This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Show Ideas and Reminders

Comments

• The top, or personal favorite, "Darwin Awards" you've either read about, seen, or known personally.
    Yes!
  • The Constitution.
  • I got a few more:
    - Sitcoms
    - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    - "Social games" (Shotgun, Doorknob, etc.)
  • edited January 2008
    Could you do a show about what you find wrong with each other and people in general?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • How about a series of annual shows? They could be about a range of topics, my example would be building a new PC. They could go into actual components and it would both be different and informative each year.

Anyone else like this idea of annual shows? What ideas do you have for other good annual topics?
  • MOAR ZOMBIES NOW!!!!1111one
  • edited January 2008
    Clothes. I know what you're thinking, WTF clothes! Hey, you guys made showering a hilarious show! Why not clothes?

Talk about obscure geekery or DDR or flash series.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • 4chan
    How to not suck at running a community
    Copyright and Intellectual Property
  • I was just re-listening to the Thursday convention series and I would really like Scrym to do a show on throwing a room party at a convention.
  • I was just re-listening to the Thursday convention series and I would really like Scrym to do a show on throwing a room party at a convention.
    Second! I never been to a great party or met anyone who knew how to throw great con parties. Do it for the greater good! *points dramatically*
  • A discussion of network and computer security certifications; whether they're worth the time or not.
  • Your experiences with dating & women in general. Any anecdotes about funny experiences with dating etc.

Thursday Show obviously :D
  • For future GeekBites: review bands! I would love to know more about your specific tastes in music.
  • I just realized there is no episode devoted to T & E. It keeps coming up but it never has had its own episode.
  • edited February 2008
    I've never heard you guys mention it before, so I don't know whether you've played it or not, but I'd love to hear you talk about the board game Scotland Yard, either as a main bit or a Geekbyte. I saw the box on the shelf when I went to the game store recently, and I think I had forgotten it existed until that moment. The second I saw it, I had a flood of memories come back of me playing it a lot when I was younger. I remember it being incredibly fun and somewhat strategic (maybe not to the level of most of the other games you go on about, but moreso than a lot of other board games I owned), and just... oh mans, I really miss it now! Maybe I should buy the copy that I saw in the store...
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • I would like to see an episode on Tesla coils or Tesla's other great inventions.
    And a how to not suck at Superman 64. (I think that show would be a epic win))
  • And a how to not suck at Superman 64. (I think that show would be a epic win))
    Don't play it.
  • Forums or dragons. Yeah, dragons are great.
  • Show idea: Wine, beverage not the software.
  • edited February 2008
    Walt Disney World. I actually just got back from a short vacation from Walt Disney World (as of 2/10) and it was as awesome as it has always been.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • edited February 2008
    I don't know if you'd consider it covered already, but I think an episode about "How to Not Suck at Telling Stories" would be great.
    Post edited by RothOHNOES on
  • I don't know if you'd consider it covered already, but I think an episode about "How to Not Suck at Telling Stories" would be great.
    There was a How to Not Suck at Talking, which may be close to what you want.
  • Computer literacy; you've skirted around what it is; but never actually said what it is, and it's hard to put a few of your older episodes into focus without knowing what you guys consider the line to be (actually the line seems rather simple for Scott...)
  • For clarifications sake, I think all the show idea that have been used should be given the strikethrough treatment.
  • There's no Escaflowne show according to the search box. HUH?
  • There's no Escaflowne show according to the search box. HUH?
    Nope. I'm sure it's on their list. They probably have to rewatch it to properly do a show on it. Another anime show, I am definitely looking forward to hearing.
  • edited March 2008
    Here would be an interesting Tuesday show. Point and Click adventures; the history, the rise, the fall, and the new rise of them on modern consoles.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • Somehow, Ice Hockey has struck my fancy again and I listened to your guys "Why Ice Hockey Is Awesome" episode. At the end you said you were gonna do an RIT Ice Hockey episode. Not done yet and I would like to hear some cool anecdotes.
  • They probably have to rewatch it to properly do a show on it.
    I've seen is three times, so I think I've got a handle on it. Scott needs to re-watch it. ^_~