This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

2016 Presidential Election

Comments

• Starfox said:

Steve, to be honest, your whole post reads a little crazy.

HMTKSteve said:

fear of a second Clinton impeachment might keep her from doing stupid things.

First, what does Bill Clinton's impeachment have to do with this? Second, exactly what kind of stupid things are you imagining? Maybe starting two foreign wars costing $3 trillion+?
    *shrug* I think the idea is to impeach Hillary over Benghazi to disqualify her from holding office.
  • http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/269767-susan-sarandon-its-so-insulting-asking-women-to-vote-their

Second Clinton impeachment: Republicans would LOVE to impeach her when she becomes President. If they have enough members in the Legislature they will use the first opportunity to do so.
  • Steve, you're not making any sense. Susan Sarandon is not affiliated with the Clinton campaign. Do you have a source on anyone from the Clinton campaign making a statement that even remotely resembles "I have a vagina, you have a vagina. Vaginas must stick together so if a vagina owner does not vote for me you are a traitor to your gender"?

Impeachment - I get Republicans would like to impeach her. But why say "the second one"? What does that have to do with anything? It feels like grasping at straws. "She's so bad, she, uh... well her husband was impeached! She could do bad stuff too!"
  • edited October 2016
    [quote]Sarandon made the comments after former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright, a Clinton supporter, sparked controversy earlier this month for saying “there’s a special place in hell for women who don’t support each other.” [\quote]

Second as in second time a Clinton would be impeached.
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • This is just my own personal speculation here, but maybe Bernie's rallies didn't get much media coverage because the size of the rally doesn't mean anything and, as the primaries obviously showed, isn't representative of the outcome.

Now, you could come back and question why Trump's rallies were covered when Bernie's weren't. Fair point. Again, this is just my opinion, but it wasn't the size of Trumps rallies that caused the media to cover them, it was what Trump was saying and what happened during them. By contrast, Bernie may have been a "revolutionary," but he wasn't mocking disabled reporters, he wasn't threatening to beat people up, people in his audience weren't punching fellow rally attendees. And most importantly, and maybe this is a chicken/egg scenario, Bernie Sanders was not attracting new people to his coalition of voters.

Additionally, Trump sucked up so much media coverage that really no one else got much coverage in comparison.

To say that there was a media conspiracy because Bernie Sander's rallies weren't covered as much as Trump's is to not understand why Trump gets so much media coverage to begin with.
  • HMTKSteve said:

[quote]Sarandon made the comments after former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright, a Clinton supporter, sparked controversy earlier this month for saying “there’s a special place in hell for women who don’t support each other.” [\quote]

Alright, so another person not in the Clinton campaign. Do you anything to support your earlier comment?
  • edited October 2016
    Random thought but you know "I'm with her" probably isn't the best campaign slogan, especially with the arrow, because it really just seems like the "I'm with Stupid" T shirt and I wouldn't really want that association.
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • Man, forget Overwatch, let's play that!
  • Man, forget Overwatch, let's play that!

I'm in.
  • I see I opened the commentary on trump's policies early with the first words in the game recording being "There's a wall there. Fuck off, wall."
  • Following the theme:

• That doesn't seem accurate. Why is Trump paying a person for doing a job he hired them for?
  • The reddit thread: https://m.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/57f2bc/trump_is_a_hanzo_main/d8rlxy9?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=false

This comment:
    "Now let me tell you right off the bat I'm a winner. I win. Big League. Its tremendous, my ranking, just phenomenal. I've talked to a lot of people, a lot of teams, they tell me "Trump, you're carrying", they do, they tell me I carry them, I carry the whole game. I win. And I main Hanzo."
  • The election has devolved into Internet Memes, can the rest of civilization be far behind?
  • edited October 2016
    Post edited by Daikun on
  • Star attorney Gloria Allred and a former Apprentice contestant named Summer Zervos held a press conference today detailing multiple sexual advance by Trump on Zervos. That guy is seriously a rapist, or at least an attempted one.

Also, has anybody noticed that the first thing Trump does when attempting to downplay these new allegation is call the woman in question ugly?
  • Oh yeah, and the New York Post and the Trump camp put forward a "witness" to discredit the claim about Trumps advance on the woman in the 1980 flight. I don't want to clickbait, but it is too ridiculous to believe who this "witness" is.
  • edited October 2016
    The Headquarters of the Republican party in Orange County, North Carolina (not California) was firebombed. Thankfully nobody was hurt and there was only property damage. This is of course still terrible and should be roundly condemned and the perpetrators should be brought to justice.

However, what is interesting to me is the reaction of the major party candidates. Hillary Clinton condemned the attack and was thankful that nobody was hurt.

"The attack on the Orange County HQ @NCGOP office is horrific and unacceptable. Very grateful that everyone is safe."

Donald Trump on the other hand immediately dished out blame without any evidence and used it as a political attack.

"Animals representing Hillary Clinton and Dems in North Carolina just firebombed our office in Orange County because we are winning @NCGOP"
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • And now Twitter Democrats are pushing a campaign to give the NC office a whole bunch of money, as though the GOP will see that and decide "Hey, let's not use this as a narrative to garner sympathy votes against the Democrats."

But of course, radical alt-righters spurred on by Trump burn down a mosque and Twitter Democrats stay silent.
  • The reason why fact chairs are going so bananas is because anything that is unchecked is immediately and wholly believed by millions of very stupid people. The checkers have a shred of hope left that some of them may not be so dumb as to let a flagrant lie just slide on through.
  • Watching the final debate right now. Trump makes me want to tear my hair out. What a lying sack of bullshit and idiocy Ugh.
  • More than anything I'm just getting tired of the way he drones on with his stream of consciousness and not saying anything. Then just bashing on Hilary with dubious reasoning. Okay we get it you don't like her. Maybe you should answer a fucking question
  • I think the closing statements were the best summation of these campaigns. Paraphrase:

Clinton: "I have experience. I am qualified. I have support of knowledgeable people."
    Trump: "The world is turning to shit. Vote for me."