This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

2016 Presidential Election

1103104105106107109»

Comments

• Wyatt said:

What about the ability to override the unpopular vote? That's the part I want to see.

Does that really help? If we're so fucked that we elect President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho via popular vote, then I'm Not Sure we can be saved via the EC.
  • edited November 2016
    “One of Clinton’s strategies was to appeal to moderate Republican women by showing how disgusting Trump is,” Joe Dinkin of the Working Families Party, a left-wing party that endorsed Sanders in the primaries but worked for Clinton in the general election, told me. But, he said, “being a Republican voter means already having come to terms with voting for disgusting racists and sexists sometimes.”
    The money quote.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/why-hillary-clinton-lost/507704/
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • SWATrous said:

Wyatt said:

What about the ability to override the unpopular vote? That's the part I want to see.

Does that really help? If we're so fucked that we elect President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho via popular vote, then I'm Not Sure we can be saved via the EC.
    Honestly, I'd take President Camacho over Trump. Camacho knew things were fucked and tried to get the smartest guy on earth to fix things. Trump, I'm just expecting him to (literally) loot the office for all it's worth.
  • My last sliver of hope is that the Electoral College actually does the thing they were created for (but which wouldn't be necessary if they didn't exist).
  • HMTKSteve said:

“One of Clinton’s strategies was to appeal to moderate Republican women by showing how disgusting Trump is,” Joe Dinkin of the Working Families Party, a left-wing party that endorsed Sanders in the primaries but worked for Clinton in the general election, told me. But, he said, “being a Republican voter means already having come to terms with voting for disgusting racists and sexists sometimes.”
    The money quote.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/why-hillary-clinton-lost/507704/

Yea this has born out with a lot of the post election conversations I had with people who voted Trump but were not completely off their rocker.