This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Bitter Food Divisions

edited August 2007 in Flamewars
Which do you like better:

Chicago or New York Pizza?

Pat's or Geno's Cheesesteaks?

South Carolina, Memphis, or Kansas City Barbecue?

Brown or Yellow Mustard?

Regular or Fancy Catsup?

Hot or cold Muffalettas?

Dark, Milk, or White Chocolate?

Hot dog buns as God intended or those weird sliced bread travesties they have in Maine?

Comments

• edited August 2007
    Hot dog buns as God intended or those weird sliced bread travesties they have in Maine?
    How are Maine hot dog buns different? There are two kinds, going by how they lay in the package you pick up: side-sliced, and wrong-sliced. Which are you saying are the travesties?
    Post edited by Neito on
  • The ones that look like sliced bread.
  • Chicago or New York Pizza?
    Brown or Yellow Mustard?
    Regular or Fancy Catsup? Ketchup.
    Hot or cold Muffalettas?
  • I love internet lists . . .
  • Regular or Fancy Catsup?
    First of all, its Ketchup.
  • What the heck is a muffaletta?
    Muffaletta
  • Chicago or New York Pizza?

Brown or Yellow Mustard? (yellow mustard is an oxymoron)

Regular or Fancy Catsup?

Hot or cold Muffalettas?

Hot dog buns as God science intended or those weird sliced bread travesties they have in Maine?

NEW ONE:

Natural casing or skinless hot dogs
  • edited August 2007
    New York every time.
    Kansas City ribs, Memphis pulled pork, and South Carolina pork chops.
    Geno's. Duh.
    Brown.
    Whatever -- as long as it's salty and thick.
    Upon seeing cosmic's link, hot.
    Dark, preferably Dutch.
    Potato buns.
    Bratwurst. Hot dogs suck.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • Bratwurst. Hot dogs suck.
    Seconded.
  • edited August 2007
    Chicago pizza rules.

Anyone who's never had a muffaletta should go to New Orleans and get one at the Central Grocery. It's worth the trip for the sandwich alone.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • Touché on the brats.
    Muffaletta
    Those look super-delicious...
  • Natural casing or skinless hot dogs
    Natural casing are the only True Hot Dogs. As a matter of fact, I'm going to give a little list of how to do a hot dog RIGHT.
    1) Use only natural casing hotdogs.
    2) Boil them. Don't fry them, you heathen.
    3) Use good, hearty rolls. Don't bother with shitty white-bread rolls. Get some good ones.
    4)Celery salt. Use it, love it.
    5) The only condiments other than celery salt you're allowed are mustard and relish. Katsup on hotdogs is gross.
  • edited August 2007
    Chicago or New York Pizza? Chicago

Pat's or Geno's Cheesesteaks? Neither.

South Carolina, Memphis, or Kansas City Barbecue? Neither. Gadson style prevails.

Brown or Yellow Mustard? Brown

Regular or Fancy Catsup? I hate ketchup mostly

Hot or cold Muffalettas? Never had one

Dark, Milk, or White Chocolate? Dark

Hot dog buns as God intended or those weird sliced bread travesties they have in Maine? Neither. Potato roll hot dog buns rule!

Great questions to ask when someone is hungry. I think I want that Muffalettas. They look really good. Also when did they start making skinless hot dogs? I never heard of those.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Natural casingor skinless hot dogs
    5) The only condiments other than celery salt you're allowed are mustard and relish. Katsup on hotdogs is gross.
    Um, excuse me, but how about onions or the almighty sauerkraut?
  • 5) The only condiments other than celery salt you're allowed are mustard and relish. Katsup on hotdogs is gross.
    I hate this pretentious attitude when it comes to condiments. I'll put whatever I damn well feel like on my food and you can die in a fire if you don't like it.
  • edited August 2007
    I like (and highly recommend) Pineapple jelly, crushed potato chips, relish, mayo, mustard (just a pinch) and caramelized onions on your hot dog.
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • 5) The only condiments other than celery salt you're allowed are mustard and relish. Katsup on hotdogs is gross.
    I hate this pretentious attitude when it comes to condiments. I'll put whatever I damn well feel like on my food and you can die in a fire if you don't like it.
    Thus begins the great hot dog condiment war of 2007.
  • Hot Dog condiments - ketchup only.
  • Hot Dog condiments - ketchup only.
    I'm with ya.
  • pineapple jelly will set you free my brothers...
  • edited August 2007
    Only yellow mustard with hot dogs! Any mustard is fine with Brats.

Those who use ketchup on their hot dogs shall surely be cast into the pit of everlasting damnation where they will endure toemts greater even than those who prefer New York pizza. Yea, their torments shall be never ending and they will pray for death, but they will be in the pit where the worm dieth not, and they will find their ketchup substituted with the blood of the undying worm . . .
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • edited August 2007
    Any purebred Philadelphian would tell you the real answer: they're both shit. If you have to go with a popular chain, Tony Luke's. If you don't: food carts.
    Post edited by Dave on
  • food carts.
    Best damn falafel/mystery meat in the Bronx!  I eat more from food carts than I do restaurants in the city.
  • Only yellow mustard with hot dogs! Any mustard is fine with Brats.
    Any mustard that is not yellow is acceptable. Gulden's Spicy Brown ftw!
  • Only yellow mustard with hot dogs! Any mustard is fine with Brats. Any mustard that isnotyellow is acceptable. Gulden's Spicy Brown ftw!

Fuck yeah gulden's! Almost a meal on its own.
  • Sweet or sour pickles?
  • What kind of mustard is French mustard (aside from, you know, the mustard of yellow-bellied frogmen :P)? The stuff I've got is sort of browny-yellow.

Most of these differentiations are only relevant in America. >_>
  • Sweet or sour pickles?
    There are two kinds of pickles I enjoy above all others.
    These and these.