This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Beta Episode of GeekNights

I have posted the first beta episode of GeekNights ever. 2005-10-11. We ostensibly reviewed Trauma Center DS and Castlevania DS. Prefaced with about 16 minutes of my own commentary having just listened to this relic. I had a lot to say about it.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/5156262

Comments

• When was the last time you had little to say about something?
  • Technically I think all those early episodes are non-commercial, so you can't make them Patreon-only.

Also, I can't access it.
  • We didn't specify a license in the actual episodes. There's no closer ;)
  • Nobody cares about the actual episode. Just tell us

the.

Freaking.

URLLLLLLL
  • I looked in the cache of episodes a few of us have found and this one isn't in there, so I don't know if there's a publicly available version hidden anywhere other than the patreon.
  • Rym, are you going to disclose the URL after you've released all the remastered beta episodes, or continue to keep it secret?
  • Banta said:

Rym, are you going to disclose the URL after you've released all the remastered beta episodes, or continue to keep it secret?

• Naoza said:

Banta said:

Rym, are you going to disclose the URL after you've released all the remastered beta episodes, or continue to keep it secret?

• It will be another Patreon tier.
  • Two tiers. I know one of the urls that has five beta episodes, but I haven't found the rest yet.
  • What I want to know: WHAT THE FUCK DID WE DO BEFORE THIS?

As I said in the commentary, we mention "the thing we did yesterday" and I don't remember what that was.
  • Maybe Scott remembers?
  • Here's just the commentary, for anyone, even non-backers.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/5159567
  • Wow Rym had a lot more Scott and Scott had a lot more Rym.
    Both less jaded and no fart filtering
  • sK0pe said:

Wow Rym had a lot more Scott and Scott had a lot more Rym.
    Both less jaded and no fart filtering

I was about to say something along these lines.
  • Your accents have changed too. Rym is waaaay more noticeably not New York back in the day, with all kinds of weird sounding words in there. Is that Detroitish? Scott has only a slight change, though still noticeable.
  • That reminds me: I wonder how long ago Rym & Scott recorded “Let's do this!” because it doesn't sound like them anymore.
  • okeefe said:

That reminds me: I wonder how long ago Rym & Scott recorded “Let's do this!” because it doesn't sound like them anymore.

We redid it at least once.
  • Apreche said:

okeefe said:

That reminds me: I wonder how long ago Rym & Scott recorded “Let's do this!” because it doesn't sound like them anymore.

We redid it at least once.
    I believe you guys said that you did it when you did the new Outro.
  • The second beta episode of GeekNights, from 2005-10-17, is up for backers, along with commentary.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/5745273

It's... well... If the first one was entertaining, the second one will disavow you of any notion that these episodes were hidden from the masses without reason. Much like "deleted scenes" from movies, they were usually deleted for a reason.
  • We all know the real reason that you hid these episodes is that the FBI realized they were coded messages to let the world know that Paul McCartney had been killed in 1964 for trying to make public the false flag sinking of the USS Maine.
  • Greg said:

We all know the real reason that you hid these episodes is that the FBI realized they were coded messages to let the world know that Paul McCartney had been killed in 1964 for trying to make public the false flag sinking of the USS Maine.

We actually broadcasted them into space, where the bounced off the Van Allen Belt that killed the real astronauts who attempted to land on the moon.
  • Rocket fuel can't melt steel beams.
  • Rym said:

Greg said:

We all know the real reason that you hid these episodes is that the FBI realized they were coded messages to let the world know that Paul McCartney had been killed in 1964 for trying to make public the false flag sinking of the USS Maine.

We actually broadcasted them into space, where the bounced off the Van Allen Belt that killed the real astronauts who attempted to land on the moon.
    Everyone knows the Van Allen Belt only existed from 1959 to 1968 as a way of preventing NASSA from landing on the moon. Once NASA was capable of landing on the moon it was disassembled. Wake up you sheeple.
  • Oh yeah this is the one where you confuse 403 and 302.
  • I have 10/19, 10/20, 10/24 (including Rym singing the original intro theme), 10/31 (first appearance of the current intro), etc. Am I missing any besides the two backer-only posts?
  • Rym said:

A few of you have found some of the beta episodes. But not all of them.

You'll know you have all of them if you have the following dates:

2005-10-11
    2005-10-17
    2005-10-18 (two versions)
    2005-10-19
    2005-10-20
    2005-10-24
    2005-10-25
    2005-10-26

The first public episode was 2005-10-31. We released it retroactively after we went live 2005-11-01.

Pegu said:

Got a bunch of them :) Just missing 1011, 1017, 1018v2 and 1025.

http://forum.frontrowcrew.com/discussion/4284/in-search-of-beta-geeknights
  • Heh. The one I just put up (the commentary-alone will be public later this week for non-backers) was probably skipped in the pre-publishing because it was awful.
  • Well, I made it about 2 minutes into that one.
  • Well, I made it about 2 minutes into that one.

As I said in the commentary, we didn't release these for a reason. ;)