This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Atomic Trivia War 9000: The Podcast: The Game

Comments

• Why I understand why you didn't use some of the pictures I sent you (I really did just choose them to make it hard), I'm somewhat disappointed that you didn't use the Country Trio, as they were Muppet versions of Jim Henson, Frank Oz, and Jerry Nelson.
  • Ahh, well that could have been my bonus trivia. Plus several of them have more than one Muppet in them, so that's more than enough Muppets already.
  • What the hell is 11F? Did they introduce another member of the Electric Mayhem in the 90's show that I didn't watch, or are you just messing with me?
  • No, he's an additional band member. He was in several of the 80's movies as well as the show along with movies in the 90's.
  • Ro, good job sneaking the ponies in at the last second without anyone noticing.

• I've been sneaking in ponies every chance I get. It's like an Easter Egg for the listeners.
  • edited December 2011
    I on the other hand avoided ponies in my category. The alternative full name for that category was something like "Apsup's favorite cartoons (not including My Little Pony, because that's just too obvious)"

Also Biker Mice from Mars was pretty much my favorite show when I was something like 4. I have strong nostalgic memories associated with it, but I'm not sure if it would hold up in any manner (other than the fact that cyber-arm with laser gun is still awesome). So that's why it was there in the category.

Also Jason; Tove Jansson was a Swedish-Finnish, meaning that she was Swedish speaking Finn, not a Swedish.
    Post edited by Apsup on
  • Oh, someone has been noticing. And I've been choosing to punish Ro in various ways.

@Apsup: There's not a difference. Those things are the same things. You can't prove otherwise. And if you do, I refuse to believe it. :D
  • You've already have made fun of me and have exposed my dirty secret of once liking Twilight. You have told people there is a "Win A Date With Ro" contest.

Your punishment does not hurt me. You can't stop the signal of pony love. I will think of more clever ways that you will be unaware of!
  • Keep going, and I'll name a contest winner.
  • edited December 2011
    Meh. Empty threats. Nothing will come of it if you announce a winner.

You will have to do A LOT more to embarrass me or make me feel worse when other people have miserably failed in the podcast.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited December 2011
    Your punishment does not hurt me. You can't stop the signal of pony love. I will think of more clever ways that you will be unaware of!
    Ro is going to love and tolerate the shit out of you.
    You will have to do A LOT more to embarrass me or make me feel worse when other people have miserably failed in the podcast.
    The trick is to just not have shame.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • The trick is to just not have shame.
    It's true, the way Ro handled being outed as such a huge twilight fan was most impressive in it's grace and ease. She even held her head up high about the Edward and Jacob Hug pillows.
  • Muppet Photo Friday answers:

1. Kermit the Frog
    2. Rowlf the Dog
    3. Fozzie Bear
    4. Miss Piggy
    5. Gonzo and Camilla
    6. Sam the Eagle
    7. The Swedish Chef
    8. Rizzo the Rat
    9. Sweetums
    10. Scooter
    11. The Electric Mayhem (Dr. Teeth, Janice, Floyd Pepper, Zoot, Animal, and Lips)
    12. Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker
    13. Crazy Harry
    14. Bean Bunny
    15. Robin the Frog
    16. Pepe the King Prawn
    17. Statler and Waldorf
    18. Clifford
    19. Beauregard
    20. Lew Zealand
    21. Bobo the Bear
    22. The Newsman
    23. Mahna Mahna and the Snowths
    24. Link Hogthrob

This week's: Photo Friday -- Smile For the Camera! Celebrity Mugshots

Name that celebrity by their glamorous mug shot!

Bonus: Which celebrities committed the following crimes:

1. Arrested in October 1978 while attempting to sell a large amount of cocaine to a Michigan undercover officer. Served about two years in federal prison following the bust.

2. Arrested in June 1995 by Hollywood police who caught him in the act with hooker Divine Brown. The actor pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor lewd conduct charge and was sentenced to two years probation, and ordered to pay a fine.

3. In March 1991, Kentucky cops charged him with arson and was accused of setting fire to a piece of carpet in a Louisville hotel. The celebrity boy band singer plead guilty to a reduced charge of criminal mischief.

Send your submissions to ro.rosaka@gmail.com. Deadline is next Thursday, 12/15/11, at 12AM PST. One winner will be randomly selected and given a shout-out on our next recording.
  • Celebrity Mugshot answers:

1. Lindsay Lohan
    2. Mel Gibson
    3. Andy Dick
    4. Bill Gates
    5. Yasmie Bleeth
    6. Charlie Sheen
    7. Katt Williams
    8. Flavor Flav
    9. Josh Brolin
    10. Shia LaBeouf
    11. Mickey Rourke
    12. Daniel Baldwin
    13. Chris Tucker
    14. Macaulay Culkin
    15. James Brown
    16. Nick Nolte
    17. Jaime Presley
    18. Dennis Hopper
    19. Rip Torn
    20. Hugh Grant
    21. Paul Reubens
    22. Tim Allen 78
    23. Carmen Electra
    24. Vanilla Ice
    25. Johnny Depp
    26. Keanu Reeves
    27. Heather Locklear
    28. Gary Coleman
    29. Jane Fonda
    30. George Clinton
    31. Axl Rose
    32. Donnie Wahlberg

Bonus:
    1. #22 Tim Allen
    2. #20 Hugh Grant
    3. #32 Donnie Wahlberg

This weeks Photo Friday: Part of a Complete Breakfast.

Name that cereal from each of the images provided.

Bonus: Provide the name of the mascots for #5, #6, and #24.

