This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Real Life Cooking Mama: Share Your Cooking Projects!

1545556575860»

Comments

• sK0pe said:

1 cup whiskey (I used Jamesons)
    3 eggs
    1 pt heavy cream
    1 can sweetened condensed milk
    1 1/2 tbsp choc syrup
    1 tbsp honey

Whisk the eggs up a bit, then whisk in the cream. whip the rest of the ingredients in one by one. (I saved the whiskey for last, dunno if it matters) Chill and serve

Generally for egg based cocktails you put the alcohol last, I'm not sure if it is the same deal with making a liqueur from scratch.
    Huh, I've been making my whisky sours wrong for quite some time. I usually start with the alcohol.
  • Naoza said:

sK0pe said:

1 cup whiskey (I used Jamesons)
    3 eggs
    1 pt heavy cream
    1 can sweetened condensed milk
    1 1/2 tbsp choc syrup
    1 tbsp honey

Whisk the eggs up a bit, then whisk in the cream. whip the rest of the ingredients in one by one. (I saved the whiskey for last, dunno if it matters) Chill and serve

Generally for egg based cocktails you put the alcohol last, I'm not sure if it is the same deal with making a liqueur from scratch.
    Huh, I've been making my whisky sours wrong for quite some time. I usually start with the alcohol.
    With a whisky sour do mix the whisky together with the egg, lemon juice and sweet water. I'm should have clarified, when you get the egg white and beat it separately and add it later, if you're getting your creaminess from the single shake then put the alcohol in with everything else (except maybe bitters).

Honestly, now that I think of it, depends on what tastes best. Tom and Jerry = afterwards, Whisky Sour = same time.
  • I got a pressure cooker recently and it's amazing.
  • Has anyone ever made ketchup? I just watched a how it's made about ketchup and it got me wondering if there's a recipe out there I might like more than Heinz.
  • Every year I make homemade cookies to give to coworkers, family, friends, etc. Here are the platters I brought to work to celebrate the holiday season. I think this was my most ambitious cookie making year yet.

The platter above has Chocolate Chip cookies, Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip cookies, Sugar Cookies with colored icing, and Gingerbread cookies with icing.

This platter has German Chocolate Cake cookies, Old Fashion Walnut Raisin Oatmeal cookies, and a new recipe this year, Raspberry Thumbprint cookies.

Not pictured was a batch of gluten free peanut butter cookies I made for my coworker who has Celiacs disease.

Oh, and you can't have cookies without homemade Ed Nog to wash it down:

• Impressive wouldn't mind sampling those German chocolate cake cookies out.