This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

"Metal" is the best thread title here.

Comments

• Yeah, and as staunch about freedom (and other things) as most people in the black metal "scene" are, I would be somewhat surprised if something like Gaahl being gay being a problem.
    Well, the fringe of the black metal scene starts verging on some heavy right-wing neo-nazi stuff, especially in Scandinavia. There aren't many, but there are some.
  • I just got Dømkirke, Flight of the Behemoth, White1, White2, Angel Coma (with Earth), and Altar (with Boris) all by Sunn O))). I need some more drone bands. The three or four I listen to now aren't cutting it.
  • There are tons of drone bands. You're just picky.
  • There are tons of drone bands. You're just picky.
    There's none I can find that are as good as Earth, Sunn O))), and Boris. That's where this thread comes in. I can't stand most of the boring, repetitive garbage that passes for drone.
  • I think one listen of Absolutego by Boris is enough drone for me.
  • boring, repetitive garbage that passes for drone.
    As opposed to the snappy, uptempo stuff? ^_~
  • As opposed to the snappy, uptempo stuff? ^_~
    Good drone is repetitive, but has enough new stuff added every couple measures to keep it interesting.
  • Well, then, maybe I should expect some good drone songs coming from you since you're so unhappy about the current state of drone music.
  • Well, then, maybe I should expect some good drone songs coming from you since you're so unhappy about the current state of drone music.
    As in I should make some or recommend some?
  • Make it, I challenge you to. Change the scene if you're unhappy with it.
    Don't be ridiculous.
    Don't be ridiculous.
    OK, maybe changing the scene is a little ridiculous, but you are a musician. You can contribute to the scene trivially.
  • Well, at least try to, I'm sure you're not the only one looking for some good drone, so instead of being a seeker, be a provider.
  • edited November 2008
    I've been listening to The Dethalbum a lot again recently. Has there been any word on a new album now that the second season has finished?
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Watershed is not my best album pick anymore. You guys have to check our Cynic's Traced In Air, holy crap is it an amazing album.
  • Good song, I see the guy uses a Parker, which is an amazing guitar brand. :)
  • edited November 2008
    I'm adding Nadja to the list of good drone bands. Radiance of Shadows is intense. I got albums by Wolves in the Throne Room, Wold, Khanate, Sleep, Electric Wizard, and Nachtmystium today. I'll tell you guys if those are any good once I've listened.
    Post edited by whatever on
  • edited November 2008
    I like Nadja, Electric Wizard, and Khanate, the rest I've either have not checked out or don't care about.
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • edited November 2008
    Listen to Sleep, bro. Their album Sleep's Holy Mountain is awesome. Diadem of 12 Stars by Wolves in the Throne Room was also very good. Screech Owl by Wold was a bit too abrasive for me to get into (which is really saying something). I'll listen to the rest soon.
  • Have you checked out Stalaggh? It's not exactly drone, but damn is it an emotionally draining experience, it can be even scary.
  • edited November 2008
    Have you checked out Stalaggh? It's not exactly drone, but damn is it an emotionally draining experience, it can be even scary.
    Whisper me an album. Dopethrone by Electric Wizards was pretty cool, by the way.
  • Stalaggh is scary as fuck. The vocals supposedly come from real mental patients as well as recordings of attempted murders. Listening to it freaks me the fuck out.
  • Stalaggh is scary as fuck. The vocals supposedly come from real mental patients as well as recordings of attempted murders. Listening to it freaks me the fuck out.
    I blasted some Stalaggh on Halloween. XD
  • I blasted some Stalaggh on Halloween. XD
    Not a bad idea.
  • I blasted some Stalaggh on Halloween. XD
    Not a bad idea.
    I got a complain the day afterwards. DX
  • edited November 2008

This is awesome, but Pyha is much scarier and more abrasive, I think. And he's a little kid, so just imagine the havoc he'll wreck in a few years.
  • Phya? Link please.

You can also check out Masonna if you like this branch of noise.
  • edited November 2008
    Phya? Link please.

You can also check out Masonna if you like this branch of noise.
    Haunted House by Pyha. He made this album in eight grade. What's a good Masonna album? Also, I'm really digging Pulse Demon by Merzbow right now.
  • edited November 2008
    What the fuck is with all this noise music clogging up my metal thread?

A Band of Orcs - "Into the Maelstrom"

Gorgeous Frankenstein - "Gorgeous Frankenstein"
    You might recognize somebody in this.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on