This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• "Validation" - 16 minutes long, but it'll make you smile.

Thanks man, I really needed that

That was great.
  • How do you create a game based on a certain Greek legend? This!

Didn't play, so spill it: [Orpheus and Eurydice]
  • Yesterday I was a guest on the SFFaudio Podcast. It's the podcast from Jesse and Scott, the team behind a website that reviews sci-fi and fantasy audio books, radio plays and podcasts.

We had a really good discussion about reviewing books, as that is what we all do on our respective podcasts. Topics include "how we approach a review", "to spoil or not to spoil", "to use ratings or not to use ratings", "subjective or objective", "reviews that are too negative" and of course we generally chatted about science fiction novels and authors we really enjoy. And a bit about my own fiction and if it will ever be podcasted.

Here is a direct link to the audio file.
  • How do you create a game based on a certain Greek legend?This!
    That's an awesome game. Really awesome.
  • How do you create a game based on a certain Greek legend?This!
    That's an awesome game. Really awesome.
    A fun game indeed, but there's barely any consequence to dying. You just start back at the start of the screen on which you died. Making it a little to easy, but on the other side also not infuriating.
  • This is without question marketing, but its still pretty rad.
  • This is such romantic and cute song
  • This is such romantic and cute song.
    Scrubs, that's where I remember this song from.
  • This is such romantic and cute song.
    Scrubs, that's where I remember this song from.
    That is were I got the song, but I needed the original :D
  • The most unwanted song.

Hopefully no one has posted this one.
  • edited March 2009
    The most unwanted song.
    Shit on a biscuit. Where did they get some of these samples from? In particular that lady rapping was singularly awful.
    Post edited by Admiral Hotcakes on
  • The most unwanted song.

Hopefully no one has posted this one.
    That was the least enjoyable thing I've ever heard.
  • Shit on a biscuit. Where did they get some of these samples from? In particular that lady rapping was singularly awful.
    I'm pretty sure it was all original recordings. They took a survey and found the least-wanted elements of a song and made it.
  • edited March 2009

Post edited by Skyshiro on
  • That track is awesome.
  • Status update: Luke is now singing "Ramadan, Ramadan, lots praying with no presents. Ramadan, so much fun, do all your shopping... at Walmart!"
  • Designed a steampunk raygun...that actually fires. It uses a blowtorch-sized supply of propane with a solenoid and an as-of-yet undetermined method of ignition (taking suggestions from anyone who builds stuff like this, I was thinking an always-on nichrome element at the tip of the barrel, but that's both ludicrously dangerous and might melt) all inside a burnished brass/pop-rivet rifle body complete with analog gauges and fake triodes (as an "aether focusing array").

Also designing a companion pistol that fires a (hopefully) 10-inch tongue of flame using a butane canister. Spring-summer project season, hurray!
  • Thesetwoblog posts.
    That second one, the Director's Cut, was possibly one of the more interesting, motivating things I've read recently. I recommend anyone read this.
  • WARNING: This song WILL get stuck in your head

I personally love the part at about 1:30 in.
  • WARNING: This song WILL get stuck in your head
    I personally love the part at about 1:30 in.
    Don't you know? Noby noby boy is THE DEVIL!

• Playing Rockband in a moving car.
  • edited March 2009
    Playing Rockband in a moving car.
    A rock band in a car:

And in a bus:
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • edited March 2009
    Rock Band on a truck!

Rappers on a boat!
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Rappers on a boat!
    Touché
  • Waiting for somebody to link a video of an orchestra in a clown car.
    I would so fucking watch this.