This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Steven Universe (and general Cartoon Network chat)

Comments

• edited August 2015
    Daikun said:

Come on Chuba. I need to hear what Victor thinks about Steven Universe. There's no other place on the internet for me to find that information.

Ahem...

I've watched those Vic does a great job on them. But it really is nice hearing or watching two people express their opinion about the thing you like. So basically Vic needs a co-host.

Yes. The back and forth that Churba and I have built over the years is pretty good and makes for funny/good radio. Also, thank you!

EDIT: Oh, yeah, so I started writing that fanfiction I had to do as a late video punishment. I'd appreciate any feedback as writing fiction is a bit out of my comfort zone.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I've watched all available SU and would be happy and eager to discuss it on anyone's podcast.
    Victor, Judith, Rym, etc.
  • I, too, would like to talk about this show.
  • I've watched all available SU and would be happy and eager to discuss it on anyone's podcast.
    Victor, Judith, Rym, etc.

Rochelle said:

I, too, would like to talk about this show.

Tomorrow night?
  • I'd love to join as well. Steven Universe and Rick and Morty are on whole other planes of outstanding quality.
  • edited August 2015
    I'd offer to join as well but at this point I think it's beyond critical mass, and what would I even.

BUT, maybe SUU can have some occasional guest-chat videos where a few people from across the fandom chat about whatever topic. I'm sure plenty of people would get into that.
    Post edited by SWATrous on
  • I'll hold off until I write a Steven Universe game.

I'll talk to you next week then. :P
  • Sorry ATW9K tonight, but I would so rather talk about SU over the shitty movie we're taking about.
  • Tonight is no good. Packing, preparing for trip to NYC Friday, and away this weekend. Didn't we go over this already on Facebook messenger? ;)
  • Checked out Star vs. The Forces of Evil. 10-ish minute episodes. I like some of the things they are doing animation wise, and some of the gags are amusing-to-funny level, but it seems to be a bit on the superficial side. Can't decide if I want to give it more time or not.

Also watched We Bare Bears. Amusing, some good humor, but again, I'm not sure if I'm really all in on this one either.

After 1 episode (2 x 10 minutes) each, both shows seem okay, but only okay.
  • Star vs. The Forces of Evil has some good traits but I think if you aren't into it by the fourth episode it will not be your flavor.

I actually didn't expect to enjoy We Bare Bears, and didn't much really, until the episode "Burrito." If they make more like that one I will definitely keep up with it.
  • There seems to be some confusion over whether Season 2 starts at episode 50 or 53. Any ideas?
  • I thought it was 53
  • When do new episodes come out?
  • September
  • Probably gonna be mid-Sept at this rate. And then maybe it'll be a weekly thing for a good long while so we can sustain.
  • So I just shotgunned the whole show in under a week.

I want more.

I want more.

Don't we all.
    If you want something to watch, I recommend you watch my show. Now, this is self promotion, but it's shameless because people who like Steven U have commented that this show has made them enjoy Steven U even more.

I want more.

Don't we all.
    If you want something to watch, I recommend you watch my show. Now, this is self promotion, but it's shameless because people who like Steven U have commented that this show has made them enjoy Steven U even more.
    Can confirm.
  • edited August 2015
    4chan's /sug/ has made me enjoy Steven U more, but YMMV

I mean, not really, but; I mean, yes. Of course.

I will say I think Victor's SUU is also good and also helps us enjoy the show more. But, if I say it quietly, can I admit to skipping the fan-fic reviews? There aren't many fucks I can afford to give about fan-fic and their reviews. It's kindof cool they're part of the show, but, my worldview just kinda jumbles fan-fic into one of the 'thats' I ain't got time fo'
  • Who is the "her" in the you do it for her/him song? Is it Pearl talking about how she'd do it for Rose?
  • Pegu said:

Who is the "her" in the you do it for her/him song? Is it Pearl talking about how she'd do it for Rose?

She says that explicitly near the end of the episode.
  • Pegu said:

Who is the "her" in the you do it for her/him song? Is it Pearl talking about how she'd do it for Rose?

She says that explicitly near the end of the episode.
    The way that line was delivered gave me goosebumps
  • I don't know why I didn't expect this, but apparently people have made MikuMikuDance models of characters from Steven U. Predictably, this leads to things like this existing.

• edited August 2015
    That's pretty cool.

Post edited by Pegu on
  • edited August 2015
    That actually is a pretty cool thing, the models are well done.

Birdmom is still mostly Birdmom even.
  • edited August 2015
    So just because I'm awake to do it, for those who aren't on the up-n-up, here's the extended intro in all its HD swagness: