This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

It's handegg season

Comments

• NFL.com Must-see Stadiums
    List is missing the Big House by virtue of it being the Big House.
  • You have to click over one more. The first #1 is a joke.
    Phew. Hot damn. Thanks for the save, Ro. My nerd rage battery was filling up over here.
  • Interesting data about criminals on NFL teams from /r/nfl

http://imgur.com/a/n7yg7#fJeoSLs
    Well, look at that, despite Scott's protestation about how the Eagles are all thugs and criminals, they have fewer arrests than the Giants.
  • Adam Rank is a semi funny guy but his football knowledge is suspect at best. I hate to take a swing at a man who lives only a city over from me but, how the $)@$ is Lambeau Field not on the list?! It's only the oldest stadium in operation in the NFL.
    Lambeau (opened in 1957) is not the oldest. Soldier Field (opened in 1924) is the oldest. That's right, the Bears play in the oldest stadium in the league, Packer fans. :P
    Er, isn't the Big House a college stadium?
  • For a second I read that as Pecker fans.

I'm ok with that. :P
  • Interesting data about criminals on NFL teams from /r/nfl

http://imgur.com/a/n7yg7#fJeoSLs
    Well, look at that, despite Scott's protestation about how the Eagles are all thugs and criminals, they have fewer arrests than the Giants.
    I was shocked. However, lets do a different count. How many players did the Eagles bring on who already had criminal records? I bet Giants have pretty close to zero.
  • I guess in Scott's world criminal punishment has to be eternal.
  • Adam Rank is a semi funny guy but his football knowledge is suspect at best. I hate to take a swing at a man who lives only a city over from me but, how the $)@$ is Lambeau Field not on the list?! It's only the oldest stadium in operation in the NFL.
    Lambeau (opened in 1957) is not the oldest. Soldier Field (opened in 1924) is the oldest. That's right, the Bears play in the oldest stadium in the league, Packer fans. :P

The Bears did not play football in any capacity in soldier field until after Lambeau was built. Was it a stadium? Yes. Was it a football stadium? No. Lambeau wins.
    Er, isn't the Big House a college stadium?
    The University of Phoenix Stadium is on there, and I thought that meant that college stadiums were included. But it turns out that the Cardinals play there, so I guess not.

The Bears did not play football in any capacity in soldier field until after Lambeau was built. Was it a stadium? Yes. Was it a football stadium? No. Lambeau wins.
    Actually, even though the Bears didn't play at Soldier Field until 1971, there were other football games played there dating back to when it was originally built, so yes, it was a football stadium. FWIW, the Bears played at Wrigley Field before Soldier Field, so they beat Lambeau there too.
    The University of Phoenix Stadium is on there, and I thought that meant that college stadiums were included. But it turns out that the Cardinals play there, so I guess not.
    The University of Phoenix isn't a real university.

• Actually, even though the Bears didn't play at Soldier Field until 1971, there were other football games played there dating back to when it was originally built, so yes, it was a football stadium. FWIW, the Bears played at Wrigley Field before Soldier Field, so they beat Lambeau there too.

Beat it how? How does moving cities, changing stadiums, and changing your franchise' name beat Green Bay who, aside from the transition from being privatly owed by Acme to being publically owed has not changed cities, only changed stadiums once compared to at least four I can think of for the Bears and never changed their name? Calm your misplaced pride, cubbie. ;-)

And before you even go there, this is a preemptive "We have the most NFL Championships in the history of football on Earth."
  • edited June 2013

Actually, even though the Bears didn't play at Soldier Field until 1971, there were other football games played there dating back to when it was originally built, so yes, it was a football stadium. FWIW, the Bears played at Wrigley Field before Soldier Field, so they beat Lambeau there too.

Beat it how? How does moving cities, changing stadiums, and changing your franchise' name beat Green Bay who, aside from the transition from being privatly owed by Acme to being publically owed has not changed cities, only changed stadiums once compared to at least four I can think of for the Bears and never changed their name? Calm your misplaced pride, cubbie. ;-)
    Cubbie? Nothing! I'm a Red Sox fan in baseball and a Patriots fan in football. The whole Chicago/Green Bay rivalry thing is just an amusing side show to me and I sometimes do like to partake in jerking others' chains with respect to rivalries that don't affect my chosen teams. :P
    And before you even go there, this is a preemptive "We have the most NFL Championships in the history of football on Earth."
    Yeah, but when it comes to professional football championships across all leagues, the Toronto Argonauts have you beat with 16 Grey Cups. :P
    Post edited by Dragonmaster Lou on
  • And in what direction does the talent flow between the two leagues? Which one has more money and more following?

I admire the troll mentality you're speaking to but if you're going to troll facts, get some good'uns sir'bro. ;-)
  • And in what direction does the talent flow between the two leagues? Which one has more money and more following?

I admire the troll mentality you're speaking to but if you're going to troll facts, get some good'uns sir'bro. ;-)
    Hey, you gotta respect the Grey Cup. It's a pretty badass trophy and the second oldest one in North American professional sports after only the Stanley Cup. :)
  • If I have to respect a trophy, I choose to respect the trophy I give myself for being awesome in the form of Johnny Walker Black.
  • Basketball's done, baseball... well, don't really give a crap about baseball this year.

Yeah, I'm 100% ready for footballs.
  • For reals.
  • For the first time I am participating in a Fantasy League in my office, is there a FRC one that I am not aware of yet?
  • I brought the idea up several years ago and it never materialized. I'd be keen if it formed.
  • WHOOOO FOOTBALL!
  • Jay Onrait, now also available in america.

• So it's handegg season. While the NFL continues to be not something I watched, the Michigan vs. Notre Dame game last night was pretty choice. I particularly enjoyed Notre Dame's skills at turning over the ball.
  • Why does the goatse team remind me of House Atradies?
  • edited September 2013
    I was really hoping for the Packers to beat the 49ers. I'm looking forward to next Sunday's big game when they come to the Clink.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Anybody got some sort of crash course page for this season?