This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

All bow before Akinator, the Web Genius!

Comments

• He got every David Lynch, Werner Herzog, and Jim Jarmusch thing I thought of...the filmmaker was fanboying and squeeing inside :P
  • Jeremy and I are having way too much fun with this.

Akinator guessed Star Wars Kid in 19 questions, and Kryten (Red Dwarf) in 12. Damn you, Akinator!
    edited January 2010
    I believe that for most people, their mother and their mom are one in the same. Is this not the case for you?
    This is not the case for Akinator. He's not even a person so your comment doesn't go for him. I have had him answer with Akinator's Mom AND Akinator's Mother. Two completely different things according to him, with completely different pictures. If it was so stupidly easy to get the picture of Akinator's Mom I wouldn't have put up the challenge, now would I? I'm saddened you think I'm that stupid Sail. That you lot already start to accuse me of 'specific wording' and 'claiming victory', neither of which is the case, is also quite pathetic. Go play, I don't force you to take the challenge. But I will laugh at you as I said invisibly in my initial post.

EDIT:
    Alan Turing fooled it. I love irony.
    You just screwed up. He got him on the first guess three times in a row now. Nothing 'irony', you're just giving wrong information.
    Post edited by ... on
  • edited January 2010
    It took 47 questions to get Fletch. That's the furthest I've been able to press it.

EDIT: I stumped it using Sam Gribley (from My Side of the Mountain).
    Post edited by Jason on
  • edited January 2010
    /me laughs at Sail.
    You failed. Read again. That is his Mother, not his Mom.
    So invisible, that you can read it right on the page.

Edit - I also stumped it one time with Alan Turing, the second time, It was the third guess, and the third time, it was the first guess. Every time, I was checking to make sure it was correct. It's not a matter of wrong information, it's a matter of wrong questions.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Stumped it with Poshul from Chrono Cross. It gave me three other video game dogs (including Half-Life 2's Dog) before admitting defeat.
  • Frank...the Bunny...wow
  • I stumped it with Beefy.
  • It couldn't get Thomas Mondragon from Merovingen Nights. It kept guessing that it was my own character or my own RPG character. I think it was stumped because the character is not from a novel...he is from a series of anthologies, which is technically not a novel. Also, those books have been out of print for freaking ever, so it might not even be in there.
  • edited January 2010
    It got Lynn Minmay correctly.

When I went for Spider-Man 2099, I got Thor, then Rorschach, then Hank Pym, then DarkHawk.

Scarily enough, it got Gabe from Penny Arcade.

It guess Kaiji incorrectly before correctly guessing Black Jack.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited January 2010
    I stumped it with Ezra the Hitchhiking Ghost from the Haunted Mansion, Marc Davis, Daryl Surat, and Harvey Greer from the Surrogates.

Wow, it got Error.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Randall Munroe...in one go...without me being asked if he made comics.
  • Grand Moff Tarkin was guessed with no trouble.
  • Got Astroboy in eleven.
  • It got Duke Togo on the second try and Kenshiro on the first try.

ATATATATATA!

Unable to find Cub of Lone Wolf &
  • Touga!

I've only once had it have to guess more than once.
  • It's a relatively simple example of a neural network with reinforcement learning. It's amazing what it's capable of when subjected to enough training.
  • Wow, it got Error.
    Seriously? I gotta try this one.
  • First time around, it took 3 tries to get David Lister (from Red Dwarf if some of you heathens don't know). The funny thing is that its first guess was Rimmer.
  • Brisco County Jr. on first guess.
  • He guessed himself on the first try as well.
  • He guessed himself on the first try as well.
    It's nice to see that someone else tried this as well.
  • Took him two tries, but...
    Akinator wins, forever....
  • edited January 2010
    It failed on "devious" Diesel, my favourite Thomas the Tank Engine character (not to be confused with Diesel 10).
    Your worthy Sir Topham Hatt thinks I need to learn. He is mistaken. We diesels don't need to learn, we know everything. We come to a yard and improve it. We are revolutionary!
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I beat him with Chu Chu from Utena.
  • Let's get Geofino into its memory ^_~
  • Fred Phelps first go, and I can't even imagine how.
  • I was pretty amazed when he got Cheburashka within 20.
  • It got Airman, but guessed Skeletor first.
  • edited January 2010
    It got Billy Blaze from Commander Keen first hit after 12 questions. That's ridiculous.
    Post edited by Farragar on