This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The latest episode of South Park

Comments

• Like.... Small penis. Lol.
  • The yaw is quite important.
  • edited May 2011
    Spoilers Slash isnt real
    Post edited by KapitänTim on
  • WHAT? Did that really just happen??? Spoilers. Did Stan's parents really get divorced? Is this gonna stick?? I guess they had to do something to keep the show fresh. Wowzies!
  • Holy shit.
  • Is this gonna stick?
    They've done it and then undone it once before.
  • Did anyone else notice the two-player Custer's Revenge machine in the bowling alley?
  • Is this gonna stick?
    Really? I do not remember it... What season what is?
  • Did anyone else notice the two-player Custer's Revenge machine in the bowling alley?
    I just finished the episode, and was JUST about to post this. Goddamnit, Rym.
  • Is this gonna stick?
    Really? I do not remember it... What season what is?
    Season 2.
  • Wow, that was a good episode.
  • Windy I remember now. But in that episode their divorce was part of a joke. This seems like it is for real and they are using it to further develop their universe and characters. I guess we will see next week.
  • edited June 2011
    I liked the poignancy of them talking about it seeming like "the same thing happens every week and then it all resets." It's a lot like how they dug into Kenny's backstory at the end of the last season.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I liked the poignancy of them talking about it seeming like "the same thing happens every week and then it all resets."
    The resolution to this was weird, and depressing. They basically said, "we could totally take this whole thing in a different direction but we're not going to, we're just going to reset everything again and stick to what we know."
  • The resolution to this was weird, and depressing.
    The very last scene of the episode was incredibly powerful. I feel like the whole point of the last two episodes was just a romanticized way of showing Stan becoming an alcoholic. Almost an inevitability if you look at his father. I'm really curious as to whether Stan will be forever changed in the show because of this. It seems like it would have a large impact on him day-to-day.
  • I'm really curious as to whether Stan will be forever changed in the show because of this.
    Based on this week's episode, doesn't seem like it.
  • Funniest episode all season.
  • The last one has made my essay bearable. It's Cartmans brain storming that I love.
  • Ass to trout.
  • The main problem with this episode is that Lemmiwinks would be totally incomprehensible and un-funny to people who have not seen his prior South Park appearances.
  • The main problem with this episode is that Lemmiwinks would be totally incomprehensible and un-funny to people who have not seen his prior South Park appearances.
    Yeah, my roommate was pretty confused. I had to keep explaining things to her. She still thought it was funny, but in more of a WTF-Random kind of way until I explained Lemmiwinks to her.
  • Yeah, my roommate was pretty confused. I had to keep explaining things to her. She still thought it was funny, but in more of a WTF-Random kind of way until I explained Lemmiwinks to her.
    Better to just go back and watch Lemmiwinks. I don't think I could possibly explain it.
  • Yeah, my roommate was pretty confused. I had to keep explaining things to her. She still thought it was funny, but in more of a WTF-Random kind of way until I explained Lemmiwinks to her.
    Better to just go back and watch Lemmiwinks. I don't think I could possibly explain it.
    She hasn't seen the animated Tolkien movies. It wouldn't have helped that much. I just explained how the original episode basically paralleled the Hobbit adventure and the parodied features of the animated films.

Also, I loved how in this episode they basically took one of the songs straight from the animated RotK and just put different words to it!
  • Spectacular shameless plug at the end, there.
  • I have to say this season has been pretty solid so far. The last couple of seasons I would hit an episode or two that were boring or even painful and abandon ship, maybe catching one or two of the best reviewed episodes afterwards. I'm not saying the series is back at its peak as far as enjoyment but everything has been reasonably worthwhile.
  • I really didn't enjoy much of the first half of this season, but the last few episodes since starting up again in the fall have been damn solid. I'm pleased.
  • Yeah, agreed, Prof.
  • Er yeah, I should have clarified that I meant everything since "You're Getting Old" to finish off the first half of the season. I guess I'm not thinking in South Park season terms anymore. I don't know if that episode lit a little fire, or maybe they refocused after Book of Mormon, but it seems to be a pretty substantial difference.
  • YAY!!! They mentioned Settlers of Catan on the last episode!