This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Comments

• I enjoy Avatar. Gives a much more in-depth story than most kids' shows.
  • I love this show; I've been watching it since day one. It's one of the best shows that Nickelodeon has produced in several years.
  • Avatar is amazing! It's what got me into anime (well, I'm still not that into it, but hey, I watch some anime shows ... as opposed to pre-Avatar days when I watched no anime whatsoever) in the first place.

But Nick has been handling Season 3 horribly ... it's been, what, two months since the last episode?
  • edited March 2008
    Nick always handles the show horribly. They did this with Season 2 as well. It was months between one episode and then they showed the library and desert episodes back to back, before going away on break for another month or so.

The bad thing right now with Nick and season 3 is that there are two episodes that aired everywhere else, but not in the US. So they're ready for air, but for some reason they don't air them.
    Post edited by Kiey on
  • Which episodes? Are they the two that come after Day of Black Sun?
  • Yeah its the two that come after Day of Black Sun.
  • Ah... I just did a search online and watched two very bad copies of these eps that were recorded in Canada. I found a link to a third ep but it was removed.

I found it after the guys from the Totally Rad Show started championing it.
  • You can get torrents of the eps from the UK. I saw them with my old roommate Macy, who works for Sundance but is also a super Avatard.
  • I have been watching Avatar since it came out and its a good show. Personally, I think episodes 18, 19, and 20 of season one are the best of the series so far.
  • My sister usually turns it on, and since I can't stand commercials, I usually just play games on my computer in the other room. But the amount I have seen of it, has led me to believe that it will turn out to be a series of high caliber and quality. I'll probably torrent or rent it, but I haven't decided if I have time to just sit and watch yet.
  • Avatar is one of my all-time favorite shows. I've seen all the episodes, including the two that haven't aired in the US, but I've bought the complete first book and will get the second and third as well. There are various episodes that I can watch more than once. I love all the characters, but Zuko and Iroh are my favorites. Their stories are the most complex and interesting.

One of the things that I love about the show is that there is an end in sight, and the creators seem to be actively working toward that end. While I might like to see Avatar continue for more than three seasons (depending on what they do), I believe the primary story will end on the last episode of book 3. I'm an instant gratification type of person. If I have to wait overlong for the payoff at the end, I'll lose complete interest. While I like long, complicated, dramatic stories (sometimes), I don't want to wait ten years and two hundred episodes or four hundred chapters to get to a confrontation/resolution that was introduced in the first episode. I do not have that kind of patience.
  • If you guys like Avatar, you'll love this:

"I taught him everything he knows."
  • That made me lol.
  • Avatar has got to be one of the best shows I have ever seen, It just gives me that "epic" feeling. There is no way to describe Avatar that would do it justice. If you have not seen it you should do so as soon as possible, It's just so good. That show is so awesome just posting about gives me that pumped feeling. I'm going to go find somewhere to watch it on the internet right now, I'm out.
  • I have just found out that the voice actor who plays Aang is from my home state of Connecticut. w00t.

Apreche, you don't know what you're missing.
  • I love Avatar!! It's about the closest thing to a good anime series on cable television as of now.
  • I have also heard that M. Night Shylaman (or however you spell his name) will film a live-action version of the show. It will be called The Last Airbender, the reason why it doesn't have "Avatar" in the title is that James Cameron threatened legal action because he is currently filming a movie called Avatar which will come out somewhere around the same time as this one will. Basically, the movie will cover the events of Book 1. Just how they will go about filming the movie and how well they do it remains to be seen, but I am confidant that they will make a really decent movie.
  • GAH. LORDYUPA12. One topic at a TIME, please!
  • Someone had a bit of a sensory overload.

I found these awesome parody comics on Deviant Art.
    My first favorite.
    My second favorite.
    And my third favorite.
  • edited April 2008
    You know what this epic series is missing, an epic theme song. I mean the whole backstory intro they use now was good for season one but I think this show could benefit from a good kick ass musical opener. Something instrumental is what I have in mind.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • You know what this epic series is missing, an epic theme song. I mean the whole backstory intro they use now was good for season one but I think this show could benefit from a good kick ass musical opener. Something instrumental is what I have in mind.
    Second that. It's really annoying that they've kept that boring backstory opener for three seasons now.
  • Very good point, Viga. Very good point.
  • edited April 2008
    Agreed, Viga. Though my version has moar Zuko.

To answer lordupa's question about the movie in the other thread, there's a whole interview about it in the second season dvd box set. It answers all of your questions.
    Post edited by Ametto on
  • The next image quote is true, thus I have to post it!

Interesting how two TV shows with the same bare bone plot are so different in their greatness. Pokemon being mediocre and Avatar being good.
  • It's not the first time this happened. It happens in media a lot.
  • There are no new plots on TV. Even the great BattleStar Galactica is a tale of Mormonism.
  • I found these awesome parody comics on Deviant Art.
    Haha, thank you. You almost made me start liking Zuko.

Almost.
  • There are no new plots on TV. Even the great BattleStar Galactica is a tale of Mormonism.
    Care to elaborate?
  • edited April 2008
    There are no new plots on TV. Even the great BattleStar Galactica is a tale of Mormonism.
    Care to elaborate?
    Which part, no new plots or BSG?
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on