This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

All bow before Akinator, the Web Genius!

edited January 2010 in Everything Else
http://us.akinator.com/

No use derailing the other thread so much.

I just tried Pedobear and it got it within 14 questions("Is your character from the Internet? Is your character a bear? Has your character ever been accused of being a pedophile?").

Comments

• Is your character from the Internet?
    I enjoy the fact that a question like this can even exist.
  • edited January 2010
    Seto Kaiba from Yu-Gi-Oh!

Does your character have brown hair? Is your character rich? (Knew he had it here) Does your character play card games?

Edit:
    Okay, I am flabbergasted. I thought of Exodia, also from Yu-Gi-Oh!
    The only correct things were from an Anime, Not a human, orange...Seriously, this program kicks butt.
    Post edited by Axel on
  • Yeah, this is way too much fun and frustrating trying to stump it.
  • Yeah, this is way too much fun and frustrating trying to stump it.
    I have a few times, but I think I'm making it smarter...
  • I have a few times, but I think I'm making it smarter...
    That's how it works. This thing is gonna be Skynet.
  • edited January 2010
    The picture for Satan is hilarious.

edit: This is scary. Hal Incandenza? On the first try? Come on!
    Post edited by Koholint on
  • Wow, he got Anasurimbor Kellhus.
  • edited January 2010
    It suprised me and got hei, from darker than black, after 20 and it was giving no sign it was on the right track.
    It didn't get Kelhus after 30; got Mal at 18, after like 8 very leading questions.
    It's quite amusing.

Edit: It got Kelhus after 40 this time.
    Post edited by Shiam on
  • Oh Akinator. 4chan has been feeding him knowledge for months. The chances you think up a unique character are nigh 0. So I'll give you guys a challenge. Show me a picture of Akinator's Mom.

I'll laugh in your face if you show me a picture of Akinator's Mother.
  • I guessed, our lord, the Great Flying Spaghetti Monster. And it guessed right... Maybe I'm not being original enough.
  • But he couldn't get Drusas Achamian when I tried.
  • Show me a picture of Akinator's Mom.
  • Oh Akinator. 4chan has been feeding him knowledge for months. The chances you think up a unique character are nigh 0. So I'll give you guys a challenge. Show me a picture of Akinator's Mom.

I'll laugh in your face if you show me a picture of Akinator's Mother.
    He didn't know "Rym", and while "Daryl Surat" was in his database, he didn't guess him after three guesses.
    Didn't guess Arlecchino.
  • Stumped it with Nävis from Sillage, a French sci-fi comic.
  • edited January 2010
    I made it guess Reborn from Hitman reborn!

EDIt: HOLY MOTHER OF SATAN! It got Utena in less than 15 questions.
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • The trick is to not choose the main character of whatever work you're thinking of.
  • It took two tries to guess Hank The Cowdog.
    edited January 2010
    /me laughs at Sail.
    You failed. Read again. That is his Mother, not his Mom.
    Post edited by ... on
  • I was doing thinking of trying to make Akinator guess Scott Rubin and got to the question "Is your character gay?" and didn't know how to answer.
  • Stumped it twice in a row with Les Hiddens(the Bush Tucker man) and Leo Laporte
    edited January 2010
    Stumped it twice in a row with Les Hiddens(the Bush Tucker man) and Leo Laporte
    Trivial to foolbeat him. Just keep hitting 'no'.
    Post edited by ... on
  • edited January 2010
    /me laughs at Sail.
    You failed. Read again. That is his Mother, not his Mom.
    I believe that for most people, their mother and their mom are one in the same. Is this not the case for you?
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I believe that for most people, their mother and their mom are one in the same. I suppose this isn't the case for you?
    Or he's claiming victory based on specific wording.
  • Trivial to fool him. Just keep hitting 'no'.
    I'm not trying to fool it, I'm just thinking of people, and seeing if it can guess. And it's not like these people are terribly obscure.
  • I stumped him with "Boston Blackie" the old time radio character but it was able to figure out "Guybrush Threepwood" within the first 20 questions which impressed me.
  • edited January 2010
    I believe that for most people, their mother and their mom are one in the same. I suppose this isn't the case for you?
    Or he's claiming victory based on specific wording.
    He is, but that would imply that a mother is not also a mom.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Alan Turing fooled it. I love irony.
  • edited January 2010
    It got the Vault Dweller from Fallout, which is funny considering how blank-slate that "character" is.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • Alan Turing fooled it. I love irony.
    That is funny.