This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pokemon Go!

Comments

• Churba said:

sK0pe said:
    Oh yeah, I remember back in the day they used to have a lot of Ingress players swinging by, too. Basically all the pokestops and gyms are identical to Ingress portal locations.

Which is nice, because my route for walking the dog before I took my egress from ingress took me right past a few spots.
    That's a major benefit of having a dog, some of the best Pokemon are at the dog park a kilometre from my house.
    Does Mr. Darcy walk you or do you walk Mr. Darcy? She should getting quite muscular by now.
  • I got 3 pokemon's just being inside my house.
  • I'm not gonna play.
  • edited July 2016
    sK0pe said:

Does Mr. Darcy walk you or do you walk Mr. Darcy? She should getting quite muscular by now.

Definitely I walk her. She's definitely got some bulk and strength now, but she knows who she runs to when she gets scared, and she's still at the point where she gets scared easily by new things. She doesn't really pull, either, and in return, if she gets excited about something, I'll jog along to get there quicker with her if it's something that's okay. A little give and take keeps things smooth. And a pocket full of tiny treats.

She's pretty good, though, if I tell her to stop and sit, she'll stop and sit, maybe 85% of the time. And she almost never outright refuses, she usually cottons on and does it if I repeat the command.

Tell you what though, there's this fucking arsehole of a greyhound down the dog park - if we're running about, as we do, this dirty little fucker will zoom over, nip her on the arse or trip her by grabbing her leg, and then zoom off again. Owner doesn't give a shit, she's just hanging out playing on her phone.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Ingress + That old paper toss iPhone game = Pokemon Go
  • I expect a huge event at PAX to when I'll pay attention.
  • Apparently I work in a Pokemon-free hellscape.

Technically this is my first Pokemon game ever.
  • okeefe said:

Apparently I work in a Pokemon-free hellscape.

Technically this is my first Pokemon game ever.

Time of day matters, and if you see anywhere on the map that little leaves shower up occasionally, there's a better chance of encountering pokemon there. The steps you see on the little "what's about" thing are basically a hotter/colder thing for finding specific pokes.
  • I got it. Is it terribly buggy for anyone else? I catch a poke, and it just sits there pokeball icon spinning in the upper left. Sometimes just crashes out to main screen.
  • That's what I hear, at least from my Twitter feed along with everyone is catching Pokemons when they are pooping.
  • that's what I did Squirtle.
  • Starfox said:

I got it. Is it terribly buggy for anyone else? I catch a poke, and it just sits there pokeball icon spinning in the upper left. Sometimes just crashes out to main screen.

I'm not sure that's "buggy" per se. They're having server issues. Pretty sure that's what the spinning pokeball icon is.

I took my usual afternoon walk today, roughly 1.5 miles, and along the way hit 10 Pokestops and 2 Gyms. Of course, no goddamn Pokemon, so I can't actually use the Gyms yet.

But server lag resulted in me only getting stuff from 6/10 Pokestops.

• I haven't really had any issues so far.
  • Serves look to be down.
    It is more like Pokemon (Not) Go.
  • MATATAT said:

I haven't really had any issues so far.

Same

• Just got a butt load of Pokemon on my first few rounds at work and now I have to pick a team. Blah.
  • Pokemon Trainer Club is down. Pokemon Go servers are up, so if you used Google you are good. Those of us who signed up with our Trainer Club accounts have to keep waiting. Sucktastic.
  • edited July 2016
    Player finds dead body while searching for Pokemon O_O

Maybe it's just a new type of Pokemon.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Nah, it's just Ghastly.
  • Corpse used Rotting Scent.
    It's super effective!
  • Something that will Haunter for life. ;)
  • Rochelle said:

Something that will Haunter for life. ;)

And the award goes to Ro!
  • Team Valor!
  • Team Valor!

YEAH SON.

(Okay I just picked it because I liked their logo better)
  • Went for a walk today, basically every fucker with their phone out was playing.

Also this:

• Churba said:

Went for a walk today, basically every fucker with their phone out was playing.

Also this:

Noice.