This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Bitter Food Divisions

124»

Comments

• That sounds like when I tell people that I eat PB and Cheese and Pickles sandwiches...
  • That sounds like when I tell people that I eat PB and Cheese and Pickles sandwiches...
    *Looks at you odd like*

I like cream cheese and jelly sandwiches. I toast the bread and immediately put the cream cheese on so it can melt into the bread a bit. Then the jelly on the other slice and voila! Its even better if you have a sandwich maker. Its like a warm pastry that way.

PB and J is SO kindergarten. j/k PB and J still rocks!
  • Well, I usually eat just the PB and C, but when I'm at home and I just want something to hit everything I love, I'll put all 3 together.

PB and some Plum Jelly! That is teh awesome. (I think I've over-used that phrase)
  • I like cream cheese and jelly sandwiches.
    I have that combo on bagels alot. It's mm-mm good.
  • Brown or buttermilk gravy?

What is your position on grits? We lived in Tennessee for a couple of years when I was younger. They gave us grits with our school lunches. They were of a consistency not unlike concrete, and they sat like concrete in your gut. I've never been able to look a grit in the face since.
  • grits = yuck
  • edited August 2007
    There is an old saying to everything that is eatable:
    "anything that is bitter in the mouth, is sweet for the heart"
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • Breakfast meats: bacon, ham, or sausage?
  • Breakfast meats: bacon, ham, or sausage?
    Why is that an "or" question?
  • edited September 2007
    Breakfast meats: bacon, ham, or sausage?
    There was a restaurant in Lexington, KY just across the street from the north side of the U.K. campus called Tolly-Ho. They could make an omelet stuffed to bursting with cheese and bacon. It was almost as good as a pizza. In fact, if they put it on a crust, it could have been a pizza.

If my wife would let me, I'd be on an all bacon diet.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • Bacon > Sausage > Ham
  • grits = yuck
    Finally another person who thinks so! Every time I say that my semi-south family always gives me the weird stares.
  • Ice Cream:

Soft serve or Hard? Homemade or Store? Cold Stone, White Mountain, or Baskin Robbins?

Bit and pieces included or Smooth?

Banana Split or Sundae?

Waffle, Sugar, or Cake cone?

One of my food ideas: Fried Beer. You could somehow gel the beer, then bread it and fry it. It would be presented like Mozarella Sticks, which would lead to the next innovation: Fried Cheezy Beer.
  • edited November 2007
    The thread is ressurected!

Soft serve, homemade, Cold Stone Creamery. smooth, cake cone for the win! Fuck yeah!

Fried beer....why not just add beer in the batter? It sounds great on shrimp.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • edited November 2007

Fried beer....why not just add beer in the batter? It sounds great on shrimp.
    I really wanted it to end up in stick form, like the cheese sticks. You could get five or six of them as an appetizer.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on