This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Netflix Watch It Now

Comments

• So I'm curious, are there any other series that are on par with Trigun and Cowboy Bebop in terms of storytelling?
    Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex is one that comes to mind.
    Nice! It's on Instant Netflix. Thanks!
  • Nice! It's on Instant Netflix. Thanks!
    The original movie & remake are also available to watch as well. That's one anime that I have yet to watch but it's on my must see list.
  • Nice! It's on Instant Netflix. Thanks!
    Glad to be of service, as Ro said, the movie is on there as well, though I would say that you shouldn't judge one based on the other. The differences between the pacing and the overall tone are quite different.
  • Princess Tutu and Guin Saga both on Netflix. Don't know if dub...
  • Don't know if dub...
    There'd better be a dub. Though Princess Tutu the silent movie version could be interesting, but no. The characters must speak, so there must be a dub.
  • Star Trek: TNG is on the Instant watch list finally!
    And now my iPhone has found its purpose: providing me with reruns of Q and his snarkiness and shenanigans.
  • I know Scott has previously stated he didn't like Star Trek, but is there a possibility of doing something with it as a Thursday episode?
  • edited July 2011
    Saw episode one of the original Star Trek today.
    Post edited by progSHELL on
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
  • There was a morning in which all of my roommates and I were hung over and we turned on the TV and found that they were playing Power Rangers on some random channel and we completely forgot that we were hung over and became 5 years-old again as we watched our childhood. It was glorious.
  • So prices are going up soon.

People who have both streaming and 1-at-a-time DVDs will be paying $15.98/month.

I have no problem with this. I laugh at all the whiners who do have a problem with this and are making comments about cancelling their accounts and sticking with Red Box.

For how much I've consumed from Netflix Streaming and the sheer convenience of it, the increase is still a goddamn steal to me. It's also commercial free.

It somewhat angers me that people get this outraged at a $8/month increase when our Congress is at a halt with debt talks.
  • For how much I've consumed from Netflix Streaming and the sheer convenience of it, the increase is still a goddamn steal to me. It's also commercial free.
  • For how much I've consumed from Netflix Streaming and the sheer convenience of it, the increase is still a goddamn steal to me. It's also commercial free.
  • I also share my account with my boyfriend. So that's even more savings. I can stream Netflix on up to 6(?) different devices at no extra charge.

Still see a silver lining here.
  • edited July 2011
    Princess Tutu and Guin Saga both on Netflix. Don't know if dub...
    Princess Tutu's dubbed, but the dub is entirely watchable. I've just been watching it on Netflix, and it's quite good.

I also watched Eden of the East, and fucking love it.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Netflix Relief Fund. Please join together against the worst thing that has ever happened... to white people.
  • Fuck white people. What about us might-be people?
  • You pretty much have to check out the online version to see everything that' on there. Apparently not everything shows up in the main screen scroll (I use PS3). for example: I saw online that Pumpkin Scissors was on there. but it has never once shown up in the scroll.
  • The dub of Cowboy Bebop is very good. There is a real sense of Americana being communicated there. There may be that sense of Americana(or the Japanese impression of it) in the Japanese version, however, unless you speak fluent Japanese you probably will be missing out on that part of the show's "Flavor".

I'm sure the Japanese/sub only crowd will now flame me. But hey that's my opinion, fuck off. :)
  • I'm sure the Japanese/sub only crowd will now flame me. But hey that's my opinion, fuck off. :)
    Not here. That debate is beyond dead. People like both. Some dubs are good, some are bad. Meh.
  • All of Slayers is on NetFlix. It's dubbed, but the dub for Slayers is pretty good.
  • I like dubs for a reason I haven't heard much, which is: I'm usually drawing while I watch, so subs can be REALLY hard to follow. That being said: When I do actually get to sit down and watch a sub I really enjoy it.
  • edited August 2011
    I also watched Eden of the East, and fucking love it.
    The series was good, but the first movie (also on streaming) was pretty meh.
    Post edited by Matt on
  • This is going to sound shallow, but I started to watch Excel saga and had to turn it off due to the main characters constant shrieking. I'm sure I'll go back to it one day.
    I kind of enjoyed Morbito's first few eps. The other night I started writing a Voltron drinking game (Pidge squeals like a bitch = take a drink).
  • Excel Saga is a show that's great for a very small window of time when you first become an anime fan: you're just smart enough about anime to get all the references, but not smart enough to know that it's just kinda a random BS show.
  • Excel Saga is a show that's great for a very small window of time when you first become an anime fan: you're just smart enough about anime to get all the references, but not smart enough to know that it's just kinda a random BS show.
    Sonic had that recut of Excel Saga he was working on that was just the scenes with Pedro. I remember Pedro Saga being the shit.
  • edited August 2011
    You pretty much have to check out the online version to see everything that' on there. Apparently not everything shows up in the main screen scroll (I use PS3). for example: I saw online that Pumpkin Scissors was on there. but it has never once shown up in the scroll.
    On the PS3 Netflix main menu, hit the Triangle button. Punch in what you want to find. Not so good for discovering new things, but if you are looking for something, it will let you know if it's on there.

Also, Home Movies complete series FTW.
    Post edited by Byron on
  • Bryan: Yeah they need to work on that, but it is better than the X-Box interface in my opinion. Another option to view more titles is to play somethingyou wouldn't normally watch and it will make a "Like" line that will sometimes lead you to new videos.
  • All of Mad Men is on Instant Streaming...