should have won but failed a chip shot.
  • Ha, we're both beating the Cards and Panthers? Well...

The current Vegas lines are approximately Pack +250 and Seahawks +130. That's equivalent to 28% and 43%, respectively. 0.28 * 0.43 = 12%. Better than I would have guessed.

Fivethirtyeight rates us at 34% and 42%. Not terribly different.
  • The Rams are moving back to Los Angeles. Petty bullshit over a new stadium (and good and St. Louis not giving it to them) or is there some actually legit reasons why the owners just pack up and leave their community?
  • I just read this was the first ever year that all four wildcard teams won. And, of course, all on the road.
  • chaosof99 said:

The Rams are moving back to Los Angeles. Petty bullshit over a new stadium (and good and St. Louis not giving it to them) or is there some actually legit reasons why the owners just pack up and leave their community?

More people in LA, so owners think that they'll make more money from that audience? Also, I think LA wants football bad, so they'll also extract tax incentives from the city.
  • All week long these sports commentators picking against the hoodie at home in the playoffs. How many years does it take to learn this lesson?