This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Show Ideas and Reminders

Comments

• edited March 2008
    Hey, you guys should have Emily on the show again and talk about animation or Japan or stuff.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • How to run an online community?

And is that participant thing on the left new or am I just blind?

• And is that participant thing on the left new or am I just blind?
    Yes.
  • Uhh, yes to which? I just noticed it for the first time earlier.
  • I know this will be a given, Super Smash Brothers Brawl.
  • Hey, you might want to continue the series "How not to Suck at College" with a part 2.

..please? I'm going to RIT in August, and I really enjoyed the first part of that.

Also, perhaps (when this happens eventually) a review of the new phone you're getting? hint hint.
  • GeoGeo
    edited March 2008
    How about on a Tuesday, you review Earthbound. I'm sure that would be a pretty popular episode and it will introduce those who have never heard of the game and also clear up the "What game did Ness come from?" question a lot of gaming n00bs ask. Plus, since you guys are really good reviewers of just about any kind of geekery, I'm confident that you will bring this fantastic yet often overlooked game series the justice it truly deserves.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Yeah, and Earthbound/Mother show would be sweet.
    Maybe a Professor Layton show would be cool. I think one of you guys mentioned that you'd do one soon.
  • edited March 2008
    For another Thursday series: Disney animated films. I understand that that would be a daunting task, but it could be handled in a way that would drastically reduce the number of shows for the series (for instance, you could talk about decades in general and only have a specific show on one of the movies for important movies).
    Or you could just talk about specific films and get it over with. Of course, this would happen when you guys start watching movies again.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • For another Thursday series: Disney animated films. I understand that that would be a daunting task, but it could be handled in a way that would drastically reduce the number of shows for the series (for instance, you could talk about decades in general and only have a specific show on one of the movies for important movies).
    Or you could just talk about specific films and get it over with. Of course, this would happen when you guys start watching movies again.
    Seconded! But I want to add Don Bluth films too.
  • I will add these into the picture:

Chocolate
    Laser Discs
    LPs (those are records for you young folk)
    How to make a good panel
    Your favorite thing you like to cook with recipe
    and finally the Animanicas

• How to make a good panel
    Seconded to the 5th power! Pretty please! *wags tail*
  • More of Rym's 80's metal keyboards.
  • More of Rym's 80's metal keyboards.
    Noooooo.....that is almost as bad as hearing them play rockband for an entire episode.
  • You guys need to do a podcast about how editing bad comics can make them good comics.
  • You guys need to do a podcast about how editing bad comics can make them good comics.
    Like Garfield without Garfield and Marmaduke Explained?
  • A show idea on 'money'.

Sub topics-
    1. How to save.
    2. How does money control you and the world.
    3. What does money really do. (eg: achivements, social standings)
    4. What happens when a country just prints alot more money in relation to country reserves.
    5. How should you spend money when you are making 'mad moneys' like you guys are now.
    6. How should the government spend and collect money.

ps. Geek nights is the best podcast I have found so far, keep up the good work. More guests would be great.
  • RymRym
    edited March 2008
    How to save.
    Don't spend it all.
    How does money control you and the world.
    Money controls the amounts of goods and services I can acquire should I desire them, setting my maximum standard of living.
    What does money really do.
    It allows one to acquire goods and services.
    What happens when a country just prints alot more money in relation to country reserves.
    Inflation.
    How should you spend money when you are making 'mad moneys' like you guys are now.
    Buy what you want if the opportunity cost is worth the benefit. Save the rest.
    How should the government spend and collect money.
    Get it with taxes, spend it on services.

Next. ^_~
    Post edited by Rym on
  • How about 1990s era cartoons such as:
    *Could be lumped into an "Original Nicktoons" episode

Ren and Stimpy*
    Rocco's Modern Life*
    Animanics
    Tiny Toon Adventures
    Histeria
    Rugrats*
    Doug*
    Sonic SatAM
    TAoStH (other sonic cartoon)
    AHHH! Real Monsters*

Lets throw in Snick with its various shows in there too.
  • You should do a show on cel, stop motion, and CG animations (your views, and possibly an overview of what they are and their respective histories) and possibly your views of the future of each. This idea would probably end up being a series as it is too big of a topic.
  • edited March 2008
    Philosophy, solipsism, consciousness, stand alone complexes and second-order simulacra, emergent behavior and phenomena, etc.
    Self-organizing systems, mob behavior, that kind of thing maybe.

Hey, I think it could be a great Thursday.
    Post edited by Starfox on
  • Philosophy, solipsism, consciousness, stand alone complexes and second-order simulacra, emergent behavior and phenomena, etc.

Hey, I think it could be a great Thursday.
    Yeah, you guys should definitely do more shows about smart shit.
  • You should do an episode on Broadway shows if you guys have seen enough of them.
  • I am going to suggest doing a show on the things you DO NOT own and why you won't get them.
  • I am going to suggest doing a show on the things you DO NOT own and why you won't get them.
    Nice idea. Seconded.
  • An introduction to philosophy would be awesome, although it might take some research on your part. Also, how to not suck at writing and albums you should listen to.
  • edited March 2008
    Japanese bands?

Okay, I was listening to some older GN and I got two questions?
    What is the bamboo story and how did you come to egg Eminem's house?
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Japanese bands?

They have already told the bamboo story on a Thursday show.
  • Japanese bands?

What ep?
  • Japanese bands?

What ep?
    Geeknights 060831 - The Vision and the Bamboo.