This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Comments

• Which part, no new plots or BSG?
    BSG as Mormonism. I don't quite see the connection, perhaps it should be discussed in the BSG thread.
  • Avatar being mediocre and Pokemon being good.
    ^_^
  • The next image quote is true, thus I have to post it!

Interesting how two TV shows with the same bare bone plot are so different in their greatness. Pokemon being mediocre and Avatar being good.
    That's awesome... LOL...
  • It's hard to believe that Avatar will be ending in two months. I'm really sad, but it has to be done.
  • Better than an overly long crap series. I rather have a short awesome series rather than a long series that starts cool and turns to crap. (Inuyasha, Bleach...)
  • Have they said there will be no fourth season?
  • They've said there will be a forth season, but its not going to be about Aang. Which sounds to me like Avatar will continue for a while, but they are going to jump to new avatars every so often.
  • They've said there will be a forth season, but its not going to be about Aang. Which sounds to me like Avatar will continue for a while, but they are going to jump to new avatars every so often.
    Any word on whether or not some game company has purchased the RPG rights?
  • Not that I know of, but imagine Luke Crane making an Avatar game. Now that would be awesome.
  • edited May 2008
    Any word on whether or not some game company has purchased the RPG rights?
    No, but Exalted (particularly the Dragon-Blooded) seems like a clear fit, what with all the elemental kung fu magic.
    Post edited by J.Sharp on
    Um... Source please?
  • GeoGeo
    edited May 2008
    Better than an overly long crap series. I rather have a short awesome series rather than a long series that starts cool and turns to crap. (Inuyasha, Bleach...)
    That is a good point I suppose, but they (the staff on Avatar) have done so well considering how many episodes they have made. What I commend them for is that they didn't drag the series out to the point where it's not worth watching anymore. It is also quite apparent is that they take their time and think about what would be a good episode rather than filler. All in all, what I'm trying to say is that if they are going to do another season, it should be about either a past Avatar or a future one. As long as it has the appeal of the last seasons, then I'll definitely watch it.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • You could just condense all those responses into one post, you know.
    I think he knows this already, but he doesn't remember to.
    I know, it's a bad habit that I have and I'm trying to get over it for the convenience of everyone else.
  • I predict the Avatar wins and Iroh becomes the new Fire Lord with Zuko as his chosen successor.

Not sure if Katara marries Aang or Zuko though.
  • I predict the Avatar wins and Iroh becomes the new Fire Lord with Zuko as his chosen successor.

Not sure if Katara marries Aang or Zuko though.
    I won't spoil it for you, but if you're interested a young adult novelization of the ending has been shipped to book retailers. There are a few unscrupulous people who have read this book before its street date and posted spoilers on the interwebs. Serious Spoiler Business
  • Mega spoilers right there.
  • Sorry for the resurrect.

All this week (7/14) Nickelodeon is showing the 5 episodes that culminate in the the avatar movie on saturday. Just thought people would like to know.

7/14/2008: The Western Air Temple
    7/15/2008: The Firebending Masters
    7/16/2008: The Boiling Rock
    7/17/2008: The Southern Raiders
    7/18/2008: The Ember Island Players
    7/19/2008: Sozin's Comet
  • Technically the Boiling Rock is two (awesome) episodes, but I'm just happy its back.
  • I adore the show, and I cuddled with my plush Apa through my chemotherapy. He was my comfort when my husband wasn't available.
  • Any word on when the final DVD will be in stores? I've got camp this week so I set my DVR to record everything.
  • Ooooooh I can't wait for the "The Ember Island Players" episode. It looks hilarious.
  • Any word on when the final DVD will be in stores? I've got camp this week so I set my DVR to record everything.
    July 29th, I believe.
  • Sorry for the resurrect.

All this week (7/14) Nickelodeon is showing the 5 episodes that culminate in the the avatar movie on saturday. Just thought people would like to know.

7/14/2008: The Western Air Temple
    7/15/2008: The Firebending Masters
    7/16/2008: The Boiling Rock
    7/17/2008: The Southern Raiders
    7/18/2008: The Ember Island Players
    7/19/2008: Sozin's Comet
    Wow. I have a reason to dust off the TV!
  • I followed the series on Nickelodeon, or tried too. The problem was, that Nick was too bus selling themselves with there Slime Time crap. So instead of sacrificing commercial time for it, like cartoon network, they just fucked around with the times the show started. They never followed the Cable Programming Guide, So when I recorded it on my DVR, I would only end up with some other show because they moved it to accommodate there extra stuff. So I gave up and eventually I will Just rent the whole thing at once, or pirate who damn thing to punish them, and watch it all.
  • or pirate who damn thing to punish them, and watch it all.
    After the finale this weekend, that will be an option.
  • Avatar seems to be on of the few true shows that deserves the rating for all audiences because both young and old can enjoy it. Its not like the watered down shit that has no benefit. I will go so far as to say this show is better than Naruto and I think it will get a lot of kids into anime.

I usually don't watch it consistently but if I see it I'll watch it but, seldom do I watch television. I think I'll watch the end of season 3 this weekend.
  • I will go so far as to say this show is better than Naruto and I think it will get a lot of kids into anime.
    That's not very far, is it?