This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What movie have you seen recently?

Comments

• Despite dire warnings to the contrary, I watched Cool World. Twice. Just because I couldn't believe it the first time.
    See what comes of not listening to Paul Chapman?
  • That makes me want to see Tutu more.
    You will like Princess Tutu. It goes off the deep end pretty rapidly, levels off, then descends a few more times before exploding. It's a very satisfying show.
  • Despite dire warnings to the contrary, I watched Cool World. Twice. Just because I couldn't believe it the first time.
    I remember liking that movie way back when.
    I remember liking that movie way back when.
    So what. I remember liking He-Man.
  • So what. I remember liking He-Man.
    Yes, and I'm always torn as to whether or not I should find out if I was right, or leave my pleasant memories intact.

But really, Cool World was that bad?
  • Yes, that movie can suck a dick
  • The He-man movie is pretty fun though :-p
  • Are you sure you want to watch Ebola Syndrome? Are you really sure?
    I am this sure:

• I am this sure:
    Then you are already dead.
  • I just watch The Green Hornet, and I can give it my certificate of Awesome!
    Don't trust the trailers :O
  • True Grit was worth a watch.
  • Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is either a set designers wet dream or worst nightmare.
    Green Hornet is very enjoyable.
  • Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs was cute, but the whole time I couldn't stop thinking about how that food technology could be used to end world hunger, and yet nobody in the entire movie ever brought up that possibility. I mean, I know it's a kid's movie and all, but still!
  • Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballswas cute, but the whole time I couldn't stop thinking about how that food technology could be used to end world hunger, and yet nobody in the entire movie ever brought up that possibility. I mean, I know it's a kid's movie and all, but still!
    There is something about the art design of that movie that makes it completely unappealing to me. I can't quite put my finger on what it is, though.
  • edited January 2011
    True Grit is, despite being directed by the Cohen brothers, is not really a Cohen brothers movie except for three reasons.
    1. A distinctive color palette.
    2. All scenes of violence are directed like horror scenes (Reminicant of their time working under Sam Raimi)
    3. Kind of a weak (read: a little rushed) ending.
    Overall, a great movie that more or less sticks to Western movie conventions. Really fun, great proformances, good cinematography, overall good directing. Good to see the Cohens are capable of directing a good "normal" movie.
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mindis either a set designers wet dream or worst nightmare.
    Green Hornetis very enjoyable.
    Did you decide to watch these because they have the same director?
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • I just saw GANTZ live action in the theaters, and all I have to say is that it can only be enjoyed if you are watching with friends. If you were by yourself, you wasted $10.
  • Did you decide to watch these because they have the same director?
    No, I just watched a bunch of movies recently and didn't make separate posts.
  • I just saw GANTZ live action in the theaters, and all I have to say is that it can only be enjoyed if you are watching with friends. If you were by yourself, you wasted $10.
    I've heard it compared to a Kidz Bop (or whatever those things where a bunch of kids scream along to a popular song with all the swear words/emotion stripped out) version of Gantz. Can you confirm or deny?
    I've heard it compared to a Kidz Bop (or whatever those things where a bunch of kids scream along to a popular song with all the swear words/emotion stripped out) version of Gantz. Can you confirm or deny?
    I'm not sure GANTZ is GANTZ without excessive swearing and mutilated naked ladies. Could be wrong, though.
  • I'm not sure GANTZ is GANTZ without excessive swearing and mutilated naked ladies. Could be wrong, though.
    Gantz didn't originally have any swearing yknow.
  • I'm not sure GANTZ is GANTZ without excessive ultra-violence and mutilated naked ladies. Could be wrong, though.
    FIFY
  • edited January 2011
    Movie time, and again I have no clue what I'll watch, so I'll let you guys choose. All available options are in this Google Doc. Choose any movie with a yellow background. However, the film must be at most 2 hours long.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • City of God.
  • However, the film must be at most 2 hours long.
    Good fucking luck trying to find one on that list. "Hey guys, I want a drink, but can we avoid anything that's a liquid?"
  • edited January 2011
    DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT DAS BOOT

EDIT: I thought you said "at least two hours long." Go with M. 117 minutes. Absolutely fucking terrific.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I watched the latest Black Lagoon OVA, that counts as a movie, sorta.

It was super sexy.
  • I watched "The Other Guys" on the plane last night. It was not a good movie by any stretch of the imagination, but I did burst out laughing many times.
  • I watched two films over the past two days that I've really enjoyed.

The Town was amazing. Great action and intense. Way to go Ben Affleck, keep this directing train going. It's a wonderfully crafted film in every aspect and a very good last film for Pete Postlethwaite.

Barry Munday was a really pleasant surprise that I heard about from South by Southwest. And I was very satisfied watching it. You think it's going to be just a depressing indie comedy, but the way the characters develop and the way it ends is funny and heartwarming. Also, for a small film, it had a rather large number of popular actors/addresses.
  • edited January 2011
    The two Godfather movies and their epilogue.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest