This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Awesome (Summer) Games Done Quick thread

Comments

• Coldguy said:

Slowly going through the ones I missed and can agree Brain age wins for most comical.

I thought Brain Age was incredible for the first five minutes and then they kept repeating their joke. But definitely worth watching.

I've been watching back through old videos, and I've particularly enjoyed Animorphs and Link to the Past:

• The FFIV one was the best one of the year I think. While I have seen similar runs before, they had the right amount of good commentary and fancy steppin' to make it fascinating.

I actually watched the whole thing.
  • I watched the Necrodancer run. Oh shit, it's crazy he even got through it. I liked that when he failed once, he then failed really quickly a few times, just to get into it. Talk about "not marathon safe".
  • I agree with you all about Brain Age being a little too long, best TAS run went to SMB 3.

• Finally finished the FF IV run and was really good, although for best "long" run I would go with Majora's Mask over it.

• For the best commentary with a developer I would lean towards Blast Corp

Also if you are in the mood for more speedrunning marathons ESA will be running a pre showfrom the 29-31 of January.
  • Did any of the other run have developer commentary (not just this year, but in general)? I really enjoyed the Blast Corps run, and I'd love to watch more.
  • Ruffas said:

Did any of the other run have developer commentary (not just this year, but in general)? I really enjoyed the Blast Corps run, and I'd love to watch more.

Super Time Force did, and I think last year Ori and the Blind Forest was run with dev commentary.
  • The Mirrors Edge run is incredible considering how hard that game was and how it totally fucked me over.
  • Spelunky this year had Derek Yu on skype for the stream.
  • I watched the Ori and the Blind Forest race, these guys are crazy good but the topic of good "movement" is brought up repetitively because you feel so great when moving your character around, it was cool to see I did some of the small skips (just trying to do some crazy hard combo jumps to see if I could).

The more crazy thing was playing the game blind during a save or some game animation, plus playing in a situation where 1 hit was death for almost the entirety of the game.
  • Got nothing better to do this weekend? ESA is running all weekend!

Watch live video from europeanspeedsterassembly on www.twitch.tv
  • edited April 2016
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • looks like we need to cancel CTCon. :3
  • The Goonies II
    Ironsword: Wizards and Warriors II
    Final Fantasy Adventure
    Final Fantasy VI w/ sketch glitch
  • Typing of the Dead
    Tetris TGM demo
    Super Meat Boy
    Super Mario Maker blind race
  • SGDQ starts tomorrow and Colbert gave them a big boost in eyeballs.

Schedule is here
  • Damn. That's pretty awesome.
  • That was pretty sad.
  • That was terrible.
  • Axel said:

Damn. That's pretty awesome.

That was pretty sad.

sK0pe said:

That was terrible.

• I can't lie, I lol'ed.
  • Well played.
  • I guess Steven Colbert was cosplaying as Jimmy Kimmel? That's the only way to explain that...
  • I don't want to come off as grumpy, but do you think that video shows anyone in a good light? Maybe the track team.

The message of the video is "this guy thinks he has achieved something by breaking this world record, but it's literally as worthless as me eating microwave food, and athletic sport is the standard we will hold it to".
  • edited July 2016
    Rym said:

I guess Steven Colbert was cosplaying as Jimmy Kimmel? That's the only way to explain that...

Do you not know he has a Late night show that runs against Jimmy Kimmel?

I don't know I didn't think it was that terrible.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Speaking of the event the DKC Tropical Freeze race and Catherine runs were insane so far. The forth is a tad underwhelming but its nice to have background noise.