This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Beautification: Products. Recommendations. Comments. Questions.

Comments

• Well, you take a razor and shave all the hair off your head. Then you can use LOLshampoo.
    I use actual shampoo just to remove oil from my head, since water doesn't do that on its own. Also, I don't shave off the hairs completely. They're just very short. Really short hairs still need cleaning.
  • I like eye liner on girls. Hate lipstick, however like lip gloss.
  • edited December 2011
    I especially like Burts Bees for lip balm
    Holy hell, Burt's Bees chapstick is fucking awesome
    I love the idea of Burts Bees as a brand; however, their products make me break out in hives and/or blemishes. I have freakishly sensitive skin.

As to Oogly Freddikus's comments about make-up, I used to have a similar issues. Now, I only wear make-up when I want to, which is usually social gatherings (not work, chores, errands, etc.) I like to "doll-up" for the people that would like me even if I looked like a poo stick. I feel safe to put on make-up because I wouldn't be judged either way and I happen to like how I look cosmetics. Most days for work (other than seeing to my overall cleanliness) I put on my moisturizer and just quickly blow-dry my hair. I will start putting on make-up for work as soon as my male co-workers start wearing make-up. Until then, they will have to deal with well dressed and tidy.

Can anyone recommend a line of perfumes? I really like some the Jo Malone scents, but they are hard to come by in the States other than online (and purchasing a scent online without testing it is less than ideal).
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • My skin is tough as, but Burt's Bees still makes me break out. Carmex doesn't.

Also; gentlemen, obtain this product: King of Shaves Alpha Oil. I always get devastating razor burn due to the coarseness of my beard. I put on three drops of this and rubbed it into my beard before lathering up the other day, and sweet zombies, my face is baby-butt smooth without the slightest hint of razor burn. You can even shave with just the oil!
  • Well, you take a razor and shave all the hair off your head. Then you can use LOLshampoo.
    I use actual shampoo just to remove oil from my head, since water doesn't do that on its own. Also, I don't shave off the hairs completely. They're just very short. Really short hairs still need cleaning.
    Adam uses the HeadBlade and HeadSlick Shave Cream, so shampoo isn't really necessary. They also make a HeadShed (to exfoliate), HeadWash, and HeadLubes in glossy and matte finishes.

• Just found Pine/Ginseng Kiss My Face bodywash. OMFG. I am in heaven.
  • Curse you and your not-so-sensitive skin T_T
  • edited December 2011
    Andrew, I tried that mouthwash. It's really, really good. It mainly tastes like anise, with a little cinnamon and other stuff in there. I recommend it.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • anise
    No.
    Sambuca.
  • anise
    No.
    Sambuca.
    Double no.

• I bought some Burt's Beeswax Deodorant yesterday. It's actually quite nice.
  • Haters gonna hate.

That being said, I pretty much dislike any other form of licorice/anise. Disagreers gonna disagree?
  • Salmiakki...Aww yis.
    I like licorice. Why do so many people hate it?
  • Salmiakki...Aww yis.
    They're babies.

• edited December 2011
    I like Liquorice(and liquor-ice, but that's a different story) but I'm just not fond of Anise or liquorice flavor drinks, just not my thing, I suppose. Salmiakki...depends. The regular just-salt one is alright, though not my first pick for a treat. The Ammonium chloride ones, that's just straight up wrongness in bite sized pieces, it tastes like sucking on a styptic pencil.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I like Liquorice(and liquor-ice, but that's a different story) but I'm just not fond of Anise or liquorice flavor drinks, just not my thing, I suppose.
    Not even absinthe, then?

• I like Liquorice(and liquor-ice, but that's a different story) but I'm just not fond of Anise or liquorice flavor drinks, just not my thing, I suppose.
    Not even absinthe, then?
    Depends on the Brand and how you're taking it. There are brands which taste like good liquorice when louched, and there are brands that just taste like burning with a hint of anise, no matter what you do to them.

• edited December 2011
    Salmiakki...Aww yis.
    They're babies.
    If that is the case, I say ga-ga-goo-goo to you, Sir.

On the actual topic of the thread, can anyone recommend a chip resistant nail polish?

Post edited by Kate Monster on
    Not even absinthe, then?
    Depends on the Brand and how you're taking it. There are brands which taste like good liquorice when louched, and there are brands that just taste like burning with a hint of anise, no matter what you do to them.

Fact. Lucid is pretty good, but too expensive for what it is. St. George from California is excellent. I'm trying to get my hands on a bottle of La Fée Absinthe X•S Française, which is distinct from their NV product, a low-ABV party absinthe.

• I especially like Burts Bees for lip balm
    Holy hell, Burt's Bees chapstick is fucking awesome
    I love the idea of Burts Bees as a brand; however, their products make me break out in hives
    Well, to be fair, they are bees.
  • edited March 2012
    Fun with makeup day 1. 2 different simple eye styles. Debating the idea of eye rhinestones for PAX. Can't wait til my tightlining cake and brush get delivered! Eye makeup is fun!

Post edited by Nuri on
  • edited March 2012
    Aww I can't see the pic :(

In other news, my favorite makeup line is having a 20% off sale: urbandecay.com
    I am totally buying tons more makeup for PAX, woo!
    Post edited by Lyddi on
  • I fix.
  • edited March 2012
    Fun with makeup day 1. 2 different simple eye styles. Debating the idea of eye rhinestones for PAX. Can't wait til my tightlining cake and brush get delivered! Eye makeup is fun!

AHHH...I mean it looks nice >_>
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • I've been growing out my eyebrows for over a month now. It's so hard to resist the temptation to pluck the mofos when I look in the mirror. I plan on getting them professionally threaded very soon.

I plan on going to Sephora to restock on my makeup as well as pick up new eye shadows that go with my outfit.

@Nuri, looking nice.
  • Yeah I just spent like $70 in Amazon credit on makeup this weekend. I can't walk into Sephora without clamping my hand over my nose, and the women at our local one are bitches. I go to MAC for the service, but then I end up dropping like $200. So instead I picked out what I wanted and ordered it online.

BUT it is a good investment because pretty eyes! And it lasts a long time.
  • Ulta is pretty good, too! They have all the fancy brands. I like to check out the clearance isle bc sometimes fancy brands end up there.
  • At first I was very nervous walking into Sephora, because I dress like such a tomboy and not like most of the women who go shopping there. However, the people there made me feel welcome and not insecure.

I still get insecure from time to time, but then I realize I'm a paying customer and they want my business.

I honestly just need more tips on applying eyeshadow with the shape and contours of my eyes.
  • I honestly just need more tips on applying eyeshadow with the shape and contours of my eyes.
    Have you tried searching the web? There are lots of tutorials and videos on not just techniques, but which techniques to use for which eye shapes.