This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What would you do without me?

edited August 2008 in Forum Stuff
I return, and I bring terrible retribution.

Comments

• i can't wait to escape form you,re hrorible jugdement with my trreible splleing and gramra.

:-p
  • I was starting to think you were in a comma. Get it? Get it?
  • I was starting to think you were in a comma. Get it? Get it?
    I call shenanigans! I already used this joke.
    I return, and I bring terrible retribution.
    I don't believe it's you. I think you're just some guy in a Mr. Period suit.
  • I don't believe it's you. I think you're just some guy in a Mr. Period suit.
    The effect is the same.
  • I don't believe it's you. I think you're just some guy in a Mr. Period suit.
    The effect is the same.
    Oh yeah? That guy in the Father Christmas suit wasn't able to get you a plane ticket out of England.
  • He has returned? Surely you can't be serious?
  • He has returned?
    No. It's not him. It's an imposter.
  • I haven't been struck down yet... I don't believe it was really him :-p
  • I don't think my parents ever tried telling me it was Santa. Being English and intelligent I knew that the presents I got were from my parents and I was thankful for what I got.
  • I haven't been struck down yet
    There is neither honor nor glory to be had in defeating swiftly those who are defeated trivially.
  • edited August 2008
    Ok, that has to be Rym or Scott, sane people don't speak like that..
    Can someone clarify for me whether it is incorrect grammar to put a comma before "and". If so, Mr. Period made the first mistake in this thread.
    Turns out the grammar community is split on it but the comma before and theory has it's merits.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited August 2008
    Ok, that has to be Rym or Scott, sane people don't speak like that..
    Thaed had stated a while back that he suspects either Rym or Scott to be Mr. Period.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I know, that phrase does clarify things somewhat.
  • Can someone clarify for me whether it is incorrect grammar to put a comma before "and". If so, Mr. Period made the first mistake in this thread.
    Turns out the grammar community is split on it but the comma before and theoryhas it's merits.
    We discussed this earlier.
  • There's an idea for a thursday show: "How to speak English properly".
  • There's an idea for a thursday show: "How to speak English properly".
    Go take an ESL class.
  • *trembles in fear before you*
  • Where the hell was he when we were building pyramids to defend against the troll? Why did you forsake us so?!
  • Well, he's here to help us rebuild the ivory tower that we destroyed in a week.
  • You mean the ivory pyramid?
  • Ok, that has to be Rym or Scott, sane people don't speak like that..
    I lean more towards Mr. Period being Rym. Mr. Period seems to have a similar personality.
  • I think Mr. Period is a member of the Front Row Crew, but I doubt it's Rym or Scott. Perhaps he/she is Batman? A masked vigilante, looking out for truth, justice, and spelling. Mr. Period is obviously American, as he/she spells words funnily.
  • Why do people care about Mr. Period's identity?
    YOU'RE MR. PERIOD!!!
    I don't care about his identity. I just don't think he exists. Has anyone actually seen Mr. Period? Has anyone actually spoken to Mr. Period? There is no evidence to support his existence (other than someone pretending to be him), and so therefore I don't believe in him.
  • I agree with Joe and Mrs. MacRoss on the issue. And, no, I am not Mr. Period.
    I don't care about his identity. I just don't think he exists. Has anyone actually seen Mr. Period? Has anyone actually spoken to Mr. Period? There is no evidence to support his existence (other than someone pretending to be him), and so therefore I don't believe in him.
    Have you ever spoken to me? Have you ever seen me? What proof do you have that I exist? Or Viga? or Mrs. MacRoss? Or One Sin? Sure, there's GeekChat, but how do you know that isn't an extremely well done voice synthesizer? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Requesting proof on the Internet will usually rapidly devolve into a Matrix argument, or Descartes for the truly hardcore.
  • Have you ever spoken to me? Have you ever seen me? What proof do you have that I exist? Or Viga? or Mrs. MacRoss? Or One Sin? Sure, there's GeekChat, but how do you know that isn't an extremely well done voice synthesizer? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?
  • edited August 2008
    Have you ever spoken to me? Have you ever seen me? What proof do you have that I exist? Or Viga? or Mrs. MacRoss? Or One Sin? Sure, there's GeekChat, but how do you know that isn't an extremely well done voice synthesizer? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?
    Fixed. You can dream Vigos.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • What proof do you have that I exist? Or Viga? or Mrs. MacRoss? Or One Sin? Sure, there's GeekChat, but how do you know that isn't an extremely well done voice synthesizer? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? Requesting proof on the Internet will usually rapidly devolve into a Matrix argument, or Descartes for the truly hardcore.
    Actually, I met Viga and Hungry Joe in person at Otakon.