This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Official Front Row Crew Wesnoth Server

Comments

• I am soooo glad you guys mentioned this game. I'm hooked. I'm checking in every now and then to see if anyone is playing on the server.
  • Anyone up for a game tonight? I just took my last final and I need to blow off some steam.
  • Anyone up for a game tonight? I just took my last final and I need to blow off some steam.
    Tonight I'm doing stuff. Grilling burgers, laundry, playing a new game, Pokemons, etc. Tomorrow morning before Rym wakes up will be great. I'll login to the server when I wake up, and if I see anyone, we can play. I don't know what time that will be. It's just "when I wake up".
  • edited May 2007
    Anyone up for a game tonight? I just took my last final and I need to blow off some steam.
    I can play tonight. I'll be on Skype(topodcast) and Aim(cyclpsrock) if anyone wants else to play.
    Post edited by Sail on
    I can play tonight. I'll be on Skype(topodcast) and Aim(cyclpsrock) if anyone wants else to play.
    Oh shit. I forgot about something. I'm busy tonight. Damn.
  • edited May 2007
    Anybody wanna play tonight?
    Post edited by lorddragonslayer on
  • I'm game.
  • edited May 2007
    crap i had to stop call an ambulance and everything.(my father had a heart attack) I probably missed you but if your still around please post back so we cab still play a game.

- If anyone else wants to take me up on my offer post back
    Post edited by lorddragonslayer on
  • Damn, I hope he is ok. I will be available at 8:30 p.m EST (a little less than an hour from now) if you want to play. I'll be waiting in the lobby around then.
  • Alright I'll try to be there. I might get a call from the hospital and have to go, but if not ill be there.

-See you then... I think
  • Anyone up for some Wesnoth?
  • Anyone up for a game?
  • Anyone up for a game?
  • We almost played some Wesnoth tonight, but instead we are going to sleep. Odds are looking good for tomorrow after we get work done.
  • Yes. We'll post when we have more details, but expect us to play sometime tomorrow afternoon/evening EDT. ^_^
  • I say we get a huge game together for tomorrow, then. But we gotta remember to set a timer this time -_- Wesnoth with 6 people takes way too long without a time limit.
  • I'll be on Wesnoth starting between 6:30 to 7:00 PST tonight.
  • It looks like Rym, Scott, and I will be hanging around the server shortly. (~9:30PM EDT)
  • Well, I handily defeated Scott, Alex, Waterispoison, and Sail in a 5-way free-for-all.  I also note that every one of them conceded defeat willingly and before I struck the final blow. ^_^
  • Well, I handily defeated Scott, Alex, Waterispoison, and Sail in a 5-way free-for-all. I also note that every one of them conceded defeat willingly and before I struck the final blow. ^_^Or maybe we were all just too tired and it was too late to keep playing. I had pretty much a stalemate going on. I wasn't gaining or losing territory at any measurable rate.
  • Heh. Sorry I had to leave. I hate it when real life interferes with Wesnoth.
  • I was just exhausted, almost to the point where I couldn't keep my eyes open and focus. We started way too late.
  • RymRym
    edited May 2007

Or maybe we were all just too tired and it was too late to keep playing. I had pretty much a stalemate going on. I wasn't gaining or losing territory at any measurable rate.
    I stayed until I beat all of the AI, which only took a few more turns.  I spent much of that last time just chasing down the last enemy leader so I could kill him.  By the time sail quit, I already held almost all of the cities in the eastern half of the board.  I also had lost only a couple of units, and had several on the edge of levelling.  By the time you quit, I was pumping out an additional three elven fighters every turn and just spamming troops all over the place. 
    Your "stalemate" was against other weakened players.  There aren't that many villages on the map, and I had 11 of them.  Even if you'd called truce with the players you were fighting locally, you couldn't have taken my massive host. 
    Victory was a foregone conclusion: I had the resources to defeat any two of you simultaneously at that point, and at least enough to hold off three of you indefinitely.  Alex, having pushed into the middle, let me take his entire north-eastern land, while Sail didn't pressure my southern border until it was too late.  You staying to play versus the AI finishing the last few rounds made no difference: I'd won before any of you quit.  Don't try to pretend it was a draw or make up excuses simply because you gave up (quit) a handful of rounds before I marched over and killed everyone's leaders.

Post edited by Rym on
  • edited May 2007
    Sorry if I sound stupid and oblivious.. Is Wesnoth only for Linux users? When I attempt to go to the page, it basically tells me that "The owner of this web site has not put up any web pages yet. Please come back later." Or am I missing something? Again, sorry if I am being and idiot.

Edit: I came to this conclusion, because there was also talk about Debian on the same page.
    Post edited by Zeehat on
  • Download the client here.  It runs on every useful operating system. ^_^
  • Thanks! I am looking forward to some Wesnoth gaming action.. Soon ^_~
  • If anyone's interested, I've just prodded the FRC wesnoth (wesnoth.frontrowcrew.com) server back into life.

The server's still on version 1.2.3 of the game; I'll consider upgrading it if there's significant interest.
  • I'm interested.
  • Wow, Scott and I literally just talked about playing this game about two minutes ago...
  • I'm shocked that Alex's post came before Andrew's.