This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Nintendo NX

Apparently we can expect a 3D Mario, Pokémon and Zelda in the NX launch window.

The Nintendo NX Could Do Some Serious Damage With A Zelda, Mario and Pokémon Launch - Forbes

Still sceptical about the controls and portability, but semi-excited for it's released. Will the NX actually get 3rd party support though?

Comments

• It's gonna be an auto-buy situation.
  • PSA: Forbes is not a real website. It's the equivalent of someone's LiveJournal. Do not post their shit here.

This is the first Nintendo console I'll actually not buy. Going to wait for it to prove itself, or the news to really win me over as we learn more about it. If I didn't already have access to the 20 or so games worth a play on Wii U, it'd be a completely different story though.

3rd parties? Good luck. Your best case scenario is the 3rd party support you saw on the Wii. Some nice titles here and there, but largely shovelware. The Wii sold like hotcakes. If NX comes even close to those numbers, the 3rd parties will be lining up, but will it be the 3rd party support you want?

• Matt said:

PSA: Forbes is not a real website. It's the equivalent of someone's LiveJournal. Do not post their shit here.

lolwut

They're a finance magazine, not a blog site.
  • Yeah that's what I'm thinking. If it does well I'm sure there will be good 3rd party games for it, but probably more that are specific to the NX or altered versions rather than the same big budget titles you see on pc, Xboz and ps4. I'm sure I'll buy one eventually, but I'm still waiting on a good Wii U price drop so I can play first party titles before that happens.

Since it is supposed to be a portable console as well, I do like the potential for there being good same-room individual screen multiplayer that we wanted on the Wii U, but that would require everyone to actually have their own console to play that way rather than just enough Wii U gamepads or GBA's. Not a big deal if it's popular enough, but sucks if you just wanted to go to your buddy's house to play Four Swords NX or whatever. Of course we could have had that with 3DS+Wii U connectivity for years now, but I digress.
  • Daikun said:

Matt said:

PSA: Forbes is not a real website. It's the equivalent of someone's LiveJournal. Do not post their shit here.

lolwut

They're a finance magazine, not a blog site.
    Nope, the web site just uses the Forbes brand to make you think it has some legitimacy.
  • edited August 2016
    Matt said:

Every website is posting the same story. Who cares.

P.S. I actually heard the news first on SIFTD.net , and it was announced as 'I know a guy who knows a guy'. So any article is just a confirmation that an NDA was broken.
    Post edited by Dazzle369 on
  • Dazzle369 said:

Matt said:

Every website is posting the same story. Who cares.

P.S. I actually heard the news first on SIFTD.net , and it was announced as 'I know a guy who knows a guy'. So any article is just a confirmation that an NDA was broken.
    That is how bad news starts, someone reports something wrong but believable, then other sites dog pile on the same story for clicks. Still a bad news story, chances of being true is about 15%.