This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

ConnectiCon 2016

124»

Comments

• You all have to come to Clueless Analysis: Utena. Friday 7:45 in the Boggart. It's gonna be a ton of fun and the panel is %75 FRCF.
  • edited July 2016
    I guess I COULD still go for like... a day. I live maybe 1.5 hours away with 0 traffic, but I actually had a bad experience last year, it's sort of put me off to the con in general.

Anyway, Friday? I'd have to miss work, with what's currently going on, that'd be a dick move.
    Post edited by Naoza on
  • I've gotta work Friday too, no way around it. Oh well. At least Friday night should be legit.
  • It sucks that I can't make it this year. I am of sad.

Next year.
  • The journey begins but first a burger for the road.
  • We have arrived in Hartford
  • edited July 2016
    I have arrived, phone is dead have Jackbox if people want to play.

FYI Phone is dead and charging slowly have limited access to hangout, ping my cell if need me.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • We are told there is no special badge pickup for Event Leaders. There also doesn't seem to be any distinction between regular and pre-reg badge pickup.
  • jtvh said:

We are told there is no special badge pickup for Event Leaders. There also doesn't seem to be any distinction between regular and pre-reg badge pickup.

You mean it's a shit show as usual?

Still bummed I'm not there this year.
  • jtvh said:

We are told there is no special badge pickup for Event Leaders. There also doesn't seem to be any distinction between regular and pre-reg badge pickup.

Normally Event Leaders dont have to deal with that shit.
  • Greg said:

jtvh said:

Normally Event Leaders dont have to deal with that shit.
    Yesterday's badge lines seemed unusually bad. Today is reportedly better.
  • I'll just say this (I think I bitched about it before): y'all need to fix the fucking website. I submitted a panel somehow but got no confirmation it was in the system and every time I went back to check I couldn't get back to where I submitted the panel so I had no idea if it went through to begin with. Not that it mattered I wasn't making it anyway but still that website is unintuitive, clunky, and inelegant.
  • You all might remember that the convention center put up some, for lack of a better word, offensive signs in 2015 on the gendered bathrooms reminding people that they were NOT gender-neutral. I had email conversations (on my own as a journalist: not on behalf of ConnectiCon) that caused a minor shitstorm in the aftermath.

You may have noticed that no such signs appeared this year.

The Convention Center published a clear policy now.

I'm pleased with the final outcome.
  • What is the State law? I know in Massachusetts we have a law where we have to put gendered signs up on our bathrooms but no law requiring these signs to be enforced.
  • Greg said:

What is the State law? I know in Massachusetts we have a law where we have to put gendered signs up on our bathrooms but no law requiring these signs to be enforced.

The state law was passed I believe shortly before the 2015 Connecticon (not 100%: I'd have to look it up).

But holy shit did my original email start a shitstorm involving laywers.
  • That is super awesome, vote one for the good guys and gals and everything else! I am wondering when the panel figures are coming out...