This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Occasionally, there are benefits to working retail. Such as dibs on unwanted promotional material.

My basement just became a little bit more awesome. <3
  • It's micheal, the terrible boyfriend
    (from the makers of the watchman Saturday cartoon)

• edited March 2009

Post edited by Jason on
  • edited March 2009
    I like good customer service. I bought a coat Last December. A few months later some of the fabric was fraying around the edges. I took it back to the shop and they gave me my money back. Why can't all shops be like this? For the bad weather next winter I'll buy a coat from the same shop, and who knows, maybe I'll get another 200 euro jacket to wear for the winter for free for the second time.

EDIT: Fuck the computer shop that wouldn't let me return a monitor. It had a dead pixel right there in the middle of the fucking screen!
    Post edited by Luke Burrage on
  • It's micheal, the terrible boyfriend
    (from the makers of the watchman Saturday cartoon)
    That was kinda dumb, but I'm really impressed that one guy did that. It doesn't even look like Flash -- it looks he went to a lot of trouble to get that line jitter that you see in traditional hand-drawn cartoons.

Shit's not too bad.
  • Shit's not too bad.
    Wow, kiddo, you're easily impressed (^_^) I like gummy fruit too, but for it to make your day is kind of cute.
  • Shit's not too bad.
    Wow, kiddo, you're easily impressed (^_^) I like gummy fruit too, but for it to make your day is kind of cute.
    Seriously...you can buy those at any FYE or Japanese food store.
  • Shit's not too bad.
    Depends on where you live.
  • Shit's not too bad.
    Oh I know, but I love gummie stuff. I got these at a Vintage Stock. There aren't really any Japanese food stores around here (AFAIK, but I haven't done a lot of checking). I'm sure there's an FYE around here, somewhere.... ^_^
  • I was given these Japanese hard Candies once, they were fantastic. Couldn't read a word on the label, unfortunately, but apparently, they were from a recipe thats over a hundred years old. Came in a tin about the size of a packet of cigarettes, with a circular opening in the top that had a plug made of the same materiel as the tin. The Candies themselves were about the size of a Malteaser, probably a little bit bigger, though shaped like the fruit they were meant to taste like.
  • Oh, It's the candy of sorrow! Sadness Candy!

(See grave of the fireflies)
  • edited March 2009
    Don't do it!
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited March 2009
    Don't do it!
    Grave of the Fireflies didn't get to me at all, really. Do I have no soul?
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • Oh, It's the candy of sorrow! Sadness Candy!

Errr....will it affect my enjoyment of these candies when I eventualy find out what they are and buy some more?
  • No, just your enjoyment of life as a whole.
  • I LOLed irl.
  • Adam savage is kind of obsessed.
    Just saw it today in the morning, I think most people can relate

• Disney ripping themselves off. Not that there's anything wrong with it, honestly, but it's funny.
  • edited March 2009
    Post edited by Admiral Hotcakes on
  • Randall Munroe writes a check
    Math and/or reading fail. It doesn't say e^(2pi).
  • Randall Munroe writes a check
    Math and/or reading fail. It doesn't say e^(2pi).
    That doesn't diminish the fact that he wrote "What, now bitches?" in the memo.
  • Considering that a mathematical equation with a single outcome is equivalent to a number. Would this hold up legally?

• Unofficial music video done in claymation style.
  • edited March 2009
    I bought the Ah! My Goddess: Flights of Fancy: The Complete TV Series Season 2 box set today ridiculously cheap at Best Buy, and I'm really happy about it. It only cost about $27 with tax. I'm really liking the special features, and it's great watching the series again on DVD. ^_^

Post edited by Loganator456 on

This book is pretty much the best thing in the world.