This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

"Metal" is the best thread title here.

Comments

• Enough bullshit. Slay the false. The trve shall reign.

Dagon reigns supreme.

• Starfox said:

This reminds me of older Cloudkicker:

Except the guy plays the guitar instead of playing a computer to play the guitar.

I don't know what you're talking about, Ben Sharp is a fantastic guitarist. He did some fucking cool guitar acrobatics when I saw him live.
  • Starfox said:

This reminds me of older Cloudkicker:

Except the guy plays the guitar instead of playing a computer to play the guitar.

I don't know what you're talking about, Ben Sharp is a fantastic guitarist. He did some fucking cool guitar acrobatics when I saw him live.
    Yeah, what you mean computer guitar bullshit
  • Oh I thought he played the computer to play the instruments. Does he plays drums/bass/whatever else too?
  • Starfox said:

Oh I thought he played the computer to play the instruments. Does he plays drums/bass/whatever else too?

He plays everything, but he does program the more complicated drum parts.
  • Hmmm. TIL.
  • The new Meshuggah album absolutely slays. \m/

• If you have not checked this out yet you really should. Like drop everything and do it now.
  • Darkthrone has new stuff out officially, and I'm very happy to hear it.
  • TesseracT redid some songs off Polaris:
  • edited November 2016
    So while yall were arguing about Malleable Infants and Viking Slowjams, Gevurah put out a full length.

Its a devilish black metal album called Hallelujah! And in these times of tribulation, "yall motherfuckers need Satan"

https://profoundlorerecords.bandcamp.com/track/dies-irae-lacrimosa
    Post edited by SWATrous on
  • OH SHIT NEW GEVURAH?

I dug the fuck out of the last one. So evil.
  • Oh wait, apparently I already saved and listened to it back when it came out in June.

Oh well, guess I'll listen to it again.
  • edited November 2016

Wizard Rifle - Tears Won't Soften Steel

Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • MaSu US tour!

AND Metallica released a bunch of music videos for their new album today:
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=metallica
  • Starfox said:

MaSu US tour!

AND Metallica released a bunch of music videos for their new album today:
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=metallica

I've listened to about half the album now, and my official opinion is "this shit is lit."

Of course, I'm a fanboy through-and-through.

But seriously, "Spit Out the Bone" sounds like it's straight out of Justice.

• Checkout last weeks, Thats Not Metal, podcast they do a whopper review. Actually just listen to all of their stuff it is amazing and cuts though a lot of the bullshit. To say nothing about their specials, those guys know their shit.
  • Saw Animals as Leaders in Toronto last night, was fantastic. Amusingly, they were opened by Plini and Intervals, which both have the same members, just in different roles. Dudes left the stage, and then came back 15 minutes later and just stood in different spots to play. Great show though!
  • Who else here listens to Fallujah? If you don't, you should. The newest album is just fucking masterful.
  • Who else here listens to Fallujah? If you don't, you should. The newest album is just fucking masterful.

When I went to see DTP, Fallujah was the opening band. I randomly saw some Netrunner friends there, and they were wearing Fallujah shirts. They thought Fallujah was headlining, not opening. They were right to think so because they were way too good to be an opener.
  • Apreche said:

They were right to think so because they were way too good to be an opener.

Not Fantômas?

• Rym said:

Apreche said:

Not Fantômas?

Who?
  • Apreche said:

Rym said:

Apreche said:

Not Fantômas?

Who?
    You really don't remember the band that opened for Tool back when we went to see Tool? The bouncers even took your metal thingie.

They were playing when we walked into the GA pit. The crowd was chanting "get the fuck off the stage."

• Rym said:

Apreche said:

Rym said:

Apreche said:

Not Fantômas?

Who?
    You really don't remember the band that opened for Tool back when we went to see Tool? The bouncers even took your metal thingie.

They were playing when we walked into the GA pit. The crowd was chanting "get the fuck off the stage."

It was a sarcastic "who".
  • RymRym
    edited November 2016
    Apreche said:

It was a sarcastic "who".

But they're not stricken from the roll of ages like HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED. I remember them, and mark the days of my life by the time that has passed since last I suffered their infernal wailings.

Post edited by Rym on
  • Those were dark times, the era of the nameless one. May we never again live such lives of savagery and despair.
    Apreche said:

Who else here listens to Fallujah? If you don't, you should. The newest album is just fucking masterful.

When I went to see DTP, Fallujah was the opening band. I randomly saw some Netrunner friends there, and they were wearing Fallujah shirts. They thought Fallujah was headlining, not opening. They were right to think so because they were way too good to be an opener.
    Dude, fuck you, Fallujah and DTP on the same bill?

Seriously though, fuck you.
  • Those were dark times, the era of the nameless one. May we never again live such lives of savagery and despair.

Apreche said:

Who else here listens to Fallujah? If you don't, you should. The newest album is just fucking masterful.

That rent I pay in NYC. That's not just for my apartment. That buys things like this.

The other band that night was "Between the Buried and Me." I enjoyed their set live, but I didn't enjoy it as much when I listened to their album on Spotify.
  • Boh continues to be the best Babymetaller:

They're also going on tour with Metallica.
  • Apreche said:

Those were dark times, the era of the nameless one. May we never again live such lives of savagery and despair.

Apreche said:

That rent I pay in NYC. That's not just for my apartment. That buys things like this.

The other band that night was "Between the Buried and Me." I enjoyed their set live, but I didn't enjoy it as much when I listened to their album on Spotify.
    Which one? Their early albums are all metalcoreish, Then there's Colors, which basically kickstarted the wave of prog metal we have now. Post that they completely dropped all hardcore influence and the last one dropped a lot of the extreme metal.
  • Apreche said:

Those were dark times, the era of the nameless one. May we never again live such lives of savagery and despair.

Apreche said:

Which one? Their early albums are all metalcoreish, Then there's Colors, which basically kickstarted the wave of prog metal we have now. Post that they completely dropped all hardcore influence and the last one dropped a lot of the extreme metal.
    Whichever is the newest one, since that's most of what they played live.