Send your submissions to ro.rosaka@gmail.com. Deadline is next Thursday, 12/12/11, at 12AM PST. One winner will be randomly selected and given a shout-out on our next recording.
  • Bonuses: 4: Snap Crackle and Pop
    5: Tony the Tiger
    24: Toucan Sam
  • edited December 2011
    Some of those are REALLY old boxes. Hell, I've seen ads for #21 (with that promotion) in my mom's comic books from when she was a kid in the '60s.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • Omar, this one's for you.

• edited December 2011
    Die Hard is totally a Christmas movie. It's all about the spirit of giving, as in John McClane gives all of the terrorists bullets out of the kindness of his heart.

Also, I'm going to argue that in the 12 Days of Christmas, the first day has two gifts as you're getting a partridge in a pear tree. So you're getting the partridge and the pear tree.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Die Hard is totally a Christmas movie. It's all about the spirit of giving, as in John McClane gives all of the terrorists bullets out of the kindness of his heart.

Also, I'm going to argue that in the 12 Days of Christmas, the first day has two gifts as you're getting a partridge in a pear tree. So you're getting the partridge and the pear tree.
    If you get a 500 piece puzzle, does it count like one gift, or 502?
  • Answers to Part of a Complete Breakfast:

1. Captain Crunch
    2. Cinnamon Toast Crunch
    3. Lucky Charms
    4. Cookie Crisp
    5. Cocoa Krispies
    6. Frosted Flakes
    7. Fruity Pebbles
    8. Honey Nut Cheerios
    9. Cocoa puffs
    10. Urkel-O's
    11. Apple Jacks
    12. Trix
    13. Honeycombs
    14. Corn Pops
    15. Kix
    16. Frosted Mini-Wheats
    17. Nintendo Cereal System
    18. Raisin Bran
    19. Honey Smacks
    20. Alpha-Bits
    21. Corn Flakes
    22. Nickelodeon Green Slime
    23. Count Chocola
    24. Froot Loops
    25. Golden Grahams
    26. Ghostbusters Cereal
    27. Reese's Puffs
    28. Honey BUnches of Oats
    29. Life
    30. Franken Berry
    31. Bill & Ted's Excellent Cereal
    32. Wheaties
    33. Rice Chex
    34. Teddy Grahams Cereal
    35. Total

This week: Photo Friday - Holiday Icons

Happy Hanuchristivus!

Provide the name of each iconic character from our favorite holiday movies and shows.

Bonus:

1. Many of these images and characters are created by a certain production company. What is their name?

Send your submissions to ro.rosaka@gmail.com. Deadline is next Thursday, 12/29/11, at 12AM PST. One winner will be randomly selected and given a shout-out on our next recording.

ATW9K wishes all our listeners and family at Simply Syndicated happy holidays and thank you for listening and participating in Photo Friday.
  • 1. Santa Claus
    2. Rudolph
    3. Frosty
    4. The Grinch
    5. Fuck! Why can't I remember your name?
    6. Little Drummer Boy?
    8. Satan?
    10. Heat Miser
    12. Mr. Hanky
    13. Snow Miser
    14. George Bailey
    15. Fuckin' elf guy!
    16. The Hebrew Hammer
    17. Ralphie
    18. Jack Skellington
    19. WTF Armadillo?
    20. Festivus Pole
    21. The woodcutter?
    23. Jack Frost
    24. John McClane
    26. Ebenezer Scrooge
    27. Kevin McAllister
    28. THE BUMBLE!

• 13 isn't Snow Meiser, that's Winter Warlock from Santa Clause Liberates Nazi-Ville. 21 isn't a woodcutter, he's a prospector, and 23 isn't Jack Frost, he IS Snow Meiser.
  • 13 isn't Snow Meiser, that's Winter Warlock from Santa Clause Liberates Nazi-Ville. 21 isn't a woodcutter, he's a prospector, and 23 isn't Jack Frost, he IS Snow Meiser.
    I fail.
  • Scott would have gotten mad points from me had he named five Constructicons.
  • edited January 2012
    Holiday Icon answers:

1. Santa Claus
    2. Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer
    3. Frosty the Snowman
    4. The Grinch
    5. Sam the Snowman
    6. Little Drummber Boy
    7. Whitey and Davey Stone (Eight Crazy Nights)
    8. Krampus
    9. Jack Frost
    10. Heat Miser
    11. Hannukkah Harry (SNL)
    12. Mr. Hankey The Christmas Poo (South Park)
    13. Winter Warlock
    14. George Bailey (It's a Wonderful Life)
    15. Hermey the elf
    16. The Hebrew Hammer : Mordechai Jefferson Carver
    17. Ralphie (Christmas Story)
    18. Jack Skellington
    19. Ross Gellar as 'Holiday Armadillo' on Friends
    20. Festivus Pole of Greivances
    21. Yukon Cornelius
    22. Clark Griswold (Christmas Vacation)
    23. Cold/Snow Miser
    24. John McClane
    25. Buddy the Elf (Elf movie)
    26. Ebeneezer Scrooge
    27. Kevin McCallister (Home Alone)
    28. Abominable Snow Monster

This week we have Pawed Performers (Yes, I know some of them don't have paws.)

Name that famous animal by their given celebrity name or character name. Please note that this doesn’t apply to 1, 2, 8, 11, 12, 14, 21, 24, 26, & 27. Their actual name will suffice.

Bonus: Provide any or all of the actual name(s) of the animal(s).

Send your submissions to ro.rosaka@gmail.com. Deadline is next Thursday, 01/12/2012, at 12AM PST. One winner will be randomly selected and given a shout-out on our next recording.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • 3 Cheeta
    6 Lassie
    7 Flipper
    8 Shamu
    10 Spuds MacKenzie
    13 Eddie
    14 Babe
    18 Ham?
    19 Air Bud
    23 Willie
    24 Punxsutawney Phil