This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Caffeine

13»

Comments

• Well, Adderall won't fry your brain.
    I thought it fucked up non-ADD people slowly over time?
    Well if you take it too much too often its not good but I don't really think its really much worse than caffeine. And to me the energy from it felt more controlled, but be careful either way.
  • edited March 2011
    Well, Adderall won't fry your brain.
    I thought it fucked up non-ADD people slowly over time?
    Any amphetamine usage carries a risk of amphetamine psychosis, but that's usually due to either chronic use at high doses, or (rarely) long-term use at therapeutic doses.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I'm on quite the caffeine rush right now. Wooooooo
  • I replaced coffee with tea as my main caffeine source. I don't drink anything caffeinated that often. Guess I don't need it.
  • I love caffeine. In smaller doses it relaxes me and it sort of clears my head. Plus it allows me to stay awake for far to long. I still usually stick to caffeine pills and mountain dew, with the occasional energy drink thrown in.
  • edited September 2011
    There's a stupidly caffeinated drink under a local convenience store's brand. How stupidly?

Cup of coffee: 60 mg caffeine.
    Mt. Dew (any): 91 mg caffeine.
    This drink: 170 mg caffeine.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • edited September 2011
    Nah, Monster has 160mg, so that's a pretty comparable amount to other energy drinks. Cocaine had 280.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I should report then that Shower Shock Body Wash actually does kind of wake up your body, makes it feel sort of tingly. However, it's similar to the effect of when you rub toothpaste on your hands, like, it attracts cold air.
  • There's a stupidly caffeinated drink under a local convenience store's brand. How stupidly?

Cup of coffee: 60 mg caffeine.
    Mt. Dew (any): 91 mg caffeine.
    This drink: 170 mg caffeine.
    Thats not that Much. A Full Throttle 16oz has about 200mg and the NOS 22oz I just drank a little while ago had about 350ish.
    Also most Mountain dew has about 54mg of caffeine per can.
  • Also most Mountain dew has about 54mg of caffeine per can
    I'm talking bottle.

And jesus, I thought I was a caffeine freak. :P
  • Well, that's a lot even for me. I don't drink that much very often. It still didn't really affect me that much. I think I have a naturally high tolerance or something. Even when I go days or weeks without caffeine it has the same affect.
  • I avoid caffeine for the most part, because I don't need it. When I need it, however, I don't hesitate to take it, and it really doesn't take much, since I have basically no tolerance. I had a Diet Pepsi on Wednesday and was REALLY feeling it, and in the summer on my last day of work I had a Red Bull and I was bouncing off the walls.