This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Zombies, Part 2

edited December 2006 in Everything Else
Hey guys, could you two please do "how to survive a zombie apocalypse: part 2?"

I thought part 1 was informative and fuckin' hilarious.

It's Thursday anyway, right?

Comments

• Mr. Period hit you fast and hard, didn't he?

A "How To Survive a Zombie Apocalypse: part 2" would be sweet.
  • I guess so.

But seriously, it would be a really fun thing to hear you guys to talk about on tonights podcast.
  • NOOOOO!!! PLEASE!!! That was one of the LAMEST episodes of "Throwaway Thursday" ever. And what's worse is, by the end, Scrym found a moral in it all.
  • Oh Shut Up.

Cmon guys, Zombie no.2 this week, Allright?
  • I really like the zombie episode and want another one.
  • Motion seconded.
  • Me also. I thought the first one was informative and hilarious. I hate those slow, lunging zombies.
  • That's fine sail, don't listen, but don't come knocking on my door when you aren't prepared for the zombies.
  • edited December 2006
    That's fine sail, don't listen, but don't come knocking on my door when you aren't prepared for the zombies.
    Ok, but don't come crawling to me when THE MANATEES STRIKE!!!
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I agree. I thoroughly enjoyed that zombie episode.
  • Hmm... Still no word from Rym or Scott...
  • Yes, please more about the zombie apocalypse. I'm feeling more apocalyptic every day.

You can't watch "Apocalypto" 10 times!
  • You can't watch "Apocalypto" 10 times!
    Actually, yeah I can't. That movie was abysmal.
  • Thursday's coming up guys...ZOMBIES! Cmon Zombies!
  • I believe that the problem of a potential zombie outbreak is serious enough to warrant discussion on GeekNights.

Zombies! Another zombie episode would be great!

But seriously... It could happen, and we need to share as much information around as possible. Keep ourselves safe from them no good brain-eating zombies.
  • I think Metal Slug style zombies should be covered as well.
  • An essential read: "The Zombie Survival Guide" - Max Brooks

It's a very extensive book, and has a bit of humor in there too.
  • What about when the catgirls invade?
  • edited September 2007
    I'm not worried about catgirls.

You raise an interesting line of questioning though. What tactics would remain the same or change and in what way for, say, an invasion of body snatchers? a martian invasion? Deadites? Russians? evil robots? if the moon breaks apart like in "Thundarr the Barbarian" (or like in Jack McDevitt's Moonfall)? or a plague, like King's The Stand or McDevitt's Eternity Road? or, worst of all, other dimensional nasties like in King's novella The Mist?

Maybe Scrym should develop an online course in conjunction with ITT or RETS. There's enough complexity and need to get it accredited to award an Associate's Degree. A person should at least have the option of becoming Apocalypse Certified.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • Not again!!!!!!!! Cmon!

Well, Here's to next Thursday...
  • Jeeze calm down, it really isn't that important. They know you want one, no need to get upset...
  • Jeeze calm down, it really isn't that important.
    You can never devalue one man's noble pursuit.
  • edited January 2007
    Yeah, and besides, i just listened to this Thursdays episode. Thanks for fucking with me Scott, really...

Really though, Its not THAT important; It's just I've been asking for it for a while and i feel really miffed.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Scrym is gonna wait until you least expect it...when you've completely forgotten about it...and then...

WHAMO!!

Just like that, they'll whip out the zombie show.
  • Whamo? Isn't that a brand of toys?

At any rate, I'm not holding my breath. They've recognized that theres a outcry for a zombie episode, Its up to them to decide when to respond to it. Not much more to do now but wait for Scott to finally get ready for a zombie ep since Rym says he's allready set.
  • There's not THAT much of an outcry for it, considering you are the one causing the most ruckus about it. Whatever, do whatever you want. They'll put one out eventually.
  • Whamo? Isn't that a brand of toys?
    Yes, I believe they make Slip n' Slides.
    At any rate, I'm not holding my breath. They've recognized that there's an outcry for a zombie episode, so it's up to them to decide when to respond to it. Not much more to do now but wait for Scott to finally get ready for a zombie episode since Rym says he's already set.
    Just felt like giving you a hard time.
  • This should satiate your zombie needs for a while.
  • Or maybe you could re-listen to the old episode. ?