This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Official Front Row Crew Wesnoth Server

Comments

• Alright, I'm going to upgrade the server to 1.4.1 - it should be compatible with any version past 1.3.18, I think. Get thee to the installers if you don't have that.
  • edited April 2008
    I'm up for a game as soon as the server is updated.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Server is updated.
  • I get an error that says "Illegal character in compression input".
  • Three of us are on there playing right now. I choose to blame your end.
  • w00t! I'm finally on.
  • I'm starting a game.
  • Well, I just removed every trace of Wesnoth off my computer, did a fresh install, and the problem still persists. I'm posting the problem on the Wesnoth forums.
  • New version is awesome. Expect tons more Wesnoth in the future.
  • edited April 2008
    Ugh. Missed all the games. Oh well, at least it's working properly now. Compiling from source ftw...
    Post edited by Sail on
  • It's been awhile since I've had my ass kicked so badly. >_>
  • I can't believe I won a game. However, further play revealed that I still suck.
  • edited April 2008
    Reinstalling. Will join up with you guys in a bit.

What were the improvements in Version 1.4?
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • edited April 2008
    Funny new animations.

[Edit]From the release notes.
    Seven new campaigns now ship with the game
    Parts of the user interface of the game have been redesigned
    You can now review scenarios, chat, and set options after victory
    The multiplayer collection has been revised and extended
    Changed and rebalanced units
    Many portraits have been revised or added
    New uses of animation
    Multiplayer lobby improvements
    Miscellaneous other improvements
    Post edited by Sail on
  • When are we doing this noise?
  • Let's go, I'm ready.
  • *just finished playing a campaign*

FUCK YOU RNG! 70% to hit! And 4/5 miss! STOP DOING THAT! I will practice some more after sleeping. Perhaps I can be someone's guinea pig tomorrow.
  • I'll play. I'm just hanging in the server.
  • I'll try to be on everything around 10:00pm EST if you wanna play.
  • If anyone would care to join me for a game, I'll be hanging around the server in about an hour (say, 9PM EST).
  • Three player maps are horribly unbalanced. I refuse to play them anymore...
  • Same. We need more people too. >_<
  • Three player maps are horribly unbalanced.
    In what sense? Do you mean how two players tend to team up on the third or what?
  • Three player maps are horribly unbalanced.
    In what sense? Do you mean how two players tend to team up on the third or what?
    Three player games in general are unstable; on many an eve of three-player boardgames have we grumbled about this problem. One of two things always seems to happen:

1) Two players gang up on the third, then fight it out in a two-player game (while the third player has little real chance).
    2) Two players fight and exhaust each other while the third remains mostly untouched, and therefore wins without much effort.
  • It's weekend, and I wish to play a proper game of Wesnoth, i.e. against a person who can actually play the game (unlike me). Dinner is ready in 20 minutes so I'll be available at 19:00 CEST.
  • edited April 2008
    Three player maps are horribly unbalanced.
    Three player games in general are unstable; on many an eve of three-player boardgames have we grumbled about this problem. One of two things always seems to happen:

1) Two players gang up on the third, then fight it out in a two-player game (while the third player has little real chance).
    In this situation, one of the two players should realise they are weaker than the other, and betray the stronger one with the third player.
    2) Two players fight and exhaust each other while the third remains mostly untouched, and therefore wins without much effort.
    In this situation, at some point the two players fighting should realise what is going on, and gang up on the third player.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited April 2008
    Wait until two of them are fighting then build up defences against attack from one and attack the other, under the combined onslaught they fall and you use the resources you capture to take the remaining player.
    That said, no successful strategy should be explainable in a few sentences, unless it is especially brilliant.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Wait until two of them are fighting then build up defences against attack from one and attack the other, under the combined onslaught they fall and you use the resources you capture to take the remaining player.
    If I was the one you weren't attacking, I'd hopefully turn my forces to fight you (together with whoever I was fighting earlier) before it was too late.
  • Then timing is the key; treachery and deception would help too.
  • Is anyone up for some Wesnoth action tonight or tomorrow? I'm up for it anytime tonight and after 12 PM tomorrow.