This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The latest episode of South Park

Comments

• Andrew said:

ITT: Progressive liberals who are acting like they don't enjoy South Park because for once it's actually mocking them.

Hey, they mocked atheists a while back too. So that's like twice they've mocked stuff in our wheelhouse.

• Andrew said:

ITT: Progressive liberals who are acting like they don't enjoy South Park because for once it's actually mocking them.

Hey, they mocked atheists a while back too. So that's like twice they've mocked stuff in our wheelhouse.

They mocked the atheists that I also mock.
  • The finale this time around didn't sit too well with me. Far too many plotlines going on at once without many of them getting wrapped up. Tried to capture PC Culture, Gun Control, Ads, and Gentrification all within this slew of continuity with Garrison, Principal Victoria, PC Principle, the Boys, etc...felt like a really muddy finale without much getting accomplished.

There's some pretty intense debate between South Park fans this season and the finale, if it's the best or the worst. But there's so many layers of subtext and allegory that no one is sure what Matt and Trey were trying to actually say or lampoon directly. Laughed a bit like always, especially at the Blade Runner reference, but not sure how confident I feel about South Park after this.
  • The parts so far have been worse it regardless of whether it is able to wrap up itself.
  • I thought the gun show joke was pretty funny, but yeah as a whole it wasn't as epic as I would have thought. The season kept building up to some sort of final showdown but in the end it just sort of fizzled out. There was no "big b(ad)" reveal or even a crab people. I would have thought we would have seen a bunch more people revealed to be ads or something. Considering how these episodes are usually produced a few days before they air I guess they just couldn't figure out how to tie everything up as well as we'd hoped.
  • I too enjoyed the gun joke quite a bit and couldn't stop from laughing as soon as I saw the Purina endorsement for the gun show and the various ways that guns were shown to be relevant in solving everyone's problems.
  • The satire is strong.
  • Guess I have to pay for Hulu again.
  • Apreche said:

Guess I have to pay for Hulu again.

Can't you still watch the episodes on their own homepage?
  • chaosof99 said:

Apreche said:

Guess I have to pay for Hulu again.

Can't you still watch the episodes on their own homepage?
    It's powered by Hulu, and has been ever since they signed an exclusive contract with them.
  • Those member berries...
  • Stumbled on this article when I was coincidentally reading some stuff about Margaret Atwood adapted shows coming to Netflix and how Darren Aaronofsky was supposedly working with HBO to make an adaption of Oryx and Crake as well as the other books in that series. But I digress...

Xenu commanded it I bet.
  • Nukerjsr said:

Those member berries...

Oh geEez!
  • Whoah. The end of that episode. HO LEE SHIT
  • Now the painful wait for the next episode.
  • Just watched episodes 2 and 3. Shit is going DOWN. Episode 2 was particularly spectacular.
  • Apreche said:

HO LEE SHIT

• No episode this week.
  • No episode this week.

Guess 24 hours wasn't enough for them this time.
  • Apreche said:

No episode this week.

It's not that it's not up, they are skipping a week.
  • Apreche said:

No episode this week.

It's not that it's not up, they are skipping a week.
    That's just their excuse.

• I think the Douchebag has made better points than Turd Sandwich.
  • "Like the previous two seasons, this season features an episode-to-episode continuity. This season also has pre-planned "dark weeks", weeks where no new episodes will air, which has been done since the 19th season. These will be after episode three, episode six, and episode eight." - Wiki
  • They're going to use Troll Trace to identify Skankhunt, and it's going to get pinned on Kyle instead of Gerald.